Kogan 13-in-1 Steam Mop User Manual
SAFETY & WARNINGS
Note: Please read carefully. Failure to follow the product instructions will void your warranty. Read all instructions before assembly and use of the appliance.
Warning: using this product incorrectly means there will be a danger of scalding. Kogan 13-in-1 Steam Mop User Manual
- This appliance has been designed for domestic use only. It must only be used in accordance with these instructions. Kogan.com will not be held responsible for any damage caused by improper or misuse of the appliance. Commercial use of this unit voids the warranty.
- Verify that the main voltage indicated on the product corresponds correctly with the voltage of your mains power outlet.
Rating Voltage: 220-240V, 50/60HZ, 1500W
- To provide continued protection against the risk of electric shock, connect to properly grounded outlets only.
- Never force the plug into an outlet. Kogan 13-in-1 Steam Mop User Manual
- Do not use extension cords or outlets with inadequate current carrying capacity.
- To disconnect the unit, turn the power switch to the “off” position and then remove the plug from the wall outlet.
- Do not use outdoors.
- Do not leave the unit unattended while plugged in.
- Unplug the electrical cord when not in use and before servicing.
- Do not allow the unit to be used as a toy. Close attention is necessary when used near children, pets or plants.
- Children should be supervised to ensure that they do not play with the appliance.
- This appliance is not intended for use by persons (including children) with reduced physical, sensory or mental capabilities or lack of experience and knowledge unless they are under supervision or had instruction concerning use of the appliance by a person responsible for their safety.
- Never direct steam towards people, animals or plants.
- Do not immerse the unit into water or other liquids.
- Do not use if the cord or plug is damaged. If the supply cord is damaged it must be replaced by the manufacturer or a similarly qualified person to avoid a hazard.
- Do not pull or carry by the cord, use the cord as a handle, close a door on the cord or pull the cord around sharp edges or corners.
- Keep the cord away from heated surfaces. Kogan 13-in-1 Steam Mop User Manual
- Unplug after each use. To safely unplug, grasp the plug and gently pull. Do not unplug by pulling on the cord.
- Do not handle the plug or unit with wet hands or operate without shoes.
- Do not insert any objects into openings. Do not use if any of the openings are blocked. Kogan 13-in-1 Steam Mop User Manual
- Do not use without floor cloth in place.
- Do not use without water in the water tank.
- Take extra caution when using on stairs.
- Store the unit indoors in a cool, dry area.
- Keep your work area well lit. Kogan 13-in-1 Steam Mop User Manual
- Please handle this product with care and inspect it regularly to ensure it is in good working order.
- If the product, power supply cord or plug shows any signs of damage: stop use, unplug and contact Kogan.com support.
- Never put hot water or any other liquids such as aromatic, alcoholic or detergent products into the unit water tank. This will make the operation unsafe and damage the unit.
- Always keep the output for the steam clear. Avoid placing the steam opening on soft surfaces that may block the flow of steam. Keep the openings free from lint, hair and other potential obstructions to ensure proper flow.
- Use only as directed in this manual.
- Use only manufacturer’s recommended accessories. Use of attachments not provided or sold by the manufacturer or authorised resellers may cause fire, electric shock or injury. Kogan 13-in-1 Steam Mop User Manual
- The liquid or steam should not be directed towards equipment containing electrical components, such as the interior of ovens.
- Do not expose to rain.
- Stop using the mop if there is a leakage of water and contact a qualified technician.
- Do not use the unit in enclosed spaces that are filled with flammable, explosive or toxic vapour such as paint thinner, oil-based paint or certain moth proofing substances.
- Do not use on leather, wax polished furniture or floors, unsealed hardwood or unsealed parquet floors, synthetic fabrics, velvet or other delicate steam-sensitive materials.
- Do not use for space heating purposes.
- Do not touch the hot surface.
- Do not let cord hang over the edge of table or counter or touch hot surfaces.
- Do not place on or near a hot gas or electric burner or in a heated oven.
- Do not use the appliance for other than intended use.
- Care should be taken when using appliance due to emission of steam.
- The protection system may shut off motor due to abnormal conditions (improper assembly, overheating, etc). If the motor appears dead but still warm, please set steam level to 0, turn OFF the motor, and unplug the power cord; wait until the product completely cools down (about 1 hour) before reuse.
