CUSTOMERCARES S.AFO-002 Emeril Lagasse Power
AirFryer 360 Plus User Manual
BEFORE YOU BEGIN
The Emeril Lagasse Power AirFryer 360 Plus™
will provide you many years of delicious family meals and memories around the dinner table. But before you begin, it’s very important that you read this entire manual, making certain that you are totally familiar with this appliance’s operation and precautions.
Until now, getting the crispy, fried crunch and flavor you and your family love was impossible without deep frying in fat or oil. The Emeril Lagasse Power AirFryer 360 Plus has changed everything. Replace messy, unhealthy oil with Turbo Cyclonic Air that surrounds your food, cooking it to crispy and juicy perfection.
The Emeril Lagasse Power AirFryer 360 Plus not only cooks your favorite fried foods but also broils and bakes many other favorites, like air-fried French fries, calzones, and doughnuts. Twelve one-touch presets automatically set the ideal cooking time and temperature for your favorites, like crispy shrimp, fries, and chicken. Plus, there’s even a Rotisserie preset that cooks your chicken to perfection in less time than your home oven and a Dehydrator preset that preserves fresh fruits and other food for future use. With the Emeril Lagasse Power AirFryer 360 Plus, you and your family will enjoy many years of great-tasting food and snacks.
PREVENT INJURIES! – CAREFULLY READ ALL INSTRUCTIONS BEFORE USE!
When using electrical appliances, always follow these basic safety precautions.
- Read all instructions carefully to prevent injuries.
- This appliance is NOT INTENDED for use by persons with reduced physical, sensory, or mental capabilities or a lack of experience and knowledge unless they are under the supervision of a responsible person or have been given proper instruction in using the appliance. DO NOT leave unattended with children or pets. KEEP this appliance and cord away from children. Anyone who has not fully read and understood all operating and safety instructions contained in this manual is not qualified to operate or clean this appliance.
- Do not place your appliance on a cooktop, even if the cooktop is cool, because you could accidentally turn the cooktop on, causing a fire, damaging the appliance, your cooktop, and your home.
- ALWAYS place the appliance on a flat, heat-resistant surface. Intended for countertop use only. DO NOT operate on unstable surface. DO NOT place on or near a hot gas or electric burner or in a heated oven. DO NOT operate the appliance in an enclosed space or under hanging cabinets. Proper space and ventilation is needed to prevent property damage that may be caused by steam released during operation. Never operate the appliance near any flammable materials, such as dish towels, paper towels, curtains, or paper plates. DO NOT let the cord hang over the edge of the table or counter or touch hot surfaces.
- CAUTION HOT SURFACES: This appliance generates extreme heat and steam during use. Proper precautions must be taken to prevent the risk of personal injury, fires, and damage to property.
- DO NOT use this appliance for anything other than its intended use.
- WARNING: To reduce risk of electric shock, cook only using the removable containers (trays, skewers) provided.
- The use of accessory attachments NOT RECOMMENDED by the appliance manufacturer may cause injuries.
- NEVER use outlet below counter.
- NEVER use with an extension cord. A short power-supply cord (or detachable power-supply cord) is provided to reduce the risk of becoming entangled in or tripping over a longer cord.
- DO NOT use appliance outdoors.
- DO NOT operate if the cord or plug are damaged. If the appliance begins to malfunction during use, immediately unplug the cord from the power source. DO NOT USE OR ATTEMPT TO REPAIR A MALFUNCTIONING APPLIANCE. Contact Customer Service for assistance (see the back of the manual for contact information).
- UNPLUG the appliance from the outlet when not in use and before cleaning. Allow the appliance to cool before attaching or removing parts.
- NEVER immerse housing in water. If the appliance falls or accidentally becomes immersed in water, unplug from wall outlet immediately. Do not reach into liquid if the appliance is plugged in and immersed. Do not immerse or rinse cords or plugs in water or other liquids.
- The appliance’s outer surfaces may become hot during use. Wear oven mitts when handling hot surfaces and components.
- When cooking, DO NOT place the appliance against a wall or against other appliances. Leave at least 5 in. free space on the back and sides and above the appliance. DO NOT place anything on top of the appliance.
- DO NOT place the appliance on stove top surfaces.
