CUSTOMERCARES DZEL24-01 Emeril Lagasse Dual-Zone
AirFryer Oven™ User Manual
|Model Number||Supply Power||Rated Power||External Dimensions||Internal Dimensions||Temperature Range||Power Cord Length|
|DZEL24-01||120V ~60Hz||1750W||17.72 x 15.94 x 14.17 inches
(450 x 405 x 360 mm)
|14.17 x 13.18 x 7.87 inches
(360 x 335 x 200 mm)
|85° F–450° F||3 feet (0.9 m)|
PREVENT INJURIES! CAREFULLY READ ALL INSTRUCTIONS BEFORE USE!
When using electrical appliances, basic safety precautions should be followed, including the following:
- READ ALL INSTRUCTIONS.
- Do not touch hot surfaces. Use handles or knobs.
- To protect against electrical shock, do not immerse the cord, plug, or the main body of the appliance or expose the electrical components to water or other liquid.
- Close supervision is necessary when any appliance is used by or near children.
- Unplug the appliance from the electrical outlet when not in use and before cleaning. Allow to cool before handling, putting on or taking off parts, cleaning, or storing.
- Do not operate any appliance if it has a damaged cord or plug, if it is not working properly, or if it has been damaged or dropped. Return the appliance to an authorized service facility for examination, repair, or adjustment.
- The use of accessory attachments not recommended for use in this manual may cause injuries.
- Do not use outdoors
- Do not let the power cord hang over the edge of a table or counter or touch hot surfaces.
- Do not place on or near a hot gas or electric burner or in a heated oven.
- Extreme caution must be used when moving an appliance containing hot oil or other hot liquids, removing accessories, or disposing of hot grease.
- Always make sure the plug is attached to the appliance first. Then, plug the cord into a wall outlet. To disconnect, turn any control to “off” and then remove the plug from the outlet.
- Do not use this appliance for anything other than its intended use.
- A short power-supply cord is used to reduce the risk resulting from the cord being grabbed by children or becoming entangled in or tripping over a longer cord.
- WARNING: Spilled food can cause serious burns. Keep the appliance and the power cord away from children. Never drape the cord over the edge of the counter, never use an outlet below the counter, and never use with an extension cord.
- A fire may occur if this appliance is covered by or touching flammable material, including curtains, draperies, walls, and the like, when in operation. Do not store anything on top of the appliance when in operation.
- Do not clean with metal scouring pads. Pieces can break off the pad and touch electrical parts, creating risks of electric shock.
- Extreme caution should be exercised when using containers constructed from materials other than metal or glass.
- Do not store any materials other than accessories included in this manual in this appliance when not in use.
- Do not place your appliance on a cooktop, even if the cooktop is cool, because you could accidentally turn the cooktop on, causing a fire, damaging the appliance, your cooktop, and your home.
- This appliance is intended for countertop use only.
- Do not place or use this appliance near water.
- When cooking, do not place the appliance against a wall or within 6 inches of other appliances. Do not place anything on top of the appliance. Always operate the appliance on a horizontal surface that is level, stable, and noncombustible.
- Before using your appliance on any countertop surface or other fragile surface, such as a glass tabletop, check with your countertop manufacturer or installer for recommendations about using appliances on your surfaces. Some manufacturers and installers may recommend protecting your surface by placing a hot pad or trivet under the appliance for heat protection. Your manufacturer or installer may recommend that hot pans, pots, or electrical appliances should not be used directly on top of the countertop. If you are unsure, place a trivet or hot pad under the appliance before using it.
- This appliance has a polarized plug (one blade is wider than the other). To reduce the risk of electric shock, this plug is intended to fit into a polarized outlet only one way. If the plug does not fit fully into the outlet, reverse the plug. If it still does not fit, contact a qualified electrician. Do not attempt to modify the plug in any way.
- Plug the power cord into a 120V outlet with no other appliances on the same outlet. Plugging other appliances into the outlet will cause the circuit to overload.
- Never tug the plug forcefully from the wall outlet.
- Do not plug in the power cord or operate the appliance controls with wet hands.
