deco chef DCAIRD12BLK 12.7QT Digital Air Fryer Oven, with 3 Racks User Manual
Air Fryer, Rotisserie, Dehydrator & More
The air fryer is the first all-in-one unit that air fryer, roasts, grills and Bakes all or your Favorite foods with little or no oil.
Before You Begin
It is very important that you read this entire manual, Making certain that you are totally familiar with its Operation and precautions.
- Read all instructions.
- Do not touch hot surfaces. Use handles or knobs.
- To protect against electrical shock do not immerse cord, plugs, or (state specific part or parts in question) in water or other liquid.
- Close supervision is necessary when any appliance is used by or near children.
- Unplug from outlet when not in use and before cleaning. Allow to cool before putting on or taking off parts.
- Do not operate any appliance with a damaged cord Or plug or after the appliance malfunctions or has been damaged in any manner. Return appliance to the nearest authorized service facility for examination, repair, or adjustment.
- The use of accessory attachments not recommended by the appliance manufacturer may cause injuries.
- Do not use outdoors.
- Do not let cord hang over edge of table or counter, or touch hot surfaces.
- Do not place on or near a hot gas or electric burner, or in a heated oven.
- Extreme caution must be used when moving an appliance containing hot oil or other hot liquids.
- Always attach plug to appliance first, then plug cord into the wall outlet. To disconnect, turn any control to “off”, then remove plug from wall outlet.
- Do not use appliance for other than intended use. 14. Save these Instructions.
This appliance has a polarized plug (one blade is wider than the other). To reduce the risk of electric shock, this plug is intended to fit into a polarized outlet only one way. If the plug does not fit fully into the outlet, reverse the plug. If it still does not fit, contact a qualified electrician. Do not attempt to modify the plug in any way.
This unit not only cooks your favorite fried foods, but also broils and bakes many other favorites like burgers, calzones, and doughnuts. It couldn’t be Easier. 8 one touch preset modes set the time and temperature for some of your favorites like crispy shrimp, fries, and southern style chicken. Plus a rotisserie and a dehydrator preset that preserves fresh fruits and other foods for future use. You and your family will enjoy many years of great tasting food with this versatile air fryer.
When using electrical appliances, basic safety precautions should always be followed, including:
- NEVER IMMERSE the Main Unit Housing, which contains electrical components and heating elements, in water. Do not rinse under the tap.
- TO AVOID ELECTRICAL SHOCK, DO NOT put liquid of any kind into the Main Unit Housing containing the electrical components.
- If the plug does not fit fully into the outlet, reverse the plug.
If it still does not fit, contact a qualified electrician.
DON NOT ATTEMPT to modify the plug in any way.
- MAKE SURE the appliance is plugged into a wall socket. Always make sure that the plug is inserted into the wall socket properly.
- To prevent food contact with the interior upper screen and heat element, DO NOT OVERFILL the Rotating Mesh Basket.
- DO NOT COVER the Air Intake Vent or Air Outlet Vent while the air fryer is operating. Doing so will prevent even cooking and may damage the Unit or cause it to overheat.
- NEVER POUR oil into the Rotating Mesh Basket. Fire and personal injury could result.
- While cooking, the internal temperature of the Unit reaches several hundred degrees Centigrade. TO AVOID PERSONAL INJURY, never place hands inside the Unit unless it is thoroughly cooled down.
- This appliance is NOT INTENDED FOR USE by persons with reduced physical, sensory, or mental capabilities, or lack of experience and knowledge, unless they are UNDER THE SUPERVISION of a responsible or have been given proper instruction in using the appliance. This appliance is NOT INTENDED FOR USE by children.
- When cooking, DO NOT PLACE the appliance against A wall or against other appliances. Leave at least 5″ free space on the back and sides and above the appliance. Do Not place anything on top of the appliance.
- DO NOT USE this Unit if the plug, the power cord, or the appliance itself is damaged in any way.
- DO NOT PLACE The Unit on stovetop surfaces.
- If the power cord is damaged, YOU MUST HAVE IT REPLACED by the manufacturer, its service agent, or a similarly qualified person in order to avoid hazard.