- Before using your new Emeril Lagasse Power AirFryer 360 Plus on any countertop surface, check with your countertop manufacturer or installer for recommendations about using appliances on your surfaces. Some manufacturers and installers may recommend protecting your surface by placing a hot pad or trivet under the appliance for heat protection. Your manufacturer or installer may recommend that hot pans, pots, or electrical appliances should not be used directly on top of the countertop. If you are unsure, place a trivet or hot pad under the appliance before using it.
- This appliance is intended for normal household use only. It is NOT INTENDED for use in commercial or retail environments. If the Emeril Lagasse Power AirFryer 360 Plus is used improperly or for professional or semiprofessional purposes or if it is not used according to the instructions in the user manual, the guarantee becomes invalid and Tristar will not be held liable for damages.
- ALWAYS unplug the appliance after use.
- EXTREME CAUTION must be used when moving an appliance containing hot oil or other hot liquids.
- USE EXTREME CAUTION when removing tray or disposing of hot grease.
- DO NOT clean with metal scouring pads. Pieces can break off the pad and touch electrical parts, creating a risk of electric shock. Use non-metallic scrub pads.
- Oversize foods or metal utensils MUST NOT be inserted in the appliance as they may create a fire or risk of electric shock.
- EXTREME CAUTION should be exercised when using containers constructed of material other than metal or glass.
- DO NOT store any materials, other than manufacturer’s recommended accessories, in this appliance when not in use.
- DO NOT place any of the following materials in the appliance: paper, cardboard, plastic.
- DO NOT cover Drip Tray or any part of the appliance with metal foil. This will cause overheating of the appliance.
|⚠️WARNING: For California Residents
This product can expose you to Bisphenol A, which is known to the State of California to cause birth defects or other reproductive harm. For more information, go to www.P65Warnings.ca.gov.
SAVE THESE INSTRUCTIONS – FOR HOUSEHOLD USE ONLY
- NEVER put anything on top of the appliance.
- NEVER cover the air vents on the top, back, and side of the appliance.
- ALWAYS use oven mitts when removing anything hot from the appliance.
- NEVER rest anything on the door while it is open.
- DO NOT leave the door open for an extended period.
- ALWAYS ensure that nothing is protruding out of the appliance before closing the door.
- ALWAYS close the door gently; NEVER slam the door closed. ALWAYS hold the handle of the door when opening and closing the door.
Attaching the Power Cord
- Plug the power cord into a 2-prong wall outlet with no other appliances on the same outlet. Plugging other appliances into the outlet will cause the circuit to overload.
- Do not use an extension cord with this product.
- This model is designed for use with a 2-prong grounded 120V dedicated electrical outlet only. Do not use with any other electrical outlet or modify the plug.
- To disconnect, turn any control to off and then remove the plug from the wall.
If the electrical circuit is overloaded with other appliances, your new appliance may not operate properly. It should be operated on a dedicated electrical circuit.
- Before initial use hand wash the cooking accessories. Then, wipe the outside and inside of the appliance with a warm, moist cloth and mild detergent. Finally, preheat the Emeril Lagasse Power AirFryer 360 Plus for a few minutes to burn off any residue. Afterward, wipe the appliance out with a wet cloth. CAUTION: Upon first use, the appliance may smoke or emit a burning odor due to oils used to coat and preserve the heating elements.
- The Emeril Lagasse Power AirFryer 360 Plus must be operated with the Drip Tray in place under the heating elements, and any food must be cleaned off of the Drip Tray when the Drip Tray becomes more than half full.
- Never operate your Emeril Lagasse Power AirFryer 360 Plus with the door open.
- Never put the Baking Pan (or any other accessory) directly on the top of the lower heating elements.
Parts & Accessories
- MAIN UNIT: Features sturdy stainless steel construction throughout. Cleans easily with a damp sponge or cloth and a mild detergent. Avoid harsh, abrasive cleaners. NEVER submerge this appliance in water or liquids of any kind.
- DOOR HANDLE: Remains cool during cooking. Always use the handle and avoid touching the Glass Door. The Door may become very hot during the cooking process and can cause injury.
- LED DISPLAY: Used for selecting, adjusting programming, or monitoring cooking programs.