- Never plug the appliance into an electrical outlet below the surface where the appliance is placed.
- Never operate the appliance unattended.
- Should the appliance emit black smoke, unplug immediately and wait for the smoking to stop before handling the appliance. Allow the appliance to cool and wipe excess oil and grease from the appliance.
- Avoid touching moving parts.
- When in operation, hot air and steam are released through the air vents. Keep your hands and face at a safe distance from the air vents. Do not cover the air vents while the appliance is operating. Doing so will prevent even cooking and may overheat or damage the appliance.
- While cooking, the internal temperature of the appliance reaches several hundred degrees Fahrenheit. To avoid personal injury, never place your hands inside the appliance unless it is thoroughly cooled.
- The appliance’s outer surfaces and accessories may become hot during use. Wear oven mitts when handling the appliance during and after use, and to protect against hot steam and air released when opening the appliance.
- Do not overfill the appliance.
- Do not place any of the following materials in the appliance: paper, cardboard, plastic.
- Never pour oil into the appliance or accessories. Fire and personal injury could result. This appliance is not intended for deep-frying foods.
- Do not expose the appliance to corrosive chemicals or vapors.
- This appliance is for home use only. If the appliance is used improperly or for professional or semi-professional purposes or if it is not used according to the instructions in the user manual, the guarantee becomes invalid and Empower Brands, LLC will not be held liable for damages.
- Never connect this appliance to an external timer switch or separate remote-control system.
- Never operate the appliance with the doors open. Do not leave the doors open for an extended period.
- Always ensure that nothing is protruding out of the appliance before closing the doors.
- Always close the doors gently; never slam the doors closed. Always use the handle when opening and closing the doors.
- The appliance must be operated with the Drip Tray in place, and the Drip Tray must be cleaned if it becomes more than half full.
- Never put accessories directly on the top of the lower heating elements.
This appliance should be operated on a dedicated electrical outlet. If the electrical outlet is overloaded with other appliances, your new appliance may not operate properly.
The appliance has a built-in shut-off device that will automatically shut off the appliance when the cooking time has completed. You can manually switch off the appliance by pressing the Cancel Button. The fan will continue running for 30 seconds to cool down the appliance.
Should the inner temperature control system fail, the overheating protection system will be activated and the appliance will not function. Should this happen, unplug the appliance. Allow time for the appliance to cool completely before restarting or storing.
This appliance complies with all standards regarding electromagnetic fields. If handled properly and according to the instructions in the user manual, the appliance is safe to use based on scientific evidence available today.
|⚠️WARNING: For California Residents
This product can expose you to chemicals including Di(2-ethylhexyl)phthalate, which is known to the State of California to cause cancer and birth defects or other reproductive harm. For more information, go to www.P65Warnings.ca.gov.
SAVE THESE INSTRUCTIONS – FOR HOUSEHOLD USE ONLY
Parts & Accessories
Using the Drip Tray
- Slide the Drip Tray into the bottom of the inside of the appliance (below the heating elements; see Fig. A).
- Never operate the appliance without the Drip Tray in place.
- If the Drip Tray becomes more than half full, pause the cooking process and clean the Drip Tray before continuing.
- To remove, use oven mitts to pull the Drip Tray straight out of the appliance.
Using the Divider
- To insert the Divider into the appliance, slide the Divider onto the rail inside the appliance (see Figs. B). Ensure that the indentation in the Divider is facing upward. Push the Divider all the way into the appliance.
- The Divider must be inserted into the appliance to use the dual-zone cooking mode. Remove the Divider to use the appliance’s single-zone cooking mode.
- To remove, use oven mitts to pull the Divider straight out of the appliance.
Using the Crisper Tray, Oven Rack, and Baking Pan
- The Divider must be in place when using the smaller Crisper Tray and Baking Pan accessories.
- The Divider must not be in place when using the larger Crisper Tray, Oven Rack, and Baking Pan accessories.
- Select a shelf for your chosen accessory and cooking mode. You can use the markings on the appliance’s doors to help you select the ideal shelf position.
- Slide your chosen accessory into a shelf inside the appliance (see Figs. C–D).
