DYNOJET 2019-2020 Ducati Panigale V2 Power Commander 6 User Manual
- 1 POWER COMMANDER 6
- 1 INSTALLATION GUIDE
- 1 USB CABLE
- 2 DYNOJET DECALS
- 2 POWER COMMANDER DECALS
- 2 VELCRO STRIPS
- 1 ALCOHOL SWAB
PLEASE READ ALL DIRECTIONS BEFORE STARTING INSTALLATION. THE IGNITION MUST BE TURNED OFF BEFORE INSTALLATION.
INPUT ACCESSORY GUIDE
OPTIONAL ACCESSORY INPUTS
(Input 1 or 2) The PC6 has the ability to hold 2 different base maps. You can switch on the fly between these two base maps when you hook up a switch to the MAP inputs. You can use any open/close type switch. The polarity of the wires is not important.
(Input 1 or 2) Used for clutch-less full throttle upshifts. Insert the wires from the Dynojet quick shifter into either
Input 1 or Input 2. The polarity of the wires is not important. Set to Input 2 by default.
If your application has a speed sensor then you can tap into the signal side of the sensor and run a wire into this input. This will allow you to calculate gear position in the Control Center Software. Once gear position is setup you can alter your map based on gear position and setup gear dependent kill times when using a quick shifter.
This input is for a 0-5v signal such as engine temp, boost, etc. Once this input is established you can alter your
fuel curve based on this input in the Power Core software.
You can connect a wire to either Input 1 or Input 2 and then the other end to a switch. This switch when engaged (continuity) will only allow the RPM to be raised to a certain limit (set in the software). When released, you will have full RPM.
To input wires into the PC6 first remove the rubber plug on the backside of the unit and loosen the screw for the corresponding input. Using a 22-24 gauge wire, strip about 10mm from its end. Push the wire into the hole of the PC6 until it stops and then tighten the screw. Make sure to reinstall the rubber plug.
NOTE: If you tin the wires with solder it will make inserting them easier.
INSTALLING THE POWER COMMANDER 6
- Remove the rider’s seat and remove the left and right side mid-fairings.
- Prop the fuel tank up.
- Using the supplied Velcro, secure the PC6 module to the body work under the rider’s seat on the right side of the frame. Make sure to use the supplied alcohol swab to clean both surfaces before attaching the Velcro.
- Route the PC6 wiring harness forward along the inside of right frame rail.
- Route the PC6 harness branch with the pair of 3-pin connectors and the single ground wire with the 6mm ring lug across the back of the air box and down the left side of the bike.
- Route the other branch with the round connectors down the right side of the bike towards the ECU compartment.
- Locate Crank Position Sensor. Cut the zip tie holding the connector in place. Unplug the connector This is a BLACK 3-pin connector on the left side of the bike, below the bike’s battery.
- Plug the PC6 wiring harness in-line of the stock Crank Position Sensor connectors. You will need to relocate the connectors closer to the rear of the battery, behind the coolant hose.
- Secure the ground wire of the PC6 wiring harness with the 6mm ring lug to the engine case bolt.
- Remove the lid of the ECU compartment on the right side of the bike.
- Remove the ECU.
- Remove the three bolts that secure the entire ECU compartment to the frame. This should allow you to pull the entire ECU compartment away from the bike so that you can access the bike’s fuel injector wiring harness on the right side of the air box.
- Locate and unplug the stock fuel injector wiring harness from the right side of the bike’s air box.
- Plug the PC6 wiring harness in-line of the stock fuel injector wiring harness connectors.
- Reinstall the ECU compartment, the ECU, the lid, the seats, the fuel tank, and all body work.
Download the latest map files from our web site at dynojet.com/tunes.
Note: The PC6 does NOT override the stock closed loop area. This PC6 only allows for tuning the fuel tables in “Cylinder Advanced” mode. You will see fuel tables for Cylinders 1-4, even though this is only a two cylinder bike model.
The Cylinder 1 fuel table will adjust the fueling of the Front Cylinder’s Primary Fuel Injector. The Cylinder 2 fuel table will adjust the fueling of the Rear Cylinder’s Primary Fuel Injector. The Cylinder 3 fuel table will adjust the fueling of the Front Cylinder’s Secondary Fuel Injector. The Cylinder 4 fuel table will adjust the fueling of the Rear Cylinder’s Secondary Fuel injector.
2191 MENDENHALL DRIVE, NORTH LAS VEGAS, NV 89081 – 800-992-4993 – DYNOJET.COM © 2019-2022 DYNOJET RESEARCH ALL RIGHTS RESERVED