- GLASS DOOR: Sturdy, durable tempered glass keeps heat in and helps assure even heat distribution to food. NEVER cook with this door in the open position.
- CONTROL PANEL: Contains the Control Buttons (see The Control Panel, p. 10).
- CRISPER TRAY: Use for cooking oil-free fried foods and broiling.
- PIZZA RACK: Use for toasting breads, bagels, and pizzas; baking; grilling; and roasting.
- BAKING PAN (OPTIONAL): Use for baking and reheating various foods. Deeper oven-safe pans and dishes may be used in this appliance. CAUTION: When baking or cooking with baking pans and dishes, always place them on a rack. Never cook anything directly on the heating elements.
- DRIP TRAY: Place in the bottom of the appliance just below the heating elements. Never use this appliance without the Drip Tray. The Drip Tray may become full when cooking large or juicy foods. When the Drip Tray becomes more than half full, empty it. To empty the Drip Tray while cooking: While wearing oven mitts, open the door and slowly slide the Drip Tray out of the appliance. Empty the Drip Tray and return it to the appliance. Close the door to finish the cooking cycle.
- ROTISSERIE SPIT: Used for cooking whole chickens and roasts of all types.
The rotisserie parts and other metal components of this appliance are sharp and will get extremely hot during use. Great care should be taken to avoid personal injury. Wear protective oven mitts or gloves.
|S∙AFO-002||120V 60Hz||1500W||Up to 930 Internal Cubic Inches||85° F–450° F||LED|
Using the Accessories
WEIGHT CAPACITY OF ACCESSORIES
|Pizza Rack||Varies||12 lb (5443 g)|
|Crisper Tray||Air Fryer||10 lb (4536 g)|
|Rotisserie Spit||Rotisserie||4 lb (1814 g)|
USING THE PIZZA RACK
- Insert the Drip Tray below the bottom heating elements (at the very bottom of the appliance [see Fig. i]).
- Use the markings on the door to choose the shelf position recommended for your recipe. Insert the Pizza Rack into the desired slot (see Fig. ii) and then place your food on the Pizza Rack.
USING THE BAKING PAN
- Insert the Drip Tray below the bottom heating elements (at the very bottom of the appliance [see Fig. i]).
- Use the markings on the door to choose the shelf position recommended for your recipe. Insert the Pizza Rack into the desired slot (see Fig. ii).
- Place the Baking Pan on the Pizza Rack (see Fig. iii) and then place your food on the Baking Pan.
USING THE CRISPER TRAY
- Insert the Drip Tray below the bottom heating elements (at the very bottom of the appliance [see Fig. i]).
- Use the markings on the door to choose the shelf position recommend for your recipe. Place food on the Crisper Tray and insert the Tray into the desired slot (see Fig. iv).
NOTE: When using the Crisper Tray or Pizza Rack to cook food with a higher moisture content, use the Baking Pan below the Tray or Rack to catch any dripping juices.
USING THE ROTISSERIE SPIT
NOTE: Practice inserting and removing the Rotisserie Spit without food and without heating the appliance first to become familiar with the procedure.
When using the rotisserie preset, you may need to add 5 minutes to the cooking time due to not being able to preheat the appliance.
- Insert the Drip Tray below the bottom heating elements (a the very bottom of the appliance [see Fig. i]).
- With the Forks removed, force the Rotisserie Spit through the center of the food lengthwise.
- Slide the Forks (A) onto each side of the Spit and secure them in place by tightening the two Set Screws (B).
NOTE: To support the food on the Rotisserie Spit better, insert the Rotisserie Forks into the food at different angles (see Fig. v).
- Hold the assembled Rotisserie Spit at a slight angle with the right side higher than the left side and insert the left side of the Spit into the Rotisserie connection inside the appliance (see Fig. vi).
- With the left side securely in place, lower the right side of the Spit into the Rotisserie connection on the right side of the appliance (see Fig. vii).
- To remove cooked food, insert a large fork into the food, twist left, and raise to remove the Spit from the left slot and then remove the food from appliance with a slight lifting motion. Transfer the food to a carving board or serving plate.
The Control Panel
- LED PANEL: Displays the cooking time and temperature.