- Keep the appliance and its power cord OUT OF THE REACH of children when it is in operation or in the “cooling down” process.
- KEEP THE POWER CORD AWAY from hot surfaces. DO NOT PLUG in the power cord or operate the Unit controls with wet hands.
- NEVER CONNECT this appliance to an external timer switch or separate remote-control system.
- NEVER USE this appliance with extension cord of any kind.
- DO NOT OPERATE this appliance on or near combustible materials such as tablecloths and curtains.
- DO NOT USE the air fryer for any purpose other than described in this manual.
- NEVER OPERATE the appliance unattended.
- When in operation, air is released through the Air Outlet Vent. KEEP YOUR HANDS AND FACE at a safe distance from the Air Outlet Vent. Also avoid the air while removing the Rotating Mesh Basket from the appliance.
- The Unit’s outer surfaces may become hot during use. The Rotating Mesh Basket WILL BE HOT. Wear Oven Mitts, or use the fetch tool when handling hot components. Wear Oven mitts when handling hot surfaces.
- Should the Unit emit black smoke, UNPLUG IMMEDIATELY and wait for smoking to stop before removing air fryer contents.
- When time has run out, cooking will stop but the fan WILL CONTINUE RUNNING for 20 seconds to “cool down” the Unit.
- Always operate the appliance on a horizontal surface that is level, stable, and non-combustible.
- This appliance is intended for normal household use only. It is not intended for use in commercial or retail environments.
If the Air fryer is used improperly or for professional or semi- professional purposes or if it is not used according to the instructions in the user manual, the warranty becomes invalid and we will not be held liable for damages. .
- Always unplug the appliance after use.
- Let the appliance cool down for approximately 30 minutes before handling, cleaning, or storing.
- Make sure the ingredients prepared in this Unit come out cooked to a golden-yellow color rather than dark or brown. Remove burnt remnants.
Should the inner temperature control system fail, the overheating protection system will be activated and the Unit will not function. Should this happen, unplug the power cord. Allow time for the UNIT to cool completely before restarting or storing.
The appliance has a built in “shut-off” device, that will automatically shut down the unit when the Timer LED reaches zero. You can manually switch off the appliance by selecting the Power Button. The fan will continue running for 20 seconds to “cool down” the unit.
If the electrical circuit is overloaded with other appliances, your new unit may not operate properly. It should be operated on a dedicated electrical circuit.
Electromagnetic Fields (EMF)
This appliance complies with all standards regarding electromagnetic fields (EMF). If handled properly and according to the instructions in this user manual, the appliance is safe to use based on scientific evidence available today.
SAVE THESE INSTRUCTIONS -FOR HOUSEHOLD USE ONLY.
Rotisserie Air Fryer Parts & Accessories
- Main Unit
- Rotating basket
- chicken fork
- Rotisserie Shaft,
- Fetch rack
- Skewers (10)
- Adjustable Skewers Racks (2)
- Oil tray
- Dehydrating rack
2. Rotating Basket
Great for fries, roasting nuts and other snacks. Use Rotisserie Fetch Tool to place basket into Unit..
3 & 4 Rotisserie Shaft, Forks & Set Screws Use for roasts and whole chicken. Force shaft Lengthwise through meat and center. Slide forks onto shaft from either end into meat, then lock in place with set screws. There are Indentations on the shaft for the set screws. You can adjust the screws closer to the middle if needed but never but never outward towards the ends. NOTE: Make sure roast or chicken is not too large to rotate freely within the air fryer. Maximum Chicken or Roast, 3.5-4 lb.
5. Rotisserie Fetch Tool
Use to remove cooked roasts and chicken that have been prepared using the rotisserie or skewer methods. Place under Rotisserie Shaft and lift, left side first then gently extract the food.
6. Skewers (*Optional )
Great for all your kabob recipes, meat, fish or veggies.
7. Adjustable Skewer Rack (*Optional)
Used when making kabobs. Skewer Racks fit over Shaft and lock in place with Set Screws.
8. Oil Tray
Cook with the Drip Pan in place for easy clean ups.