- Remember to remove limescale every 25 times you use a full tank of water or at least once a month, especially in areas with hard water. Please follow instructions provided in the Cleaning & Care section of this user guide. Use filtered or distilled water for better steam performance.
Warning: Please make sure that the unit is unplugged from an electrical outlet. Kogan 13-in-1 Steam Mop User Manual
Attaching the Mop Head to The Main Body
- Insert the swivel joint into the designated hole in the main body and use a screw to fit tightly in place. Make sure that the mop head is securely locked in place before use.
- Insert the extensions handle into the designated opening in the main body until it gets locked into place by the extensions handle lock button.
- Insert the power supply cord into the cord holder located at the top of the extension handle as illustrated and then insert the power supply cord into the upper cord wrap.
- Place the microfiber cloth over the bottom of the mop head, ensuring that the elastic holds the cloth securely to the head. Kogan 13-in-1 Steam Mop User Manual
The hand-held steamer is an ideal portable cleaner. It is there for you to detach and use on work surfaces, kitchen countertops, sinks, bathrooms, windows, mirrors, tiles as well as spot cleaning on floor carpets and rugs. Use it with an attachment – jet nozzle – or nylon brush to spray away dirt, grease, mould and more.
How to Take Off the Hand-Held Steamer
Make sure that the unit is unplugged. Kogan 13-in-1 Steam Mop User Manual
- Remove the power supply cord from the upper cord wrap and cord holder. Turn the lower cord wrap to release the cord and remove the power supply cord from its channel.
- Unlock the button on the extension hose and take out the hand-held steamer.
Assembling the Accessories
Note: After assembly of each accessory, add water in the tank up to the MAX level by using the measuring cup. Turn the knob of the water tank to the “lock” position. Select the desired temperate from “MIN” to “MAX”.
- Insert the designated end of the extension hose into the designated hole in the main unit. Make sure that the extension hose is securely locked into place before use. Kogan 13-in-1 Steam Mop User Manual
Window Cleaning Tool
Loosen up the drawstring on the coral cloth and install the coral cloth onto the designated hooks on the window cleaning tool frame and pull up the drawstring to secure the coral cloth in place.
Note: Do not cover the squeegee blade. Make sure to hook up the coral cloth to all hooks on the cleaning tool frame so it doesn’t slip or fall from the frame during use. Kogan 13-in-1 Steam Mop User Manual
Attach the window cleaning tool to the extension hose as follows:
Aligning the lock button on the extension hose with the designated hole on the window cleaning tool frame and then push in the extension hose until it locks into place. Kogan 13-in-1 Steam Mop User Manual
Use the window cleaner tool as a garment steamer. Kogan 13-in-1 Steam Mop User Manual
- Install the microfiber cloth or the lint cloth over the window cleaning/ garment steamer tool.
- Attach the garment steaming tool to the extension hose as follows:
- Aligning the lock button on the extension hose with the designated hole on the garment steaming tool frame and then push the extensions hose until it locks into place. Kogan 13-in-1 Steam Mop User Manual
- Install the cleaning coral cloth onto the duster frame.
- Attach the duster frame to the extensions hose as follows:
- Aligning the lock button on the extension hose with the designated hole on the duster frame and then push in the extension hose until it locks into place.
Attach the main steamer to the square brush until it locks into place. Place the square cloth on the bottom of the square head and make sure all the loops on the cloth are aligned with the gripping hooks on the bottom of the square head. Kogan 13-in-1 Steam Mop User Manual
Press the two buttons on the square brush to take off the main steamer.
- To attach the straight nozzle, insert the straight nozzle into the designated hole in the extension hose until it locks into place.
- Attach the round brush by screwing it onto the straight nozzle that connected to the extension hose.
- Attach the bend nozzle by screwing it onto the straight nozzle that is connected to the extension hose.
- Unplug the power cord from the outlet.
- Allow mop pad to cool down before carefully remove cleaning cloth from the mop head, as cleaning cloth could still be hot.
- Any water remaining in the water tank should be emptied before appliance storage. Always empty the water tank at the end of each use.
- Let any water (remaining as a product of condensation) drain from the steam opening before storing the appliance.
- Wrap the power cord around the upper and lower cord wrap.
- Wipe all surfaces of the unit with a soft cloth. Store in a protected, dry area.
- Please store the unit in a cool and dry place when not in use. Do not leave it exposed to sunlight or rain.
