DYNOJET PC6-20009 Power Commander 6 User Manual
- 1 POWER COMMANDER 6
- 1 INSTALLATION GUIDE
- 1 USB CABLE
- 2 DYNOJET DECALS
- 2 POWER COMMANDER DECALS
- 2 VELCRO STRIPS
- 1 ALCOHOL SWAB
PLEASE READ ALL DIRECTIONS BEFORE STARTING INSTALLATION. THE IGNITION MUST BE TURNED OFF BEFORE INSTALLATION.
INPUT 1 INPUT 1 INPUT 2
OPTIONAL ACCESSORY INPUTS
(Input 1 or 2) The PC6 has the ability to hold 2 different base maps. You can switch on the fly between these two base maps when you hook up a switch to the MAP inputs. You can use any open/close type switch. The polarity of the wires is not important.
(Input 1 or 2) Used for clutch-less full throttle upshifts. Insert the wires from the Dynojet quick shifter into either
Input 1 or Input 2. The polarity of the wires is not important. Set to Input 2 by default.
If your application has a speed sensor then you can tap into the signal side of the sensor and run a wire into this input. This will allow you to calculate gear position in the Control Center Software. Once gear position is setup you can alter your map based on gear position and setup gear dependent kill times when using a quick shifter.
This input is for a 0-5v signal such as engine temp, boost, etc. Once this input is established you can alter your
fuel curve based on this input in the Power Core software.
You can connect a wire to either Input 1 or Input 2 and then the other end to a switch. This switch when engaged (continuity) will only allow the RPM to be raised to a certain limit (set in the software). When released, you will have full RPM.
To input wires into the PC6 first remove the rubber plug on the backside of the unit and loosen the screw for the corresponding input. Using a 22-24 gauge wire, strip about 10mm from its end. Push the wire into the hole of the PC6 until it stops and then tighten the screw. Make sure to reinstall the rubber plug.
NOTE: If you tin the wires with solder it will make inserting them easier.
INSTALLING THE POWER COMMANDER 6
- Remove the main seat and the passenger seat.
- Prop the front of the fuel tank up using the Suzuki prop rod.
- Remove the air box.
The air box does need to be removed to perform this installation but may make it easier as the stock injector connectors can be very difficult to remove.
- Route the PC6 harness from the tail section towards the engine.
- Locate the stock injector connectors. One is BROWN (front cylinder) and one is GREY (rear cylinder). Unplug these connectors from the injectors.
- Plug the connectors from the PC6 in-line of the stock wiring harness and the injectors. Connect the ORANGE wires from the PC6 to the front cylinder and stock BROWN connector. Connect the YELLOW wires from the PC6 to the rear cylinder and stock GREY connector.
- Locate the Throttle Position Sensor connector located on the left side of the throttle body.
- Unplug the connector from the TPS.
- Plug the 3-pin connectors from the PC6 in-line of the TPS and stock wiring harness.
- Attach the ground wire from the PC6 to the negative side of the battery.
- Using the supplied Velcro, install the PC6 in the tail section. Clean both surfaces with the supplied alcohol swab prior to applying the Velcro adhesive.
- Reinstall the air box if it was removed and bolt the fuel tank back down. Install the main seat and the passenger seat.
Download the latest map files from our web site at dynojet.com/tunes. Optional inputs:
Speed input – PINK wire – connector is located in front of the air box – comes from front wheel.
Temperature input – BLACK/BLUE wire of sensor on thermostat housing.
12v source for Autotune – BROWN wire of 3-pin connector for the tail light.
2191 MENDENHALL DRIVE, NORTH LAS VEGAS, NV 89081 – 800-992-4993 – DYNOJET.COM © 2007-2022 DYNOJET RESEARCH ALL RIGHTS RESERVED