CUSTOMERCARES AF9103 Copper Chef AirFryer User Manual
When using electrical appliances, basic safety precautions should always be followed. Do not use the Copper Chef AirFryer until you have read this manual thoroughly.
Visit TristarCares.com for tutorial videos, product details, and more. Guarantee Information Inside
Copper Chef AirFryer
BEFORE YOU BEGIN
The Copper Chef AirFryer will provide you many years of delicious family meals and memories around the dinner table. But before you begin, it’s very important that you read this entire manual, making certain that you are totally familiar with this appliance’s operation and precautions.
PREVENT INJURIES! CAREFULLY READ ALL INSTRUCTIONS BEFORE USE!
When using electrical appliances, always follow these basic safety precautions.
- READ AND FOLLOW all instructions carefully.
- NEVER immerse the Main Unit Housing, which contains electrical components and heating elements, in water. Do not rinse under the tap.
- THIS APPLIANCE IS NOT INTENDED FOR use by persons with reduced physical, sensory, or mental capabilities or lack of experience and knowledge unless they are under the supervision of a responsible person or have been given proper instruction in using the appliance. This appliance is not intended for use by children.
- TO AVOID ELECTRICAL SHOCK, do not put liquid of any kind into the Main Unit Housing containing the electrical components.
- THIS APPLIANCE HAS A POLARIZED PLUG (one blade is wider than the other). To reduce the risk of electric shock, this plug is intended to fit into a polarized outlet only one way. If the plug does not fit fully into the outlet, reverse the plug. If it still does not fit, contact a qualified electrician. Do not attempt to modify the plug in any way.
- MAKE SURE the appliance is plugged into a wall socket. Always make sure that the plug is inserted into the wall socket properly.
- DO NOT place the Unit on the stove top. Place on a flat, horizontal surface with adequate space for air flow. Do not place walls, cabinets, other appliances, or any other objects within 5 in. of the Unit.
- PLEASE DO NOT place your Copper Chef AirFryer on a hot cooktop because it could cause a fire or damage the Copper Chef AirFryer, your cooktop, and your home.
- Before using your new Copper Chef AirFryer on any countertop surface, check with your countertop manufacturer or installer for recommendations about using appliances on your surfaces. Some manufacturers and installers may recommend protecting your surface by placing a hot pad or trivet under the Copper Chef AirFryer IMPORTANT SAFEGUARDS for heat protection. Your manufacturer or installer may recommend that hot pans, pots, or electrical appliances should not be used directly on top of the countertop. If you are unsure, place a trivet or hot pad under the Copper Chef AirFryer before using it.
- TO PREVENT food contact with the heating elements, do not overfill.
- DO NOT cover the Air Intake Vent or Hot Air Outlet Vent while the Copper Chef AirFryer is operating. Doing so will prevent even cooking and may damage the Unit or cause it to overheat.
- NEVER pour oil into the Outer Basket. Fire and personal injury could result.
- WHILE COOKING, the internal temperature of the Unit reaches several hundred degrees F. To avoid personal injury, never place hands inside the Unit unless it is thoroughly cooled down.
- DO NOT use this Unit if the plug, the power cord, or the appliance itself is damaged in any way.
- IF THE POWER CORD IS DAMAGED, you must have it replaced by Tristar, its service agent, or a similarly qualified person in order to avoid hazard.
- KEEP the appliance and its power cord out of the reach of children when it is in operation or in the cooling down process.
- KEEP the power cord away from hot surfaces. Do not plug in the power cord or operate the Unit controls with wet hands.
- NEVER connect this appliance to an external timer switch or separate remote-control system.
- NEVER use this appliance with an extension cord of any kind. A short power-supply cord (or detachable power supply cord) is provided to reduce the risk of becoming entangled in or tripping over a longer cord.
- DO NOT operate the appliance on or near combustible materials, such as tablecloths, paper towels, or curtains.
- WHEN COOKING, do not place the appliance against walls, cabinets, other appliances, or any other objects. Leave at least 5 in. free space on the back and sides and above the appliance. Do not place anything on top of the appliance.
- DO NOT USE the Copper Chef AirFryer for any purpose other than described in this manual.
- NEVER operate the appliance unattended.