Can be used not only for dehydration but also to cook Crispy snacks or reheat items like pizza.
Please make sure that you rotisserie air fryer has been shipped with the components that you ordered (as some accessories may be sold separately). Check everything carefully before use. If any part is missing or damaged , do not sure this product. Contact shipper using the customer service number located in the back of owner’s manual. NOTE: Some accessories may not be included with the purchase.
Forks, Skewers and other metal parts with this unit are sharp and will get extremely hot during use. Great care should be taken to avoid personal injury. Wear mitts or gloves
Using the Digital Control Panel
- 1. Power on/off & start button
– Once the power is turned on, the power button will light up. Pressing the power button once will make the entire panel glow, and selecting the power button a second time will activate the cooking process. During the cooking process, pressing the power button will turn off the unit. The fan will continue to run for 20 seconds to “cool down” the device.
- 2.Internal Light
– This button will help you check the cooking progress while the appliance is running. Note: Opening the door during cooking will pause the unit. If the door is open, the internal light will come on.
- 3. Rotate Button
– Select this button when cooking anything using barbecue mode. The function can be used with any preset. The icon will flash when in use.
- 4. Time Control Button
– Use these buttons to increase or decrease the cooking temperature at 10 intervals from 150 to 400. (Except dehydrator mode)
- 5. Temperature Control Button
– These buttons allow you to select the cooking time accurate to every minute. Except for the dried fruit mode, all modes are 1-60 minutes. The interval between dried fruits is 30 minutes and the operating time is 2-24 hours.
- 6.LED Digital Display – During the cooking process, the digital display will switch between the temperature and the remaining time.
- 7-14. Cooking Presets
– Choosing any of them will set the time and temperature as the default settings for specific foods. You can use the time and temperature buttons to change these presets and view the cooking presets on the next page.
- 15.Working Indicate Lights
– During the cooking process, these lights will flash one after another, and will continue to flash for 20 seconds once turned off.
* Cooking time for while roasted chicken will vary with weight. Use meat thermometer to check internal temperature as per chart below.
|7. French Fries
|4 hrs. (*2-24 hrs.)
Using the Rotisserie Air Fryer Without Presets
Once you are familiar with the Rotisserie air fryer you may want to experiment with your own.
Never use a cooking vessel filled with cooking oil or any other liquid with this unit ! Fire hazard or personal injury could result.
General Operating Instructions
Before using the Rotisserie air fryer for the first time
- Read all material and warning stickers and labels.
- Remove all packing materials, labels and stickers.
- Wash all parts and accessories used in the cooking process with warm soapy water.
NOTE: Only the accessories are dishwasher safe.
- Wipe the inside and outside of the cooking Unit with a clean moist cloth.
NOTE: Never wash or submerge the cooking Unit in water.
NOTE: When using this unit, never fill any cooking vessel with oil or liquid of any kind. This Unit cooks with hot air only.
Preparing for Use
- Place the appliance on a stable, level, horizontal and heat resistant surface.
- Select the cooking accessory for your recipe.
A Versatile Appliance
The Rotisserie Air Fryer is designed to cook a wide variety of your favorite foods. The charts and tables provided within this manual and the Recipe Guide will help you get great results. Please refer to this information for proper time/temperature settings and proper food quantities.
- NEVER put anything on top of the appliance.
- NEVER cover the air vents on the top and back of the cooking Unit .
- NEVER fill any cooking vessel with oil or liquid of any kind. This Unit cooks with hot air only.
- NEVER use the air fryer door as a place to rest a hot Fry Basket filled with food. The Hot Fry Basket could damage the air fryer door or cause the Unit to tip. Personal injury could result.
- ALWAYS use mitts when removing hot air flow racks.
Cooking with the Rotisserie Air Fryer
- Place the ingredients on Air Flow Rack, one of the Rotisserie accessories, or in the Rotating Mesh Basket.
- Put the Air Flow Rack, Rotating Mesh Basket or Rotisserie Spit, into the unit and shut the air fryer door. Plug the power cord into the 120V, dedicated outlet.
