BOSCH WSHP FL Water Source Heat Pump User Manual
This limited warranty is provided by Bosch Terotechnology Corp. (“BTC”) and covers Bosch Water Source Heat Pumps WQ Series and SV Series (hereinafter referred to as “Heat Pump”). This warranty is provided for the Heat Pump as long as the Heat Pump remains installed at its original place of installation, and is installed within the state of Florida.
BTC can better serve its customers if they register the product for warranty coverage. For this warranty to be valid the Heat Pump must be registered by a licensed contractor within 60 days of the Commencement Date.
Non ABC Installers Limited Warranty BTC warrants that all internal components incorporated into the Heat Pump at the time of shipment by BTC shall remain free from defects in workmanship and materials for five (5) years from the shorter of i) proof of certificate of occupancy date or ii) proof of certified startup date or iii) date of manufacture if proof of occupancy or start up is not available, provided it is installed and properly maintained by a qualified and trained HVAC contractor and the other conditions of this warranty are met. If BTC determines that the Heat Pump or any part of the Heat Pump has a defect in workmanship or materials, BTC, at its option, will repair or replace, including labor charges at BTC approved rates, the defective part. The labor reimbursement amount shall be in accordance with the Warranty Labor Allowance Schedule for Water Source Heat Pumps.
ABC Installer Limited Warranty
BTC warrants that all internal components incorporated into the Heat Pump at the time of shipment by BTC shall remain free from defects in workmanship and materials for six (6) years from the shorter of i) proof of certificate of occupancy date or ii) proof of certified startup date or iii) date of manufacture if proof of occupancy or start up is not available, provided it is installed and properly maintained by a qualified and trained HVAC contractor and the other conditions of this warranty are met. If BTC determines that the Heat Pump or any part of the Heat Pump has a defect in workmanship or materials, BTC, at its option, will repair or replace, including labor charges at BTC approved rates, the defective part. The labor reimbursement amount shall be in accordance with the Warranty Labor Allowance Schedule for Water Source Heat Pumps.
HEAT PUMP SYSTEM ACCESSORIES
The Heat Pump may be delivered with BTC supplied accessories and components which have not been incorporated into the Heat Pump at the time of shipment (“Other Components”). Unless otherwise stated, such Other Components are warranted by BTC to be free from defects in workmanship and material for one year from proof or certificate of occupancy date or proof of certified startup date up to a maximum of 18 months from date of shipment, provided they are installed and properly maintained by a qualified and trained HVAC contractor and the other conditions of this warranty are met. If a defect exists in the Other Components, BTC will repair or replace them if BTC determines that a defect in workmanship or materials exists. In addition, such Other Components may be warranted by the Manufacturer. You must contact the Manufacturer of the Other Components for matters relating to their Warranty.
ITEMS NOT COVERED
This limited warranty does not cover the following circumstances:
- Heat Pumps installed in a building other than a one or two family residential dwelling, unless individual Heat Pumps are installed for each dwelling unit.
- Components or parts not provided by BTC.
- Components or parts, on which the tags or nameplates have been removed, altered or defaced.
- Scratches in or discoloration of finishes.
- Serviceable items and normal maintenance as required per the Installation and Maintenance Manual.
- The workmanship of any installer. BTC disclaims and does not assume any liability of any nature for unsatisfactory performance caused by improper installation, repair or maintenance.
- Any labor or material costs for removal, reinstallation, repair and replacement of the defective component or part.
- Electricity or fuel costs, or any increases or unrealized savings in same, for any reason whatsoever.
- Damage caused by excessive temperatures or pressures, fuel or gas explosion, electrochemical reaction, water and air impurities, electrical failures, use during construction, flooding or acts of God.
- Any damage or failure resulting from the introduction of harmful chemicals, caustic fluids, or liquids detrimental to any unit component, including but not limited to improperly applied or maintained heat transfer fluids or chlorinated pool or spa water.
- Any damage or failure resulting from improper unit sizing.