- WHEN IN OPERATION, hot steam is released through the Hot Air Outlet Vent. Keep your hands and face at a safe distance from the Hot Air Outlet Vent. Also avoid the hot steam and air while removing the Outer Basket and Fry Tray from the appliance.
- THE UNIT’S OUTER SURFACES may become hot during use. The Outer Basket and Fry Tray will be hot. Wear oven mitts when handling hot components or touching hot surfaces.
- SHOULD THE UNIT EMIT BLACK SMOKE, unplug immediately and wait for smoking to stop. Allow the Unit to cool and wipe out excess oil and grease from the Unit.
For California Residents
This product can expose you to Bisphenol A, which is known to the State of California to cause birth defects or other reproductive harm. For more information, go to www.P65Warnings.ca.gov.
SAVE THESE INSTRUCTIONS – FOR HOUSEHOLD USE ONLY
- Always operate the appliance on a horizontal surface that is level, stable, and noncombustible.
- This appliance is intended for normal household use only. It is not intended for use in commercial or retail environments.
- If the Copper Chef AirFryer is used improperly or for professional or semi-professional purposes or if it is not used according to the instructions in the user manual, the guarantee becomes invalid and Tristar will not be held liable for damages.
- Always unplug the appliance after use.
- When the cooking time has completed, cooking will stop and the fan will continue running for 10 secs. -to cool down the Unit.
- Let the appliance cool down for approximately 30 mins. before handling, cleaning, or storing.
- The Copper Chef AirFryer is equipped with an internal microswitch that automatically shuts down the fan and heating element when the Outer Basket is removed.
Should the inner temperature control system fail, the overheating protection system will be activated and the Unit will not function. Should this happen, unplug the Unit. Allow time for the Unit to cool completely before restarting or storing.
The Unit has a built-in shutoff device that will automatically shut off the Unit when the cooking time has completed. You can manually switch off the Unit by turning the Time Control Knob to 0.
The unit should be operated on a dedicated electrical outlet. If the electrical outlet is being used by other appliances, your new Unit may not operate properly.
This appliance complies with all standards regarding electromagnetic fields. If handled properly and according to the instructions in this user manual, the appliance is safe to use based on scientific evidence available today.
Parts & Accessories
- FRY TRAY
- OUTER BASKET
- EASY-GRIP HANDLE
- MAIN UNIT HOUSING
- AIR INLET VENT
- CONTROL PANEL
- HOT AIR OUTLET VENT
- POWER CABLE
NOTE: Unpack all listed contents from the packaging. Contents vary by model. Please remove any clear or blue protective film on the components before use.
CAUTION: Unit may be hot. Be careful not to touch the Unit while in use. Keep the Unit away from other objects.
IMPORTANT: Please make sure that your Copper Chef AirFryer has been shipped with the components that you ordered (some accessories may be sold separately). Check everything carefully before use. If any part is missing or damaged, do not use this product. Contact Tristar using the customer service number located on the back of this manual.
Using The Control Panel
- Operating Light
The green Operating Light turns on once you turn the dial and turns off when reaching set temperature.
- Power Indicator Light
The red Power Indicator Light turns on once the Unit is plugged in and stays on until you unplug the Unit.
- Time Control Knob
Use the Time Control Knob to set the cooking time (0–60 min.). Setting the cooking time will begin the cooking process.
- Temperature Control Knob
Use the Temperature Control Knob to set the cooking temperature (180° F–400° F).
Once you are familiar with the Unit, you may want to experiment with your own recipes. Simply choose the time and temperature that suits your personal taste.
|Food Cook Times||Temperature||Time|
|French Fries||400° F (204° C)||15–20 mins.|
|Shrimp||330° F (166° C)||8–12 mins.|
|Cake||310° F (154° C)||20–30 mins.|
|Chicken||360° F (182° C)||20–25 mins.|
|Steak||400° F (204° C)||8–12 mins.|
|Fish||350° F (177° C)||10–15 mins.|
Instructions for Use
Before First Use
- Remove all the packaging material.
- Remove any stickers or labels from the Unit.
- Before initial use, wipe the inside and outside of the Unit with a warm, moist cloth and mild detergent. Handwash all cooking accessories.
