IMOU B09W24KP3V Security Indoor Camera User Manual
- Power On the Camera
Connect the camera to power (see part 1).
- Get the Imou Life App
Scan the QR code on part 2 or search for “Imou Life” to download and install the app. Create an account and log in.
- Set Up the Camera
Scan the QR code on the body of the device or on the cover of this guide with the app, and then follow on-screen instructions to complete the setup (see part 3).
- Install the Camera
Make sure the mounting surface is strong enough to hold three times the weight of the camera. For detailed installation process, please see part 4.
Legal and Regulatory Information Legal Considerations
This product can be regulated by laws that vary from country to country. Check the laws in your local region before using it.
Every care has been taken in the preparation of this document. Please contact us through the following contact information of any inaccuracies or omissions. Imou shall not be held responsible for any technical or typographical errors and reserves the right to make changes to the product and manuals without prior notice. Imou makes no warranty of any kind with regard to the material contained within this document, including, but not limited to, the implied warranties of merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose. Imou shall not be liable or responsible for incidental or consequential damages in connection with the furnishing, performance or use of this material. This product is only to be used for its intended purpose.
Intellectual Property Rights
Imou retains all intellectual property rights relating to technology embodied in the product described in this document.
This equipment must be installed and used in strict accordance with the instructions given in the user documentation. This equipment contains no user-serviceable components. Unauthorized equipment changes or modifications will invalidate all applicable regulatory certifications and approvals.
is the registered trademark or trademark application of Imou in various jurisdictions. All other company names and products are trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective companies.
Regulatory Information European Directives Compliance
This product complies with the applicable CE marking directives and standards:
- Low Voltage (LVD) Directive 2014/35/EU.
- Electromagnetic Compatibility (EMC) Directive 2014/30/EU.
- Restrictions of Hazardous Substances (RoHS) Directive 2011/65/EU and its amending Directive (EU) 2015/863.
A copy of the original declaration of conformity may be obtained from Imou. The most up to date copy of the signed EU Declaration of Conformity (DoC) can be downloaded from: https://en.imoulife.com/support/downloadCenter/eudoc. CE-Electromagnetic Compatibility (EMC) This digital equipment is compliant with Class B according to EN 55032. CE-Safety This product complies with IEC/EN/UL 62368-1, Audio/video, information and communication technology equipment Part 1: Safety requirements and IEC/UL 60950-1: Safety of Information Technology Equipment. Declaration of Conformity CE (Only for the product has RF function) Hereby, Imou declares that the radio equipment is compliant with Radio Equipment Directive (RED) 2014/53/EU. The full text of the EU declaration of conformity is available at the following internet address: https://en.imoulife.com/support/downloadCenter/eudoc.
Declaration of Conformity UKCA
This device complies with UKCA relevant directives and standards.
- Electrical Equipment (Safety) Regulations 2016.
- Electromagnetic Compatibility Regulations 2016.
- The Restriction of the Use of Certain Hazardous Substances in Electrical and Electronic Equipment Regulations 2012.
UK Declaration of Conformity (DoC) can be downloaded from: https://en.imoulife.com/support/downloadCenter/ukdoc. Hereby, Imou declares that the radio equipment is compliant with Radio Equipment Regulations 2017.
USA Regulatory Compliance FCC This device complies with Part 15 of the FCC Rules. Operation is subject to the following two conditions: (1) This device may not cause harmful interference. (2) This device must accept any interference received, including interference that may cause undesired operation. Attention that changes or modification not expressly approved by the party responsible for compliance could void the user’s authority to operate the equipment. Note: This product has been tested and found to comply with the limits for a Class B digital device, pursuant to Part 15 of the FCC Rules. These limits are designed to provide reasonabl e protection against harmful interference in a residential installation. This product generates, uses, and can radiate radio frequency energy and, if not installed and used in accordance with the instructions, may cause harmful interference to radio communications. However, there is no guarantee that interference will not occur in a particular installation. If this product does cause harmful interference to radio or television reception, which can be determined by turning the equipment off and on, the user is encouraged to try to correct the interference by one or more of the following measures:
- Reorient or relocate the receiving antenna.