- Except as set forth above related to Other Components, components of the Heat Pump system that are part of the Heat Pump system into which the Heat Pump is incorporated that are not BTC products are not covered by this warranty and are limited to the warranty of the manufacturer of such components. In order to file a claim for warranty you should contact the respective manufacturer.
- Expedited shipping charges, delivery expenses or administrative fees incurred by the purchaser in repairing or replacing the Heat Pump.
- Heat Pumps installed in states other than Florida.
CONDITIONS OF WARRANTY
The warranty herein is void under the following circumstances:
- Failure or malfunction resulting from improper or negligent operation, accident, abuse, freezing, electrical imbalance characteristics, misuse, unauthorized alteration, incorrect electrical supply, electrical surges, or improper installation, repair or maintenance. See the Installation and Maintenance Manual for installation, operation and maintenance information.
- Failure or malfunction resulting from any conditions within the structure, including mold and/or mildew and/or any chemical or toxin secreted there from or damage resulting from mold, fungus or bacteria.
- Failure or malfunction resulting from a contaminated or corrosive air or liquid supply, the addition of unapproved chemicals, operation at abnormal temperatures, pressures or flow rates, opening of the refrigerant circuit by unqualified personnel or any attachment, accessory or component not authorized and approved by BTC. See the Installation and Maintenance Manual for installation, operation and maintenance information.
- Failure or malfunction due to misapplication or faulty building design or construction, including inadequate refrigerant levels, condensate drain, duct work design or installation.
- Products on which payment to BTC is or has been in default.
- Work performed without prior authorization or approval and without authorization/requisition number and without proper documentation verifying compliance with above terms.
- Complete unit replacements are not covered under the BTC limited warranty provided the unit can be field serviced and/or repaired. BTC will provide parts and offer technical assistance to assure proper operation of the heat pump.
OTHER THAN THE OBLIGATIONS OF BTC EXPRESSLY SET FORTH HEREIN, BTC DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO ANY IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. BTC’S SOLE OBLIGATION WITH RESPECT TO THE HEAT PUMP AND PURCHASER’S EXCLUSIVE REMEDIES ARE SET FORTH IN THE FOREGOING LIMITED WARRANTY. BTC SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY INDIRECT, PUNITIVE, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR SIMILAR DAMAGES INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, INJURY OR DAMAGE TO PERSONS OR PROPERTY OR DAMAGES FOR LOSS OF USE, LOST PROFITS, INCONVENIENCE OR LOSS OF TIME.
NOTE THAT ANY REPAIRED OR REPLACED PRODUCT WILL BE WARRANTED FOR ONLY THE UNEXPIRED TERM OF THE ORIGINAL WARRANTY.
THIS WARRANTY APPLIES ONLY TO PRODUCTS PURCHASED, DELIVERED AND USED WITHIN THE STATE OF FLORIDA.
WARRANTY CLAIMS PROCESS
If you have a warranty claim you should notify the contractor who installed your Heat Pump and ask that the contractor notify the distributor from whom the contractor purchased the Heat Pump. If this action is not possible or you don’t receive a response, contact Bosch Thermotechnology Corp., 50 Wentworth Avenue, Londonderry, NH 03053. Phone: 1-800-283-3787. To process your claim, you will need a copy of your original invoice or other proof of purchase, the product serial number and documentation showing the original installation date and location. The alleged defective components or parts must be returned to BTC in accordance with BTC procedure then in force for handling goods returned for the purpose of inspection to determine cause of failure (contact BTC if you have questions regarding the return process). If BTC determines that the returned components and/or parts are defective and that this warranty applies, BTC will furnish the repaired or replacement components and/or parts to an authorized BTC distributor who, in turn, will forward the components and/or parts to the contractor who installed your Heat Pump. Bosch authorized distributors can file warranty claims at www.boschprohvac.com.
Some states do not allow the exclusion of limitation of damages, or limitations on how long an implied warranty lasts, so the above limitations and exclusions may not apply to you.
EFFECTIVE DATE: July 1, 2022
Bosch Thermotechnology Corp.
Tel: 1-800-283-3787 Fax: 1-603-965-7581