- TEMPERATURE/DARKNESS CONTROL BUTTONS: Allows you to override preset temperatures. Also controls the desired darkness during Toast or Bagel Mode. Temperature can be adjusted at any time during the cooking cycle.
NOTE: Darkness levels are represented on the LED Display as “L1” (lightest), “L2,” “L3,” “L4,” and “L5” (darkest).
- TIME/SLICES CONTROL BUTTONS: Allows you to override preset times. Also controls the setting to select the number of slices being toasted during Toast or Bagel Mode. Time can be adjusted at any time during the cooking cycle.
- LIGHT & FAHRENHEIT/CELSIUS BUTTON: Select this button at any time during the cooking process to light the appliance’s interior. Hold this button for three seconds to switch the temperature display from Fahrenheit to Celsius.
- FAN BUTTON: Air fry-style cooking with the push of a button for all your oil-free fried snacks and main dishes. Fan can be activated by pressing this button for the following presets: AirFry, Pizza, Bake, Rotisserie, Slow Cook, Roast, Dehydrate, and Reheat.
- START/PAUSE BUTTON: Press to begin or pause the cooking process at any time.
- CANCEL BUTTON: You may select this button at any time to cancel the cooking process. Hold the Cancel Button for 3 secs. to power off the appliance (The LED Panel will read “OFF”).
PRESET BUTTONS: This appliance uses 12 preprogrammed functions. Each function has been designed to select the ideal cooking time and temperature for a variety of scenarios. To use these functions, simply press the button on the Control Panel that corresponds with the function you want to use. The cooking time and temperature associated with the function will be set automatically. See the Preset Information section (p. 12) for detailed information about each preset function.
NOTE: When using a preset function, the cooking time and temperature can be adjusted manually using the Control Buttons.
Internal Temperature Meat Chart
For maximum food safety, the U.S. Department of Agriculture recommends 165° F for all poultry; 160° F for ground beef, lamb, and pork; and 145° F, with a 3-min. resting period, for all other types of beef, lamb, and pork. Also review the USDA Food Safety Standards.
|Beef & Veal||Ground||160° F (71° C)|
|Steaks, roasts: medium||145° F (63° C)|
|Steaks, roasts: rare||125° F (52° C)|
|Chicken & Turkey||Breasts||165° F (74° C)|
|Ground, stuffed||165° F (74° C)|
|Whole bird, legs, thighs, wings||165° F (74° C)|
|Fish & Shellfish||Any type||145° F (63° C)|
|Lamb||Ground||160° F (71° C)|
|Steaks, roasts: medium||140° F (60° C)|
|Steaks, roasts: rare||130° F (54° C)|
|Chops, ground, ribs, roasts||160° F (71° C)|
|Fully cooked ham||140° F (60° C)|
The Time and Temperature on the chart above the basic default settings. As you become familiar with the appliance, you will be able to make minor adjustments to suit your taste.
MEMORY: The appliance has a memory feature that will keep your last program setting used. To reset this feature, unplug the appliance, wait 1 minute and power the appliance back on.
* When using the Rotisserie setting, food should be placed in the appliance before preheating the appliance.
|Mode||Description||Info||Heating Element Used|
|AirFry||High-speed convection cooking used to replace deep frying. Great for cooking breaded items using super-heated air with little to no oil.||
|Toast||Used to brown and crisp bread on both sides. Great for sliced loaves or English muffins.||
|Bagel||Used to brown and crisp thicker bread on both sides. Great for toasting bagels, rolls, and frozen waffles.||
|Pizza||Perfect for cooking homemade or frozen pizza. Crisps the dough while melting the cheese from the top.||
|Bake||Cook perfect pastries with convection cooking. Cook cakes, pies, cookies, or any other baked goods.||
|Broil||Melts cheese on burgers or cooked items, sears small cuts of meat, and cooks open-faced sandwiches.||
|Rotisserie||Heats food from the top and bottom with convection-style|
cooking while the Rotisserie Spit rotates your chicken or
roast. Keeps your food crispy on the outside, juicy on the
inside, and evenly cooked.
|Slow Cook||Cooks food at a low temperature with long cooking times. Cook in a covered vessel (Dutch oven) to keep moisture in. Great for turning toughs cut of meat into tender meals.||
|Roast||Cooks larger pieces of meat or poultry evenly on all sides.||
|Dehydrate||Cooks food convection style on low heat, allowing many types of food to be preserved. Great for drying fruit, vegetables and meats (beef jerky).||
|Reheat||Used to heat prepared meals without searing.||
|Warm||Use to hold food at a safe temperature (160° F) for a period of time.||
NOTE: This symbol represents the heating element in use.