- To remove, use oven mitts to pull the accessory straight out of the appliance.
- When cooking food that drips, the Baking Pan can be placed below the Crisper Tray or Oven Rack to prevent food from dripping onto the lower heating elements.
Using the Rotisserie Set
- If the Divider is inside the appliance, remove the Divider. Do not use the Divider when using the Rotisserie Set.
- Carefully slide the Rotisserie Shaft through the center of the food lengthwise.
- Slide the Forks onto each side of the Spit and secure them in place by tightening the two Set Screws. To support the food on the Rotisserie Spit better, insert the Rotisserie Forks into the food at different angles (see Fig. E).
- Hold the assembled Rotisserie Spit at a slight angle with the left side higher than the right side and insert the right side of the Spit into the Rotisserie connection inside the appliance (see Fig. F).
- With the right side securely in place, lower the left side of the Spit into the Rotisserie connection on the left side of the appliance (see Fig. G).
Removing the Rotisserie Spit
- Use the Rotisserie Fetch Tool to hook the bottom of the left and right sides of the Rotisserie Spit (see Fig. H).
- Pull the Rotisserie Spit away from the left rotisserie connection point and then lift the Spit upward to remove and disconnect the Spit from both connection points.
- Carefully pull the Rotisserie Spit out of the appliance.
The Control Panel
- Control Knobs: Press once and turn to adjust the cooking temperature. Press again and turn to adjust the cooking time. See the “General Operating Instructions” section for detailed instructions.
- Cancel Buttons: Press to cancel an active cooking process.
- Start/Pause Buttons: Press to start or pause the cooking process.
- Fan Buttons: Press to set the appliance’s fan setting to High, Low, or Off.
- Sync Button: Press to use the appliance’s sync feature. See the “Using the Sync Button” section for detailed instructions.
- Mute Button: Press to mute the sounds produced when operating the appliance, such as when pressing buttons and when the cooking cycle is complete. When the appliance is muted, press to unmute the appliance.
- Light Button: Press to turn the light inside the appliance on or off.
- Shake Indicator Button: Press to use the appliance’s shake indicator feature. See the “Using the Shake Indicator” for detailed instructions.
- Temperature Displays
- Cooking Time Displays
- Shake Indicator Displays
- Fan Displays
- Heating Element Displays
- Sync Display
- Pause Display
- Cooking Function Display
- Mute Display
NOTE: When the Divider is removed from the appliance and the appliance is operating in single-zone cooking mode, the displays relating to the appliance’s dual-zone operation on the right side of the Control Panel are hidden.
|Cooking Function Information|
|Function Name||Default Cooking Temperature (Temperature Range)||Default Cooking Time (Time Range)||Default Fan Speed||Active Heating Elements||Preheating Included in Cooking Time|
|Air Fry||400° F (180° F–450° F)||20 minutes (1–60 minutes)||High||Upper||No|
|Roast||350° F (180° F–450° F)||35 minutes (1 minute–4 hours)||Low||Upper & Lower||Yes|
|Broil||450° F (400° F–450° F)||10 minutes (1–20 minutes)||High||Upper||Yes|
|Bake||350° F (180° F–450° F)||25 minutes (1 minute–4 hours)||Low||Upper & Lower||Yes|
|Pizza||400° F (180° F–450° F)||18 minutes (1–60 minutes)||Off||Upper & Lower||Yes|
|Grill||450° F (250° F–450° F)||15 minutes (1–45 minutes)||Off||Upper & Lower||Yes|
|Toast||(Light–Dark)||4 slices (1–6 slices)*||Off||Upper & Lower||No|
|Reheat||280° F (180° F–450° F)||20 minutes (1 minute–2 hours)||Low||Upper & Lower||No|
|Keep Warm||160° F (160° F–250° F)||1 hour (1 minute–4 hours)||Off||Upper & Lower||No|
|Dehydrate||120° F (85° F–175° F)||6 hours (30 minutes– 72 hours)||Low||Upper||No|
|Rotisserie||375° F (180° F–450° F)||40 minutes (1 minute–4 hours)||High||Upper||Yes|
|Slow Cook||225° F (225° F–275° F)||4 hours (30 minutes– 10 hours)||Low||Upper & Lower||No|
NOTE: When using the Toast function, the temperature setting is replaced by a Darkness setting. Use this setting to adjust the desired darkness of your toast. The time setting is replaced by a number of slices setting. Use this setting to adjust the number of slices of bread you are toasting.
