Cub Cadet 42 INCH MULCH KIT User Manual
42 INCH MULCH KIT INSTRUCTIONS
Please read the operator’s manual carefully and ensure you understand the instructions. The instructions will enable you to assemble and maintain your tractor properly. Always observe the “SAFETY RULES”.
⚠ CAUTION: Do not remove deflector shield from mower. Raise and hold shield when attaching mulch cover and allow it to rest on cover while in operation.
INSTALL MULCHER PLATE (See Fig. 1)
- Raise and hold deflector shield (1) in upright position.
- Place mulcher plate (2) on mower and position plate over mower opening as shown.
- Using supplied knob handles (3) and carriage bolts, secure mulch plate to mower deck as shown.
- Tighten knob handles securely.
TO CONVERT TO BAGGING OR DISCHARGING Remove mulcher plate, knob handles and bolts, and store in a safe place. Change blades back to discharge/bagging blades. Your mower is now ready for discharging or installation of optional grass catcher accessory.
BLADE REMOVAL (See Fig. 2)
- Raise mower to highest position to allow access to blades.
NOTE: Protect your hands with gloves and/or wrap blade with heavy cloth.
- Remove blade bolt (4) by turning counter clockwise.
- Install mulch blades (5) with stamped “THIS SIDE UP” facing up towards mower, or, blades stamped with “GRASS SIDE” facing down towards grass.
IMPORTANT: TO ENSURE PROPER ASSEMBLY, CENTER HOLE (6) IN BLADE MUST ALIGN WITH STAR (7) ON MANDREL ASSEMBLY (8).
- Install and tighten blade bolt securely (45-55 Ft. Lbs./ 62-75 Nm).
IMPORTANT: SPECIAL BLADE BOLT IS HEAT TREATED.
MULCHING MOWING TIPS
IMPORTANT: FOR BEST PERFORMANCE, KEEP MOWER HOUSING FREE OF BUILT-UP GRASS AND TRASH. CLEAN AFTER EACH USE.
- The special mulching blade will recut the grass clippings many times and reduce them in size so that as they fall onto the lawn they will disperse into the grass and not be noticed. Also, the mulched grass will biodegrade quickly to provide nutrients for the lawn. Always mulch with your highest engine (blade) speed as this will provide the best rebutting action of the blades.
- Avoid cutting your lawn when it is wet. Wet grass tends to form clumps and interferes with the mulching action. The best time to mow your lawn is the early afternoon. At this time the grass has dried, yet the newly cut area will not be exposed to direct sunlight.
- For best results, adjust the mower cutting height so that the mower cuts off only the top one-third of the grass blades (See Fig. 3). For extremely heavy mulching, reduce your width of cut on each pass and mow slowly.
- Certain types of grass and grass conditions may require that an area be mulched a second time to completely hide the clippings. When doing a second cut, mow across (perpendicular) to the first cut path.
- Change your cutting pattern from week to week. Mow north to south one week then change to east to west the next week. This will help prevent matting and graining of the lawn.
|KEY NO.||PART NO.||DESCRIPTION|
|3||532178899||Knob Handle 3/8-16 Tri Lobe|
|4||872140608||Carriage Bolt 3/8-16 x 1|
NOTE: All component dimensions given in U.S. inches 1 inch = 25.4 mm