- When Rotating Mesh Basket or Rotisserie and food is in place, Press the Power Button once (page 8)
- Select a Preset function as shown on page 8 or manually set the Temperature and then the Time (page 8 fig.4,5,6,7). Refer to the detailed Control Panel instructions on page 8.
- Press the Power Button to begin cooking cycle.
NOTE: You may open the air fryer door to view the rotisserie at any time during the process to check the progress. NOTE: Consult the Charts in this manual or the Recipe Guide to determine the correct settings.
- Foods that are smaller in size usually require a slightly shorter cooking time than large ones.
- Large quantities of food only require a slightly longer cooking time than smaller quantities.
- “Flipping” or turning smaller sized foods halfway through the cooking process, assures that all the pieces are evenly fired.
- Misting a bit of vegetable oil to fresh potatoes is suggested for a crispier result. When adding a little oil, do so just before cooking.
- Snacks normally cooked in air fryer can also be cooked in the Rotisserie air fryer.
- Use pre-made dough to prepare filled snacks quickly and easily. Pre-make dough also requires a shorter cooking time than homemade dough.
- Place a baking tin or air fryer dish in the Rotisserie air fryer when baking a cake or quiche. A tin or dish is also suggested when cooking fragile or filled foods..
- You can use the Rotisserie air fryer to reheat foods. Simply set the temperature to 300
Removing the Cooked or Hot Food When removing cooked or hot food use the Rotisserie Fetch Tool. Or Mitts. Fetch Tool can also be used with Rotisserie Spit.
- During the cooking process, the Rotating Mesh Basket and
other accessories will become very hot. When you remove it to check on the progress, make sure you have a trivet or a heat resistant surface nearly to set it down on. NEVER place . the Rotating Mesh Basket directly on a counter top or table.
- Cooking accessories will get hot during the air frying process. Wear mitts and handle with care to AVOID INJURY.
Using the Accessories
Place Air Flow Racks into Unit
- Insert Drip Tray into bottom of the Unit.
- Place Air Flow Rocks into Unit by sliding through the
side grooves and onto the back lip (fig. A)
- Place Air Flow Racks closer to the top heating element for faster cooking and added crisp (fig. B).
- Rotate the Air Flow Racks mid-cycle for even cooking.
Rotisserie Shaft & Skewers Racks
- Place the two Skewer Racks at each end of the Rotisserie Shaft. Make sure the Set Screws are on the outer side of the Rotisserie Shaft.
- Slightly tighten Set Screws. Do not over tighten as you may need to adjust the tightness after you insert the Skewers.
- Carefully poke Skewers through food.
Rotisserie Spit Assembly
- Insert each Skewer point through holes on the left Skewer Rack (fig. C).
- Squeeze the clip-end of each Skewer as you insert into the opposite Skewer Rack slot to secure.
- Release clip to securely rest in slot as shown (fig. D).
- Repeat process 3 through 6 in a uniform manner around the Skewer Rack. Make sure Skewers are evenly spaced.
- Tighten the Set Screws to make sure they are securely in place.
- Use caution while inserting the Spit into the Unit to prevent getting poked by the Skewer ends..
Placing Rotisserie Spit or Rotating Mesh Basket into Unit
- Insert the left side of the assembled Spit or Basket first into the Rotisserie Shaft socket. Be sure the Rotisserie Shaft is in place to engage rotation (fig. E).
- Place the right side onto the hanger(fig. F).
Removing Rotisserie Spit or Rotating Basket from Unit
- Open Unit door to pause cooking cycle or turn Unit off by pressing the Power Button.
- Insert Rotisserie Fetch tool beneath the Rotisserie Shaft
- Lift the right side of the Rotisserie Fetch tool at a slight angle to clear the bracket, then shift the right until the left side of the Shaft slides out of the Rotisserie
- Carefully remove the rotisserie food from the air fryer
Cleaning & Storage
Clean the Rotisserie air fryer after each use. The Rotating Mesh Basket and other accessories are made of durable stainless steel and are dishwasher safe.
Never use abrasive cleaning materials or utensils on these surfaces. Caked on food should be soaked for easy removal in warm soapy water.