* When cooking in dual-zone cooking mode, the default slice setting for the Toast function is 2 slices, and the slice range is 1–2 slices.
Instructions for Use
Before First Use
- Unpack all parts from the box and remove any clear or blue protective film on the components. Check all packaging material thoroughly for accessories.
- Remove and save all literature.
- Wash all removable accessories (see the “Care & Cleaning” section).
- Select a location to place the appliance. The location should allow enough space for air flow (at least 6 inches of free space on the top, back, and sides of the appliance). The surface on which the appliance is placed should be horizontal, stable, and heat resistant.
General Operating Instructions
- Insert the Drip Tray inside the appliance (see the “Using the Drip Tray” section). Insert the Divider (see the “Using the
- Select accessories appropriate for your recipe. Add food to the accessories. Insert your chosen accessory inside the appliance (see the “Using the Crisper Tray, Oven Rack, and Baking Pan” section).
- Turn the left Control Knob to select the left cooking zone’s cooking function. A bracket will mark the left side of the selected function on the Control Panel. Press the Control Knob to confirm the setting. Turn to adjust the temperature and press to confirm. Turn to adjust the time and press to confirm.
- Turn the right Control Knob to select the right cooking zone’s cooking function. A bracket will mark the right side of the selected function on the Control Panel. Press the Control Knob to confirm the setting. Turn to adjust the temperature and press to confirm. Turn to adjust the time and press to confirm.
- Optional: Set the Shake Indicator and Sync feature (see the “Using the Shake Indicator” and “Using the Sync Buttons” sections).
- Press the Start/Pause Button above a cooking zone to begin the cooking cycle in that cooking zone.
- When the cooking time has completed, cooking will stop and the fan will continue to run for 30 seconds to cool down the appliance.
- Insert the Drip Tray inside the appliance (see the “Using the Drip Tray” section). Do not insert the Divider.
- Select accessories appropriate for your recipe. Add food to the accessories. Insert your chosen accessory inside the appliance (see the “Using the Crisper Tray, Oven Rack, and Baking Pan” and “Using the Rotisserie Set” sections).
- Use the left or right Control Knob to select a cooking function. A bracket will mark the selected function on the Control Panel. Press the Control Knob to confirm the setting. Turn to adjust the temperature and press to confirm. Turn to adjust the time and press to confirm.
- Optional: Set the Shake Indicator (see the “Using the Shake Indicator” section).
- Press the Start/Pause Button to begin the cooking cycle.
- When the cooking time has completed, cooking will stop and the fan will continue to run for 30 seconds to cool down the appliance.
NOTE: You can press the Start/Pause Button at any time during the cooking process to pause the cooking process. When you press the Start/Pause Button again, the programmed cooking cycle will resume.
Using the Shake Indicator
The Shake Indicator lets you know when the cooking time has reached its halfway point, which is an ideal time to shake certain foods (see the “Shaking Food” section). The Shake Indicator is only available when using the Air Fry function.
- Set the cooking function, temperature, and time for one cooking zone. If you want to use the Shake Indicator with the food in the first cooking zone, press the Shake Indicator Button. The Shake Indicator Display on the Control Panel will illuminate.
- When using the dual-zone cooking mode: Set the cooking function, temperature, and time for the second cooking zone. If you want to use the Shake Indicator with the food in the second cooking zone, press the Shake Indicator Button.
- Press the Start/Pause Button to begin the cooking cycle. If the Shake Indicator has been set for a cooking zone, the appliance will beep five times and the Shake Indicator Display on the Control Panel will blink when the cooking zone’s timer is halfway through the total cooking time. You can open the doors and shake food as needed.
- Close the doors. Press the Start/Pause Button to resume the cooking cycle.
