DYNOJET 2018-2022 Kawasaki Ninja H2 SX Power
Commander 6 User Manual
- 1 POWER COMMANDER 6
- 1 INSTALLATION GUIDE
- 1 USB CABLE
- 2 VELCRO STRIPS
- 2 DYNOJET DECALS
- 2 POWER COMMANDER DECALS
- 1 ALCOHOL SWAB
- 1 POSI-TAP
PLEASE READ ALL DIRECTIONS BEFORE STARTING INSTALLATION
INPUT ACCESSORY GUIDE
OPTIONAL ACCESSORY INPUTS
(Input 1 or 2) The PC6 has the ability to hold 2 different base maps. You can switch on the fly between these two base maps when you hook up a switch to the MAP inputs. You can use any open/close type switch. The polarity of the wires is not important.
(Input 1 or 2) Used for clutch-less full throttle upshifts. Insert the wires from the Dyno jet quick shifter into either
Input 1 or Input 2. The polarity of the wires is not important. Set to Input 2 by default.
If your application has a speed sensor then you can tap into the signal side of the sensor and run a wire into this input. This will allow you to calculate gear position in the Control Center Software. Once gear position is setup you can alter your map based on gear position and setup gear dependent kill times when using a quick shifter. .
This input is for a 0-5v signal such as engine temp, boost, etc. Once this input is established you can alter your
fuel curve based on this input in the Power Core software.
You can connect a wire to either Input 1 or Input 2 and then the other end to a switch. This switch when engaged (continuity) will only allow the RPM to be raised to a certain limit (set in the software). When released, you will have full RPM.
To input wires into the PC6 first remove the rubber plug on the backside of the unit and loosen the screw for the corresponding input. Using a 22-24 gauge wire, strip about 10mm from its end. Push the wire into the hole of the PC6 until it stops and then tighten the screw. Make sure to reinstall the rubber plug.
NOTE: If you tin the wires with solder it will make inserting them easier.
INSTALLING THE POWER COMMANDER 6
- Remove the seat and the fuel tank.
- Lay the PC6 in the tail section and route the harness down the left side of the frame going towards the engine.
- Attach the ground wire of the PC6 to the negative (-) side of the battery.
- Unplug the stock wiring harness from the throttle body sub harness.
This is a GREY, 10 pin connector at the rear of the intake plenum
- Plug the PC6 in-line of the stock wiring harness connectors.
- Route the rest of the PC6 harness to the right side of the frame.
- Unplug the throttle position sensor connector from the throttle body. This connector is on the right side of the throttle body.
- Using the supplied Positap attach the GREY wire from the PC6 to the stock PURPLE wire of the TPS harness.
- Plug the TPS harness back onto the throttle body.
- Unplug the stock crank position sensor connector. This is a BLACK, 2 pin connector located on the right side of the motorcycle near the ABS valve.
- Connect the PC6 in-line of the stock CPS and wiring harness.
- Using the supplied Positap connect the BLUE/ WHT wire of the PC6 to the GREEN/RED wire of the stock gear position sensor.
This is a BLACK, 3 pin connector on the left side of the engine. This step does not need to be done if you do not plan on making any adjustments dependent on gear position.
- Secure the PC6 in the tail section using the supplied velcro.
- Reinstall the fuel tank, bodywork and seat.
2191 MENDENHALL DRIVE, NORTH LAS VEGAS, NV 89081 – 800-992-4993 – DYNOJET.COM
© 2018-2022 DYNOJET RESEARCH ALL RIGHTS RESERVED