- Upright storage of the unit with a wet mop pad may result in the formation of white marks on your floor. To remove the white marks, clean area with vinegar. Make sure to remove the mop pad before storing. Kogan 13-in-1 Steam Mop User Manual
Using the Steam Mop
Please read before use:
- The unit is designed to thoroughly clean floor surfaces such as marble, ceramic, carpet, stone, linoleum, sealed hardwood floor and parquet. Not all floor types are suitable for steam cleaning. Kogan 13-in-1 Steam Mop User Manual
- On surfaces that have been treated with wax, the wax may be removed by the heat and steam action. Does not use on unsealed flooring or let the unit stand on any wood or heat-sensitive floors for an extended period. This could cause the wood grain to rise.
- Use extra caution when using on vinyl, linoleum or any other heat sensitive floors. Too much heat can melt down the glue in the flooring. When using the appliance on the laminated floor, the laminated floor should have been laid professionally and not have any gaps or cracks in which humidity could enter.
- Test the unit on a small isolated area of your flooring before over-all use on any floor surface.
- Always check the use and care instructions of your flooring manufacturer before using the unit.
- If in doubt, please consult a specialist. Only use the carpet glider on carpeting and rugs. Use of the carpet glider on other floor surfaces will cause streaking and might scratch the surface. Kogan 13-in-1 Steam Mop User Manual
- Fill the water tank with water.
- Make sure that the unit is unplugged. Turn the water tank cap counterclockwise to the open off position and remove the cap as illustrated below.
- Hold the mop at a 45-degree angle and add water in the tank up to the MAX level by using the measuring cup. Do not overfill. The maximum tank capacity is 450ml.
- Replace the water tank cap and turn clockwise approximately 90 degrees to the “CLOSE” position until the cap is tightened securely. Kogan 13-in-1 Steam Mop User Manual
CLEANING & CARE
Warning: Be sure that the unit is disconnected from the power outlet when performing user maintenance. Do not immerse the unit in water.
Drain the remaining water in the tank and clean it after every use. Please use detergent to clean the accessories (jet nozzle and round brush) when they are dirty, then wash them with clean water and dry them in air.
How to decalcify the water tank interior
To clean calcium deposits that build up inside the water tank, add one or two tablespoons of white vinegar to a full water tank, close the water tank cap and shake the contents. Do not turn the steamer on. Let it sit for a few hours. Then, empty the water tank and refill with clean water and empty until it rinses clear. Kogan 13-in-1 Steam Mop User Manual
Cleaning procedure to remove lime scale
If your unit begins to produce steam more slowly than usual or stops producing steam you may need to remove lime scale. Lime scale can develop over time on the metal parts and greatly affect mop performance. It recommends removing lime scale on a regular basis, at least once a month, especially in areas with hard water. The frequency of lime scale removal depends on the hardness of your tap water and how often you use the steam mop. Kogan 13-in-1 Steam Mop User Manual
To remove lime scale from the unit please follow these procedures:
- Prepare a solution of 1/3 white vinegar and 2/3 tap water and add to the water tank.
- Secure the position of the unit to ensure steam released is aimed away from the floor or surrounding objects and surfaces. Plug the unit in and turn ON by pressing the power switch. Allow the unit to produce steam until the vinegar/ water solution is used up. Kogan 13-in-1 Steam Mop User Manual
- Repeat the above procedure as many times as necessary until a normal steam flow rate is achieved.
- Fill the water tank with fresh water and rinse out.
- Fill the water tank with fresh water, attach to the unit and release steam through the system until the water tank is empty.
Remember to remove limescale every 25 times you use a full tank of water or at least once a month, especially in areas with hard water. Use filtered or distilled water for better steam performance. Kogan 13-in-1 Steam Mop User Manual
Warning: To reduce the risk of fire, electric shock or injury, unplug appliance from outlet before service. Kogan 13-in-1 Steam Mop User Manual
Note: The protection system may shut off motor due to abnormal conditions (improper assembly, overheating, etc). If the motor appears dead but still warm, please set steam level to 0, turn OFF the motor, and unplug the power cord; wait until the product completely cools down (about 1 hour) before reuse Kogan 13-in-1 Steam Mop User Manual .
Need more information?
We hope that this user guide has given you
the assistance needed for a simple set-up.
For the most up-to-date guide for your product,
as well as any additional assistance you may require,
head online to help.kogan.com
Kogan 13-in-1 Steam Mop User Manual PDF Download