To ensure even cooking while air frying, you can shake food during the cooking process. Using the Shake Indicator can help remind you to shake food halfway through the cooking process.
- Press the Start/Pause Button to pause the cooking process.
- Use oven mitts to remove the accessories and food. Place the accessories and food on a heat-resistant surface.
- Shake the ingredients in the accessories.
- Return the accessories to the appliance. Close the doors. Press the Start/Pause Button to ersume the cooking process.
CAUTION: The accessories will be hot. Always use oven mitts to handle hot accessories.
Using the Sync Button
When cooking food with different cooking times in dual-zone cooking mode, the sync feature lets you finish cooking food in the two cooking zones simultaneously. The sync feature is only available when using the Air Fry, Roast, Broil, Bake, Pizza, or Grill functions.
- Add food to the cooking zone with the longer cooking time. Do not add food to the cooking zone with the shorter cooking time yet.
- Set the cooking function, temperature, and time for each cooking zone. Before pressing the Start/Pause Button to begin the cooking cycle, press the Sync Button. The Sync Display on the Control Panel will illuminate.
- Press the Start/Pause Button. The cooking process will begin in the cooking zone with the longer cooking time. The Control Panel will display “HOLD” over the cooking zone with the shorter cooking time.
- When the cooking timers of both cooking zones synchronize, the appliance will beep six times. Open the doors and add food to the second cooking zone (if food had not already been added for the Air Fry function).
- Close the doors. Press the Start/Pause Button to resume the cooking cycle. Both cooking zones’ timers will count down simultaneously
|General Cooking Guidelines|
|Food||Size||Temperature||Cooking Time||Preheat||Shake/Flip||Spray with Oil|
|French fries||400° F||18 minutes||√|
|Sweet potato fries||400° F||22 minutes||√|
|Chicken nuggets||400° F||14 minutes||√|
|Breaded cutlets||6 oz||400° F||10 minutes||√||√||√|
|Wings||400° F||25 minutes||√||√|
|Chicken breast||6 oz||400° F||8 minutes||√|
|Burgers||6 oz||400° F||10 minutes||√||√|
|Hot dogs||8 pieces||375° F||5 minutes||√||√|
|NY strip steaks||8 oz||400° F||12 minutes||√||√|
|Meatballs, 1 inch||1.5 lb||375° F||10 minutes||√||√|
|Pork chops||400° F||12 minutes||√||√|
|Sausages||350° F||15 minutes||√||√|
|Salmon filet||6 oz||390° F||12 minutes||√|
|Shrimp (16–20 size)||12 oz||390° F||10 minutes||√||√|
|Asparagus||1 lb||380° F||8 minutes||√||√|
|Broccoli||8 oz||380° F||8 minutes||√||√|
|Corn on the cob||2 pieces||380° F||8 minutes||√||√|
|Hard-boiled eggs, shell on||250° F||18 minutes|
|Cake||320° F||20 minutes|
|Grilled cheese sandwich||1 piece||375° F||6 minutes||√||√|
Care & Cleaning
Cleaning the Appliance
Recommendation: Clean the appliance after each use.
- Unplug the appliance and let cool for at least 30 minutes before cleaning.
- Wipe the outside of the appliance with a warm, moist cloth and a mild detergent.
- Gently scrub both sides of the doors with a warm, moist cloth and soapy water.
- Clean the appliance interior with only mild, nonabrasive soaps or detergents applied with a sponge or soft cloth. Do not scrub the heating elements.
- Rinse the inside of the appliance with a clean, moist cloth.
Cleaning the Accessories
Recommendation: Clean any accessories that were used during the cooking process after each use.
- Let the accessories cool for at least 30 minutes before cleaning.
- To remove food stuck on accessories easily, soak the accessories in warm, soapy water before cleaning.
- The accessories are dishwasher safe, but hand-washing with warm water, a mild detergent, and a sponge or soft cloth is recommended.
- Unplug the appliance and let cool for at least 30 minutes before storing.
- Clean the appliance (see the “Cleaning the Appliance” section). Ensure all the components are dry before storing.
- Store in a clean, dry place.