- Increase the separation between the equipment and receiver.
- Connect the equipment into an outlet on a circuit different from that to which the receiver is connected.
- Consult the dealer or an experienced radio/TV technician for help. FCC SDOC Statement can be downloaded from: https://us.dahuasecurity.com/support/notices/.
RF exposure warning (Only for the product has RF communication function)
This equipment must be installed and operated in accordance with provided instructions and the antenna(s) used for this transmitter must be installed to provide a separation distance of at least 20 cm from all persons and must not be co-located or operating in conjunction with any other antenna or transmitter. End-users and installers must be provided with antenna installation instructions and transmitter operating conditions for satisfying RF exposure compliance. This equipment should be installed and operated with a minimum distance 20cm between the radiator and your body. Canada Regulatory Compliance ICES-003 This Class B digital apparatus complies with Canadian ICES -003. Cet appareil numérique de la classe B est conforme à la norme NMB-003 du Canada. This device complies with Industry Canada licence-exempt RSS standard(s). Operation is subject to the following two conditions: (1) This device may not cause interference, and (2) This device must accept any interference, including interference that may cause undesired operation of the device. RF exposure warning (Only for the product has RF communication function) This equipment should be installed and operated with a minimum distance 20cm between the radiator and your body. Cet équipement doit être installé et utilisé à une distance minimale de 20 cm entre le radiateur et votre corps. Under Industry Canada regulations, this radio transmitter may only operate using an antenna of a type and maximum (or lesser) gain approved for the transmitter by Industry Canada. To reduce potential radio interference to other users, the antenna type and its gain should be so chosen that the equivalent isotropically radiated power (e.i.r.p.) is not more than that necessary for successful communication. The following safety guide is only applicable to products which support 5 GHz Wi-Fi. The device for operation in the band 5150-5250 MHz is only for indoor use to reduce the potential for harmful interference to co-channel mobile satellite systems.
Japan Regulatory Compliance VCCI These products comply with the requirements of VCCI Class B Information Technology Equipment.
Batteries Correct disposal of batteries in this product
This marking on the battery indicates that the batteries in this product should not be disposed of with other household waste at the end of their working life. Where marked, the chemical symbols Hg, Cd or Pb indicate that the battery contains mercury, cadmium or lead above the reference levels in Directive 2006/66/EC and its amending Directive 2013/56/EU. If batteries are not properly disposed of, these substances can cause harm to human health or the environment.
⚠ CAUTION Do not ingest battery. Chemical Burn Hazard. This product contains a coin cell battery. If the coin cell battery is swallowed, it can cause severe internal burns in just 2 hours and can lead to death. Keep new and used batteries away from children. If the battery compartment does not close securely, stop using the product and keep it away from children. If you think batteries might have been swallowed or placed inside any part of the body, seek immediate medical attention.
⚠ CAUTION Risk of explosion if the battery is replaced by an incorrect type. Do not throw or immerse into water, heat to more than 100°C (212°F), repair or disassemble, leave in an extremely low air pressure environment or extremely high-temperature environment, crush, puncture, cut or incinerate. Dispose of the battery as required by local ordinances or regulations. Safety The product complies with IEC/UL 60950-1, Information Technology Equipment Safety Part 1: General Requirements; or complies with IEC/EN/UL 62368-1, Audio/video, information and communication technology equipment Part 1: Safety requirements. If the power supply to the product is from external power adaptor without connecting to AC Mains, and the product is not shipped with power adaptor, customers are required to use the external power adaptor that must fulfill the requirements for Safety Extra Low Voltage (SELV) and Limited Power Source (LPS). Waste Electrical and Electronic Equipment (WEEE) statements Disposal and Recycling When this product has reached the end of its useful life, dispose of it according to local laws and regulations. For information about your nearest designated collection point, contact your local authority responsible for waste disposal. In accordance with local legislation, penalties may be applicable for incorrect disposal of this waste.
This symbol means that the product shall not be disposed of together with household or commercial waste. Directive 2012/19/EU on waste electrical and electronic equipment (WEEE) is applicable in the European Union member states. To prevent potential harm to human health and the environment, the product must be disposed of in an approved and environmentally safe recycling process. For information about your nearest designated collection point, contact your local authority responsible for waste disposal. Businesses should contact the product supplier for information about how to dispose of this product correctly.
