NOSTALGIA NRHDT2 Pop-Up Hot Dog
Toaster User Manual
All products are trademarks of Nostalgia Products LLC. Worldwide design & utility patented or patents pending.
© 2021 Nostalgia Products LLC.
(rev. 12/21/21 KW)
Pop-Up Hot Dog Toaster
Instructions and Recipes
Make every day a party! Visit www.nostalgiaproducts.com for more fun products.
Your safety and the safety of others is very important.
We have provided many important safety messages in this manual and on your appliance. Always read and obey all safety messages. NOSTALGIA NRHDT2
This is the safety alert symbol. This symbol alerts you to potential hazards that can cause serious injury to you and others. All safety messages will follow the safety alert symbol. All safety messages will tell you what the potential hazard is, tell you how to reduce the chance of injury, and tell you what can happen if the instructions are not followed.
Appliance Specifications: 120 V, 60 Hertz 650 Watts THIS PRODUCT IS FOR USE IN 120V AC OUTLET ONLY. Refer to www.nostalgiaproducts.com/user-manuals/ for the most updated manual.
A person who has not read and understood all operating and safety instructions is not qualified to operate this appliance. All users of this appliance must read and understand this Instruction Manual before operating or cleaning this appliance. NOSTALGIA NRHDT2
When using electrical appliances, basic safety precautions should always be followed, including:
- Read all instructions before operating this appliance.
- DO NOT TOUCH the hot surfaces. Use handles or knobs.
- This appliance is NOT A TOY. NOSTALGIA NRHDT2
- Unsupervised young children and cognitively challenged individuals should never operate this appliance.
- Close supervision is necessary when any appliance is used by or near children.
- To protect against electrical shock do not immerse cord, plug or any part of this appliance in water or other liquids.
- Unplug from outlet when not in use, before removing parts and before cleaning.
Allow to cool before putting on or taking off any parts, and before cleaning.
- DO NOT operate any appliance with a damaged cord or plug, or after the appliance malfunctions, or if the appliance has been damaged in any manner. Return the appliance to the nearest repair shop for examination, repair or adjustment. NOSTALGIA NRHDT2
- The manufacturer does not recommend the use of accessory attachments other than what is provided by the manufacturer. Use of attachments may cause injuries.
- DO NOT use the appliance for other than its intended use.
- DO NOT use outdoors. FOR HOUSEHOLD USE ONLY.
- DO NOT place on or near a hot gas or electric burner, or in a heated oven.
- DO NOT let cord hang over edge of table or counter, or touch hot surfaces.
- NEVER leave unit unattended while in use or when plugged into an outlet.
- Extreme caution must be used when moving an appliance containing hot food. NOSTALGIA NRHDT2
- Always attach plug to appliance first, then plug cord in the wall outlet. To disconnect, turn any control to “off,” then remove plug from wall outlet.
ADDITIONAL IMPORTANT SAFEGUARDS
Operating Safety Precautions
- Oversize foods, metal foil packages or utensils must not be inserted in the toaster, as they may involve a risk of fire or electric shock.
- A fire may occur if the toaster is covered with or touching flammable materials, such as curtains, draperies or walls, when in operation. DO NOT operate under wall cabinets.
- DO NOT attempt to dislodge food when the toaster is plugged into electrical outlet.
- Excess crumbs and pieces of hot dog stuck inside the machine may cause the unit to smoke. NOSTALGIA NRHDT2
To prevent smoking, clean the hot dog basket and empty the crumb catcher after every use.
- If you see or smell smoke or odor, or if this appliance begins to malfunction during use, immediately unplug the cord. Do not attempt to repair a malfunctioning appliance.
Instructions for the Electrical Cord and Plug
- This appliance has a polarized plug (one blade is wider than the other). To reduce the risk of electrical shock, this plug is intended to fit into a polarized outlet only one way. If the plug does not fit fully into the outlet, reverse the plug. If it still does not fit, contact a qualified electrician. Do not attempt to modify the plug in any way.