Any other maintenance must be performed by an authorized service technician. Contact customer service using the information on the back of this manual for more information.
|The appliance does not work.||The appliance is not plugged in or the appliance is plugged into an outlet that is shared with other devices.||Plug the power cord into a dedicated electrical outlet.|
|Food has not cooked completely.||The accessories are overloaded.||Use smaller batches to help ensure even cooking.|
|The cooking temperature is set too low.||Raise the cooking temperature and continue cooking.|
|Food is not cooked evenly.||Some foods need to be shaken during the cooking process.||See the “Shaking Foods” section.|
|Foods of different sizes are being cooked together.||Cook similarly sized foods together.|
|Smoke is coming from the appliance.||Too much oil is being used.||Use less oil when cooking food in this appliance.|
|Accessories have excess residue from previous cooking.||Clean the appliance and its accessories after each use.|
|Food is dripping on the bottom heating elements.||Place the Baking Pan at a level below the food (do not place the Baking Pan or any other accessory directly on the heating elements).|
If any of the error codes in the chart below appear on the Control Panel, contact customer service using the information on the back of this manual.
|Er1||Sensor open circuit fault.||Contact customer service.|
|Er2||Sensor short circuit fault.||Contact customer service.|
|Er3||DC fan open fault.||Contact customer service.|
|Er4||DC fan short fault.||Contact customer service.|
The Emeril Lagasse Dual-Zone AirFryer Oven™ is covered by a 90-day money-back guarantee. If you are not 100% satisfied with your product, return the product and request a replacement product or refund. Proof of purchase is required. Refunds will include the purchase price, less processing and handling. Follow the instructions in the Return Policy below to request a replacement or refund.
Replacement Guarantee Policy
Our products, when purchased from an authorized retailer, include a one-year replacement guarantee if your product or component part does not perform as expected, the guarantee extends only to the original purchaser and is not transferable. If you experience an issue with one of our products within one year of purchase, return the product or the component part for replacement with a functionally equivalent new product or part. The original proof of purchase is required, and you are responsible to pay to return the appliance to us. In the event a replacement appliance is issued, the guarantee coverage ends six months following the receipt date of the replacement appliance or the remainder of the existing guarantee, whichever is later. Empower Brands, LLC reserves the right to replace the appliance with one of equal or greater value.
If, for any reason, you would like to replace or return the product under the money-back guarantee, your order number can be used as the return merchandise authorization number (RMA). If the product was purchased in a retail store, return the product to the store or use “RETAIL” as the RMA. Return your product to the address provided below for a replacement, which will incur no additional processing and handling fees, or for the refund of your purchase price, less processing and handling. You are responsible for the cost of returning the product. You can locate your order number at www.customerstatus.com. You can call customer service at 973-287-5132 for any additional questions. Pack the product carefully and include in the package a note with (1) your name, (2) mailing address, (3) phone number, (4) email address, (5) reason for return, and (6) proof of purchase or order number, and (7) specify on the note whether you are requesting a refund or replacement. Write the RMA on the outside of the package.
Send the product to the following return address:
Emeril Lagasse Dual-Zone AirFryer Oven
Empower Brands, LLC
500 Returns Road
Wallingford, CT 06495
If the replacement or refund request has not been acknowledged after two weeks, please contact Customer Service at 973-287-5132.
Refunds requested within the money-back guarantee timeframe will be issued to the payment method used at purchase if the item was purchased directly from Empower Brands, LLC. If the item was purchased from an authorized retailer, proof of purchase is required, and a check will be issued for the item and sales tax amount. Processing and handling fees are non-refundable.
The Emeril Lagasse trademarks are owned by Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia, Inc., used under license.
© 2022 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia, Inc., used under license.
We are very proud of the design and quality of our Emeril Lagasse Dual-Zone AirFryer Oven™.
This product has been manufactured to the highest standards. Should you have any questions, our friendly customer service staff is here to help you.
To contact us, email us at [email protected] or call 973-287-5132.
Download Manual PDF
CUSTOMERCARES DZEL24-01 Emeril Lagasse Dual-Zone
AirFryer Oven™ User Manual PDF Download