- Before cooking food, preheat the Copper Chef AirFryer for a few minutes to allow the Unit to burn off the protective coating of oil. Wipe the Unit with warm, soapy water and a washcloth after this burn-in cycle.
- Place the Unit on a stable, horizontal, and level surface. Do not place the Unit on a surface that is not heat resistant. Ensure that the Unit is used in an area with good air circulation and away from hot surfaces and any combustible materials. Do not place on the stove top.
- Place the Fry Tray in the Outer Basket. Slide the Outer Basket into the Unit. If the Basket is placed properly, it will click into place.
- The Copper Chef AirFryer cooks using hot air. Do not fill the Outer Basket with oil or frying fat.
- Do not put anything on top of the Unit. This disrupts the airflow and affects the cooking results.
Using the Copper Chef AirFryer
- Plug the Unit into a grounded wall socket. The Red light will turn on.
- Place the Fry Tray in the Outer Basket and push down until the Fry Tray clicks into place. Never use the Outer Basket without the Fry Tray in place.
- Place the ingredients in the basket. Never fill the basket above the maximum fill line as this could affect the quality of the end result or interfere with the electric heating coils.
- Insert the Outer Basket into the Unit. When the Outer Basket and food is securely in place, use the Temperature Control Knob to set the cooking temperature.
- Use the Time Control Knob to set the cooking time.
- The Operating Light will turn green and the cooking process will automatically begin. When the cooking process is complete, the Unit will automatically shut off.
- If the food is fully cooked, use tongs to remove the food. If the food is not fully cooked, simply slide the Outer Basket back into the Unit and add a few minutes to the cooking time.
CAUTION: When removing food,
DO NOT turn the Outer Basket upside down because any excess oil that has collected on the bottom of the basket will leak onto the ingredients.
- The Unit is instantly ready for preparing more food.
To ensure even cooking, some foods require shaking during the cooking process.
CAUTION: The Outer Basket will be hot.
Wear an oven mitt during this procedure.
- Remove the Outer Basket from the Unit.
- Shake the ingredients in the Outer Basket.
- Insert the Outer Basket into the Unit.
- If the Outer Basket was removed from the Unit for more than a few seconds, use the Time Control Knob to add more time to the cooking process (the cooking time continues to count down while the Outer Basket is removed from the Unit).
- Foods that are smaller in size usually require a slightly shorter cooking time than larger foods.
- Large quantities of food only require a longer cooking time than smaller quantities.
- Shaking smaller-sized foods halfway through the cooking process ensures that all the pieces are fried evenly.
- Adding a bit of vegetable oil to fresh potatoes is suggested for a crispier result. When adding oil, do so just before cooking and add only a small amount onto the potato.
- Snacks normally cooked in an oven can also be cooked in the Copper Chef AirFryer.
- Use premade dough to prepare filled snacks quickly and easily. Premade dough also requires a shorter cooking time than homemade dough.
- You can use the Copper Chef AirFryer to reheat foods. Simply set the temperature and time to however warm you want your food.
Keep in mind that these settings are guidelines. Since ingredients differ in origin, size, shape, and brand, we cannot guarantee the best settings for your ingredients.
|The Copper Chef AirFryer does not work||The appliance is not plugged in.||Plug the Power Cable into a wall socket.|
|The unit may not be turned on. Check to see that you|
have set both the preparation time and temperature.
|Set the cooking time and temperature.|
The cooking process will begin once the cooking time has been set.
|You have probably turned off the Unit. If the Outer Basket is removed during the cooking process, the Auto-Shutoff mode will trigger.||Set the cooking time and temperature and ensure that the Outer Basket is fully inserted into the Unit.|
|Food is not cooked||The Outer Basket is overloaded.||Use smaller batches for more even frying.|
|The temperature is set too low.||Raise the temperature and continue cooking.|
|Food is not fried evenly||Some foods need to be shaken during the cooking process.||See Shaking in Instructions for Use, p. 11.|
|Outer Basket will not slide into Unit properly||The Outer Basket is overloaded.||Do not fill the basket above the|
|The Fry Tray is not placed in the Outer Basket correctly||Gently push the Fry Tray into the Outer Basket until it clicks.|
|White smoke coming from Unit||Too much oil is being used.||Wipe down to remove any excess oil.|
|The Outer Basket has grease residue from a previous operation.||Clean the Outer Basket after each use.|
|French fries are not fried evenly||Potato not prepped properly||Consult recipe for potato type & preparation instructions|
|Fries are not cut evenly.||Cut the fries thinner or reshape them.|
|Fries are too crowded.||Spread fries out or cook smaller batch.|
|Potatoes not rinsed properly during preparation.||Pat dry to remove excess starch.|
|Fries are not crispy||Raw fries have too much water.||Dry potato sticks properly before misting them with oil.