- A short power supply cord is provided to reduce the risk resulting from becoming entangled or tripping over a long cord.
- If a long detachable power-supply cord or extension cord is used:
• Extension cords can be used if care is exercised in their use. NOSTALGIA NRHDT2
• The marked electrical rating of the cord or extension cord should be at least as great as the electrical rating of the appliance.
• When using a longer cord or extension cord, make sure that
the cord does not drape over a countertop or tabletop where it can be pulled on or tripped over unintentionally.
- The manufacturer does not recommend using this machine in countries that do not support 120V AC even if a voltage adapter, transformer, or converter is in use. NOSTALGIA NRHDT2
SAVE THESE INSTRUCTIONS!
Thank you for purchasing the POP-UP HOT DOG TOASTER from Nostalgia™! The POPUP HOT DOG TOASTER is a fast, fun and convenient way to enjoy hot dogs. This unit holds up to two regular-sized hot dogs OR two thicker hot dogs that plump and two hot dog buns at one time. A fun way for guests of all ages to enjoy delicious hot dogs, the POP-UP HOT DOG TOASTER is perfect for entertaining, as well as a quick meal solution. Now cooking hot dogs is as simple as making toast! NOSTALGIA NRHDT2
PARTS & ASSEMBLY
Your POP-UP HOT DOG TOASTER is fully assembled. NOSTALGIA NRHDT2
HOW TO OPERATE
- Place the POP-UP HOT DOG TOASTER on a stable surface near an electrical outlet before starting.
- Always make sure that the cord is away from any water source. NOSTALGIA NRHDT2
- Plug the appliance into an electrical socket.
- Place two hot dogs into openings in the Hot Dog Basket. Make sure Hot Dog Basket is properly inserted in the toaster.
- Open two hot dog buns and place them in the semi-circle openings.
- Select desired heat setting (1=LOW, 5=HIGH).
- Press lever down to start cooking cycle.
- When cooking has completed, the basket will automatically pop up.
- To shorten the cooking time, simply turn the heat control knob to a lighter setting or all the way to heat setting 1 (LOW).
- To stop cooking before cycle has completed, press the STOP button. NOSTALGIA NRHDT2
- Unplug the appliance and allow unit to cool completely.
- After unit is cool to the touch, remove the Hot Dog Basket and Crumb Catcher and follow directions in Cleaning and Maintenance section to clean unit.
- Return Hot Dog Basket and Crumb Catcher to the toaster and store your POP-UP HOT DOG TOASTER in a safe place until next use.
By following these simple instructions, your POP-UP HOT DOG TOASTER will be fun for friends, family and kids of all ages! NOSTALGIA NRHDT2
HOT DOGS AND BUNS
All hot dogs and buns are not the same; therefore you will need to adjust the variable heat controller accordingly. Room temperature hot dogs and buns will cook more quickly than those just removed from the refrigerator. Hot dogs should have an internal temperature of 165° F after cooking. NOSTALGIA NRHDT2
If the machine is burning or smoking during cooking, press the STOP button to end the cooking cycle. After machine has cooled completely, use tongs to remove the hot dogs and buns. Smoking may also be caused by excess crumbs and pieces of hot dog stuck inside the machine. To prevent smoking, make sure to clean the Hot Dog Basket and empty Crumb Catcher after each use.
CLEANING & MAINTENANCE
Make sure the unit is unplugged before cleaning. Allow all parts to COOL to the touch, especially the Hot Dog Basket, Bun Basket and Crumb Tray. NOSTALGIA NRHDT2
To prolong the life of your POP-UP HOT DOG TOASTER, please follow these simple instructions for maintenance. Never place the appliance in a dishwasher.
- Lift the toaster by the handles only.
- Do not try to remove hot dog or hot dog buns if they get jammed inside the basket without first unplugging the toaster.
- Clean outer surface of the POP-UP HOT DOG TOASTER with a soft damp cloth and only when it is unplugged and completely cooled.
- Use soapy water to clean the basket and tongs before and after use.