Privacy Protection Notice
As the device user or possible data controller, you might collect personal data of others such as face, fingerprints, car plate number, Email address, phone number, GPS and so on. You need to be in compliance with the local privacy protection laws and regulations to protect the legitimate rights and interests of other people by implementing measures, including but not limited to: providing clear and visible identification to inform data subject the existence of surveillance area and providing related contact.
About the Manual
- The manual is for reference only. If there is inconsistency between the manual and the actual product, the actual product shall prevail.
- We are not liable for any loss caused by the operations that do not comply with the manual.
- The manual would be updated according to the latest laws and regulations of related jurisdictions. For detailed information, refer to the paper manual, CD-ROM, QR code or our official website. If there is inconsistency between paper manual and the electronic version, the electronic version shall prevail.
- All the designs and software are subject to change without prior written notice. The product updates might cause some differences between the actual product and the manual. Please contact the customer service for the latest program and supplementary documentation.
- There still might be deviation in technical data, functions and operations description, or errors in print. If there is any doubt or dispute, we reserve the right of final explanation.
- Upgrade the reader software or try other mainstream reader software if the manual (in PDF format) cannot be opened.
- All trademarks, registered trademarks and the company names in the manual are the properties of their respective owners.
- Please visit our website, contact the supplier or customer service if there is any problem occurring when using the device.
- If there is any uncertainty or controversy, we reserve the right of final explanation.
Should you require any technical assistance, please contact your Imou distributor. If your questions cannot be answered immediately, your distributor will forward your queries through the appropriate channels to ensure a rapid response. If you are connected to the Internet, you can:
- Download user documentation and software updates.
- Search by product, category, or phrase.
- Report problems to Imou support staff by logging in to your private support area.
- Chat with Imou support staff.
- GET WIFI FREQUENCY & MAX ERIP FROM IMOU SUPPORT: https://en.imoulife.com/support/productManual/dataSheet (Only for the product has RF function).
- Visit Imou Support at https://en.imoulife.com/support/help.
Manufacturer: Hangzhou Huacheng Network Technology Co.,Ltd.
Address: Room 412, Building 2, No.2930, Nanhuan Road, Binjiang District, Hangzhou, China
Email: [email protected]
Authorised representative established within the EU: Imou Network Technology Netherlands B.V.
Address: Louis Braillelaan 80, 2719EK Zoetermeer, the Netherlands
Important Safeguards and Warnings
This Chapter describes the contents covering proper handling of the device, hazard prevention, and prevention of property damage. Read these contents carefully before using the device, comply with them when using, and keep it well for future reference.
The following categorized signal words with defined meaning might appear in the manual.
- Abide by local electrical safety standards to ensure that the voltage is stable and complies with the power supply requirement of the device.
- Transport, use, and store the device under the allowed humidity and temperature conditions. Refer to the corresponding technical specifications of device for specific working temperature and humidity.
- Do not place the device in a location exposed to dampness, dust, extreme hot or cold, strong electronic radiation, or unstable lighting condtions.
- Do not install the device in a place near the heat source, such as radiator, heater, furnace, or other heat generating device to avoid fire.
- Prevent liquid from flowing into the device to avoid damage to internal components.
- Install the device horizontally or install on the stable place to pre vent it from falling.
- Install the device in a well-ventilated place, and do not block the ventilation of the device.
- Do not disassemble the device arbitrarily.
- Avoid heavy stress, violent vibration, and soaking during during transportation, storage, and installation. Complete package is necessary during the transportation.
- Use the factory package or the equivalent for transportation.
Low battery power affects the operation of the RTC, causing it to reset at every power-up. When the battery needs replacing, a log message will appear in the product’s server report. For more information about the server report, see the product´s setup pages or contact Imou support.
Risk of explosion if the battery is incorrectly replaced. Replace only with an identical battery or a battery which is recommended by Imou. Dispose of used batteries according to local regulations or the battery manufacturer’s instructions.