- Remove the power cord from the wall socket and be certain the appliance is thoroughly cooled before cleaning.
- Wipe the outside of the appliance with a warm moist cloth and mild detergent Clean both sides with warm soapy water on a damp cloth. Do not soak or submerge the door in water or wash in the dishwasher.
- Clean the inside of the appliance with hot water, a mild detergent and a nonabrasive sponge.
- If necessary, remove unwanted food residue from the upper screen with a cleaning brush.
- Unplug the appliance and let it cool down thoroughly.
- Make sure all components are clean and dry.
- Place the appliance in the clean, dry place.
|The Rotisserie air fryer does not work
|The appliance is not plugged in.
You have not turned the Unit on, by setting
the preparation time & temperature
|Plug power cord into wall socket.
With basket in place, set the Temperature andTime.Check that door is closed.
|Food not cooked
|The Rotating Mesh Basket is over loaded .
The temperature is set too low.
|Use smaller batches for more even frying .Raise Temperature and continue cooking
|Food is not fried evenly
|Some foods need to be “turned” during the cooking process.
|See General Operations in this manual.
|White smoke coming from Unit
|Oil is being used. Accessories have excess grease residue from previous cooking.
|Wipe down to remove excess oil.
Clean the Rotating Mesh Basket after each use.
|French fries are not fried evenly
|Wrong type of potato being used. Potatoes not rinsed properly during preparation.
|Use fresh, firm potatoes. Use cut sticks and pat dry to remove excess starch.
|Fries are not crispy
|Raw fries have too much water
|Dry potato sticks properly before misting oil. Cut sticks smaller. Add a bit more oil.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Can I prepare foods other than fried dished with my
Rotisserie air fryer?
You can prepare a variety of dishes including steaks, chops, burgers, and baked goods. See the Recipe Guide.
2. Is the Rotisserie air fryer good for making or reheating soups and sauces?
Never cook or reheat liquids in the Rotisserie air fryer.
3. Is it possible to shut off the Unit at any time?
Press the Power Button once or open the door.
4. What do I do if the Unit shuts down while cooking?
As a safety feature, the Rotisserie air fryer has an Auto Shut-Off device that prevents damage from overheating. Unplug and allow the Unit to cool down. Plug back in and restart with the Power Button.
5. Does the Unit need time to heat up?
Pre-heating is needed when you are cooking from a “cold start”, add 3 minutes to the cook time to compensate.
6. Can I check the food during the cooking process?
You can remove the Rotating Mesh Basket at any time while cooking is in progress. During this time, you can “flip” the content son the Air Flow Racks if needed to ensure even cooking. Time and temperature will resume where you left off.
7. Is the Rotisserie air fryer dishwasher safe?
Only the accessories are dishwasher safe. The Unit itself containing the heating coil and electronics should never be submersed in liquid of any kind or cleaned with anything more than a hot, moist cloth or nonabrasive sponge with a small amount of mild detergent.
8. What happens if the Unit still does not work after I have tried all the troubleshooting suggestions?
Never attempt a home repair. Contact the manufacturer and follow the procedures set forth by the warranty. Failure to do so could render your warranty null and void.
Manufacturer’s 1-Year Limited Warranty
The manufacturer warrants that all parts and components are defect free in materials and workmanship for 1 year. This warranty is valid only in accordance with the conditions set
- The warranty extends only to the original consumer purchaser and is not transferable. In addition, proof of purchase must be demonstrated.
- This limited warranty is the only written or express warranty given by the manufacturer. Any implied warranty of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose on this
product is limited in duration to the duration of this warranty. Some states do not allow limitations on how long an implied warranty lasts, so the above limitation may not apply to you.
- This warranty gives you specific legal rights. You may also have other rights which vary by state
Procedure for Replacement or Return within the 1 Year:
To return the product for replacement or refund within the 1 year, the original purchaser must pack the product securely and send it postage paid with a description of the reason for replacement or refund, proof of purchase, and include your order number on the package, to the following address:
80 Carter Drive
Edison, NJ 08817