- Make sure the POP-UP HOT DOG TOASTER is completely cooled before storing or cleaning.
- Unplug the POP-UP HOT DOG TOASTER before removing the crumb tray from the base. Crumbs in the mechanism must be removed by blowing or gentle shaking. Crumb tray must be cleaned regularly.
- Do not operated toaster without at least one hot dog and/or one bun in place.
- Never use the POP-UP HOT DOG TOASTER without the Hot Dog Basket, Bun Basket, and Crumb Tray in place. NOSTALGIA NRHDT2
Use your POP-UP HOT DOG TOASTER for a quick, easy-to-serve meal:
- A variety of hot dogs and wieners (beef, turkey, veggie, or chicken)
- After cooking hot dogs use toppings such as: relish, diced tomatoes, onions, cheese, guacamole, bacon, chili and more! NOSTALGIA NRHDT2
RETURNS & WARRANTY
SHOULD YOUR UNIT NOT WORK OR IF DAMAGED WHEN YOU FIRST TAKE IT OUT OF THE BOX, PLEASE RETURN IT TO THE PLACE OF PURCHASE IMMEDIATELY.
POP-UP HOT DOG TOASTER / NRHDT2SERIES
Should you have any questions, please contact us via email or at the customer service number listed below between the hours of 8:00 AM and 5:00 PM, Monday through Friday, Central Standard Time. NOSTALGIA NRHDT2
Nostalgia Products LLC 1471 Partnership Dr. Green Bay, WI 54304-5685 Customer Service Phone: (920) 347-9122 Web: www.nostalgiaproducts.com
Customer Service Inquiry
To submit a Customer Service inquiry, go to www.nostalgiaproducts.com and fill out the Customer Service Inquiry form and click the Submit button.
A representative will contact you as soon as possible. NOSTALGIA NRHDT2
Product Warranty Terms
Nostalgia Products LLC (the “Company”) hereby warrants that for a period of one (1) year from the date of original purchase, this product will be free of defects in material and workmanship under normal home use, provided that the product is operated and maintained in accordance with the operating instructions. As the sole and exclusive remedy under this warranty, the Company will at its discretion either repair or replace the product found to be defective, or issue a refund on the product during the warranty period. This warranty is only available to the original retail purchaser of the product from the date of initial retail purchase, and is only valid with the original sales receipt, as proof of purchase date is required to obtain warranty benefits. All warranty claims must be brought to the attention of the Company within the warranty period and no later than 30 days of the failure to perform. This warranty does not cover normal wear or damage caused by shipping, mishandling, misuse, accident, alteration, improper replacement parts, or other than ordinary household use. You may be required to return the product (with shipping prepaid by you) for inspection and evaluation. Return shipping costs are not refundable. The Company is not responsible for returns damaged or lost in transit. Unless otherwise specifically permitted by the operating instructions, this warranty applies to indoor household use only. In order to obtain service under this warranty, please contact the Company at the telephone number listed above or by filling out the Customer Service Inquiry Form located at www.nostalgiaproducts.com. Warranty valid only in USA and Canada.
This warranty is in lieu of all other warranties, expressed or implied, including warranties of merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose, which are hereby excluded to the extent permitted by law. In no event shall the Company be liable for any indirect, incidental, consequential, or special damages arising out of or in connection with this product or the use thereof. Some states, provinces or jurisdictions do not permit the exclusion or limitation of incidental or consequential damages, so the foregoing exclusion or limitation may not apply to you. NOSTALGIA NRHDT2
This warranty does not apply to re-manufactured merchandise.
Please read the operating instructions carefully. Failure to comply with the operating instructions will void this warranty. NOSTALGIA NRHDT2
For more information, visit us online at www.nostalgiaproducts.com. Like us on Facebook at www.facebook.com/NostalgiaElectrics. Follow our boards on Pinterest at www.pinterest.com/nostalgiaelctrx. Tweet along with us on Twitter at www.twitter.com/NostalgiaElctrx.