Instructions for Use
Before First Use
- Read all material, warning stickers, and labels.
- Remove all packing materials, labels, and stickers.
- Hand-washing is recommended. Wash all parts and accessories used in the cooking process with warm soapy water.
- Never wash or submerge the cooking appliance in water. Wipe the inside and outside of the cooking appliance with a clean, moist cloth. Rinse with a warm, moist cloth.
- Before cooking food, preheat the appliance for a few minutes to allow the manufacturer’s protective coating of oil to burn off. Wipe the appliance with warm, soapy water and a washcloth after this burn-in cycle.
- Place the appliance on a stable, level, horizontal, and heat-resistant surface. Ensure that the appliance is used in an area with good air circulation and away from hot surfaces, other objects or appliances and any combustible materials.
- Ensure that the appliance is plugged into a dedicated power outlet.
- Select the cooking accessory for your recipe.
- Place food to be cooked in appliance and close the door.
- Select a preset mode by pressing one of the preset buttons.
- After choosing the function you need, you can adjust the temperature by pressing the Temperature/Darkness Buttons (marked “TEMP”) and the time by pressing the Time/ Slices Control Buttons (marked “TIME”). NOTE: When toasting bread or a bagel, you control the lightness or darkness by adjusting the same buttons.
- Press the Start/Stop Button to begin cooking cycle.
NOTE: When the cooking process is complete and the cooking time has elapsed, the appliance will beep several times.
CAUTION: All surfaces inside and outside of the appliance will be extremely hot. To avoid injury, wear oven mitts. Allow at least 30 mins. for the appliance to cool before attempting cleaning or storing.
- Foods that are smaller in size usually require a slightly shorter cooking time than larger ones.
- Large sizes or quantities of food may require a longer cooking time than smaller sizes or quantities.
- Flipping or turning food halfway through the cooking process ensures that the food is evenly cooked.
- Misting a bit of vegetable oil on fresh potatoes is suggested for a crispier result. When adding a little oil, do so just before cooking.
- Snacks normally cooked in an oven can also be cooked in the appliance.
- Use premade dough to prepare filled snacks quickly and easily. Premade dough also requires a shorter cooking time than homemade dough.
- A baking pan or oven dish can be placed on rack inside the appliance when cooking foods such as cakes or quiches. Using a pan or dish is also recommended when cooking fragile or filled foods.
Adjustable Tray Positions
The Crisper Tray and Pizza Rack can be inserted into any of the four positions between the heat elements in the appliance.
IMPORTANT: The Drip Tray must be kept below the heat elements in the appliance at all times when cooking food.
- Broil \ Dehydrate
- Toast \ Bagel \ Broil
- AirFry \ Dehydrate
- Reheat \ Bake \ Roast Warm \ Pizza \ Dehydrate
- Slow Cook
Cleaning & Storage
- Unplug the appliance. ALWAYS unplug the appliance before cleaning it. Disconnect the appliance from the power source.
NEVER immerse the appliance in water, even if it is unplugged.
- Remove and clean the components. Place the appliance on a sheet of newspaper or something similar to catch crumbs. Then, remove any accessories and other removable components from the appliance and place the accessories and components in the sink. Use dish soap and water to wash these parts. To combat any stubborn stains on the removable accessories, leave the accessories in the sink to soak overnight. Let the accessories dry completely while you clean the appliance itself.
- Use a homemade cleaner. Create your own cleaning solution to clean the interior of the appliance by combining vinegar, warm water, and a small amount of dish soap. Apply the cleaning solution to the interior of appliance with a damp sponge, but try not to get any of the solution on the appliance’s heating elements.
- Avoid abrasive cleaning tools. To prevent possible damage to the interior of the appliance from metal scouring pads and abrasive cleaners, use a sponge, cloth, or old rag when wiping down your appliance. For stubborn stains, use a plastic scouring pad.