Cut sticks smaller.
Add a bit more oil.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Can I prepare foods other than fried dishes with my
Copper Chef AirFryer?
You can prepare a variety of dishes, including steaks, chops, burgers, and baked goods. See the Copper Chef
AirFryer Recipe Guide.
2. Is the Copper Chef AirFryer good for making or
reheating soups and sauces?
Never cook or reheat liquids in the Copper Chef AirFryer.
3. Is it possible to shut off the Unit at any time?
Turn the Time Control Knob to 0 to shut off the Unit.
4. What do I do if the Unit shuts off while cooking?
As a safety feature, the Copper Chef AirFryer has an Auto-Shutoff device that prevents damage from overheating. Remove the Outer Basket and set it on a heat resistant surface. Allow the Unit to cool down. Remove the Power Cable from the outlet. Once cool, plug the Power Cable back into the socket. Restart by inserting the Outer Basket into the Unit and setting the cooking time.
5. Does the Unit need time to heat up?
If you are cooking from a cold start, add 3 mins. to the cooking time to compensate.
6. Can I check the food during the cooking process?
You can remove the Outer Basket at any time while cooking is in progress. During this time, you can shake the contents in the Outer Basket if needed to ensure even cooking.
7. Is the Copper Chef AirFryer dishwasher safe?
Only the Fry Tray is dishwasher safe. The Unit itself, which contains the heating coil and electronics, should never be submerged in liquid of any kind or cleaned with anything more than a warm, moist cloth or nonabrasive sponge with a small amount of mild detergent.
8. What happens if the Unit still does not work after I have
tried all the troubleshooting suggestions?
Never attempt a home repair. Contact Tristar and follow the procedures set forth by the guarantee. Failure to do so
could render your guarantee null and void.
Clean the Copper Chef AirFryer after each use. The Outer Basket and the Fry Tray are coated with a special nonstick surface. Never use abrasive cleaning materials or utensils on these surfaces.
- Remove the Power Cable from the wall socket and be certain the appliance is thoroughly cooled before cleaning.
- Wipe the outside of the appliance with a warm, moist cloth and mild detergent.
- Clean the Outer Basket and the Fry Tray with hot water, a mild detergent, and a nonabrasive sponge.
NOTE: The Fry Tray is dishwasher safe.
TIP: Should the Fry Tray contain difficult-to-remove food particles, soak in hot, soapy water for 10 mins.
- Clean the inside of the appliance with hot water, a mild detergent, and a nonabrasive sponge.
- If necessary, remove unwanted food residue from the heating element with a soft cleaning brush.
- Unplug the appliance and let it cool down thoroughly.
- Make sure all components are clean and dry.
- Place the appliance in a clean, dry place.
60-Day Money-Back Guarantee
If you decide that you don’t love this product, your order is covered by our 60-Day Money Back Guarantee. You have 60 days from the day you receive your product to request a replacement product or refund of the purchase price minus processing and handling fees.
To receive a refund or replacement, you must return the product to us at your expense. To return the product, call customer service at 1-973-287-5129 and request a return merchandise authorization number. Pack the product carefully and include in the package a note with (1) your name, (2) mailing address, (3) phone number, (4) email address, (5) reason for return, and (6) proof of purchase or order number, and (7) specify on the note whether you are requesting a refund or replacement. Write the return merchandise authorization number on the outside of the package.
Send the product to the following return address:
Copper Chef AirFryer
500 Returns Road
Wallingford, CT 06495
We are very proud of the design and quality of our Copper Chef AirFryer.
This product has been manufactured to the highest standards.
Should you have any questions, our friendly customer service staff is here to help you.
Call us at 1-973-287-5129 or visit us
Download Manual PDF
CUSTOMERCARES AF9103 Copper Chef AirFryer
User Manual PDF Download