- Clean after each use. For best results, wipe down the exterior and clean the interior of the appliance after every use. Doing so can help prevent hard-to-clean food debris from building up inside your appliance. Again, be sure to ALWAYS unplug the appliance before cleaning it.
- Unplug the appliance and let it cool thoroughly.
- Make sure all components are clean and dry.
- Place the appliance in a clean, dry place.
|The appliance does not work||
|Food not cooked||
|Food is not fried evenly||
|White smoke coming from appliance||
|French fries are not fried evenly||
|Fries are not crispy||
Frequently Asked Questions
Does the appliance need time to heat up?
The appliance has a smart feature that will preheat the appliance to the set temperature before the timer begins counting down. This feature takes effect with all preprogrammed
settings except Toast, Bagel, and Dehydrate.
Is it possible to stop the cooking cycle at any
You can use the Cancel Button to stop the cooking cycle.
Is it possible to shut off the appliance at any time?
Yes, the appliance can be shut off at any time by holding down the Cancel Button for 3 seconds.
Can I check the food during the cooking process?
You can check the cooking process by pressing the Light Button or pressing the Start/Pause Button and then opening the door.
What happens if the appliance still does not work after I have tried all the troubleshooting
Never attempt home repair. Contact Tristar and follow the procedures set forth by the manual. Failure to do so could render your guarantee null and void.
90-Day Money-Back Guarantee
The Emeril Lagasse Power Air Fryer 360 Plus is covered by a 90-day money-back guarantee. If you are not 100% satisfied with your product, return the product and request a replacement product or refund. Proof of purchase is required. Refunds will include the purchase price, less processing and handling. Follow the instructions in the Return Policy below to request a replacement or refund.
Replacement Guarantee Policy
Our products, when purchased from an authorized retailer, include a 1-year replacement guarantee if your product or component part does not perform as expected, the guarantee extends only to the original purchaser and is not transferable. If you experience an issue with one of our products within 1 year of purchase, return the product or the component part for replacement with a functionally equivalent new product or part. The original proof of purchase is required, and you are responsible to pay to return the unit to us. In the event a replacement unit is issued, the guarantee coverage ends six (6) months following the receipt date of the replacement unit or the remainder of the existing guarantee, whichever is later. Tristar reserves the right to replace the unit with one of equal or greater value.
If, for any reason, you would like to replace or return the product under the money-back guarantee, your order number can be used as the return merchandise authorization number (RMA). If the product was purchased in a retail store, return the product to the store or use “RETAIL” as the RMA. Return your product to the address provided below for a replacement, which will incur no additional processing and handling fees, or for the refund of your purchase price, less processing and handling. You are responsible for the cost of returning the product. You can locate your order number at www.customerstatus.com. You can call customer service at 973-287-5149 or email [email protected] for any additional questions. Pack the product carefully and include in the package a note with (1) your name, (2) mailing
address, (3) phone number, (4) email address, (5) reason for return, and (6) proof of purchase or order number, and (7) specify on the note whether you are requesting a refund or replacement. Write the RMA on the outside of the package.
Send the product to the following return address:
Emeril Lagasse Power Air Fryer 360 Plus
500 Returns Road
Wallingford, CT 06495
If the replacement or refund request has not been acknowledged after two weeks, please contact Customer Service at 973-287-5149.
Refunds requested within the money-back guarantee timeframe will be issued to the payment method used at purchase if the item was purchased directly from Tristar. If the item was purchased from an authorized retailer, proof of purchase is required, and a check will be issued for the item and sales tax amount. Processing and handling fees are non-refundable.
We are very proud of the design and quality of our Emeril Lagasse Power AirFryer 360 PlusTM.
This product has been manufactured to the highest standards.
Should you have any questions, our friendly customer service staff is here to help you.
For parts, recipes, accessories, and everything Emeril Everyday, go to tristarcares.com or scan this QR code with your smartphone or tablet:
To contact us, email us at [email protected] or call us at 973-287-5149.
Download Manual PDF
CUSTOMERCARES S.AFO-002 Emeril Lagasse Power
AirFryer 360 Plus User Manual PDF Download