SUNJOE AJ801E-RM Electric Scarifier Dethatcher
12.6-Inch 12-AMP User Manual
All Operators Must Read These Instructions Before Use
Always follow these safety guidelines. Failure to do so may result in serious bodily injury or death.
General Safety WARNINGS!
When using this electric scarifier + dethatcher, basic safety precautions should always be followed to reduce the risk of fire, electric shock and personal injury. Before using the scarifier + dethatcher, take the time to familiarize yourself with the controls, especially how to stop the machine in an emergency. The only individuals who should use the scarifier + dethatcher are those who have a thorough understanding of the instructions and who know how to operate the machine. Children should never be allowed access to the scarifier + dethatcher. Retain this manual for future reference and reread it at the start of each dethatching session.
- Keep work area clean and well-lit Cluttered, dark areas invite accidents.
- Replacement parts When servicing this unit, use only identical replacement parts. Replace or repair damaged cords immediately.
- Keep children, bystanders, and pets away All spectators, including pets, should be kept a safe distance away from the work area.
- Dress properly Do not wear loose clothing or jewelry as such articles can get caught in moving parts. Wear a protective covering to contain long hair. Wearing rubber gloves and substantial non-slip footwear is recommended when working outdoors.
- Avoid accidental starting Do not carry the scarifier + dethatcher with your finger on the switch. Make sure the switch is off before plugging in the unit.
- Do not force the tool It will perform better with less likelihood of personal or mechanical injury if it is used at the rate for which it is designed.
- Wear personal protective equipment When using this tool, wear safety glasses with side shields or goggles to provide necessary eye protection. Wear ear defenders to prevent hearing damage. Use a face or dust mask if the work environment is dusty.
- Disconnect the tool Disconnect the scarifier + dethatcher from the power supply when it is not in use, before servicing it, when changing accessories, and when performing any other maintenance task.
- Store idle tool indoors When not in use, the scarifier + dethatcher should be stored indoors in a dry and high or locked-up place out of the reach of children.
- Maintain the scarifier + dethatcher with care Keep cutting edges sharp and clean for optimal and safest performance.
Inspect the scarifier + dethatcher cord periodically and if damage is found have it repaired by an authorized service facility. Extension cords should also be inspected periodically and immediately replaced if damaged. Keep handles dry, clean and free from oil and grease.
- Use the right tool Do not use the tool for any job except that for which it is intended.
- Avoid dangerous environments Do not use the scarifier + dethatcher in rain, damp, or wet locations.
- Stay alert Watch what you are doing. Use common sense. Do not operate the scarifier + dethatcher when you are tired or under the influence of drugs, alcohol, or other medication.
- Do not overreach Keep proper footing and balance at all times.
- Check Damaged Parts Before further use of the appliance, a guard or other part that is damaged should be carefully checked to determine that it will operate properly and perform its intended function. Check for alignment of moving parts, binding of moving parts, breakage of parts, mounting, and any other condition that may affect its operation. A guard or other part that is damaged should be properly repaired or replaced. Contact the Snow Joe® + Sun Joe® customer service center at 1-866-SNOWJOE (1-866-766-9563) for assistance.
In a double-insulated appliance, two systems of insulation are provided instead of grounding. No grounding means that it is already provided on a double-insulated appliance. Servicing a double-insulated appliance requires extreme care and knowledge of the system, and should be performed only by qualified service personnel at an authorized Snow Joe® +
SAVE THESE INSTRUCTIONS
THANKS FOR YOUR PURCHASE OR A REMANUFACTURED PRODUCT.
To make sure you get the most out of your product, be sure to register online at sunjoe.com to enjoy full product support.
Sun Joe® dealer. Replacement parts for a double-insulated appliance must be identical to the parts they replace. A double-insulated appliance is marked with the words “Double Insulation” or “Double Insulated.” The symbol (square within a square) may also be marked on the appliance.
DOUBLE-INSULATED: GROUNDING NOT REQUIRED. WHEN SERVICING, USE ONLY IDENTICAL REPLACEMENT PARTS.
This electric scarifier + dethatcher is double-insulated, eliminating the need for a separate grounding system. Use only identical replacement parts. Read the instructions before servicing double-insulated appliances. Use this electric scarifier + dethatcher only as described in this manual.
- Ground fault circuit interrupter (GFCI) protection should be provided on the circuit(s) or outlet(s) to be used for this electric scarifier + dethatcher. Receptacles are available having built-in GFCI protection and may be used for this measure of safety.
- To prevent electric shock, use only with an extension cord suitable for outdoor use, such as SW-A, SOW-A, STW-A, STOW-A, SJW-A, SJOW-A, SJTW-A, or SJTOW-A. Before use, check that the extension cord is in good condition. When using an extension cord, make sure to use one heavy enough to carry the current your product will draw. An undersized cord will cause a drop in line voltage resulting in loss of power and overheating.
- To reduce the risk of electric shock, this appliance has a polarized plug (i.e. one blade is wider than the other). Use this appliance only with a polarized UL-, CSA-, or ETL-listed extension cord recommended for outdoor, all-weather use, such as the Snow Joe® + Sun Joe® SJTW-A 14-gauge 50-foot extension cord with lighted end (Model PJEXT50-B). Visit sunjoe.com to purchase this extension cord online or, to order by phone, call 1-866-SNOWJOE (1-866-766-9563).
The appliance plug will fit into a polarized extension cord only one way. If the appliance plug does not fit fully into the extension cord, reverse the plug. If the plug still does not fit, obtain a correct polarized extension cord. A polarized extension cord will require the use of a polarized wall outlet. The extension cord plug will fit into the polarized wall outlet only one way. If the plug does not fit fully into the wall outlet, reverse the plug. If the plug still does not fit, contact a qualified electrician to install the proper wall outlet. Do not modify the appliance plug, extension cord receptacle, or extension cord plug in any way.
- To prevent the appliance cord from disconnecting from the extension cord during operation, use the onboard extension cord restraint hook and/or make a knot with the two cords as shown in Table 1.
- Do not abuse the cord. Never pull the scarifier + dethatcher by the cord or yank the cord to disconnect it from the receptacle. Keep the cord away from heat, oil, and sharp edges.
Safety Instructions for Walk-Behind Scarifier + Dethatchers
- Read, understand and follow all instructions on the machine and in the manual(s) before starting.
- Thoroughly inspect the area where the equipment is to be used and remove all foreign objects.
⚠ WARNING! Foreign objects in the work area can be picked up by the scarifier + dethatcher and launched into your eyes, which can result in severe personal injury. In addition to surveying the area and removing foreign objects before beginning work, always wear safety goggles or safety glasses with side shields and, when necessary, a full face shield.
- Use the electric scarifier + dethatcher only in daylight or good artificial light.
- Do not operate the equipment without wearing adequate outer garments. Wear protective footwear that will improve footing on slippery surfaces.
- Use extension cords and receptacles as specified by the manufacturer for all units with electric drive motors or electric starting motors (see extension cord chart on page 2).
- Never attempt to make any adjustments while the motor is running.
- Never operate the scarifier + dethatcher in wet grass. Always be sure of your footing; walk, never run, with the machine.
- Do not put hands or feet near or under rotating parts.
- Exercise extreme caution when operating on or crossing gravel drives, walks or roads. Stay alert for hidden hazards or traffic.
- Exercise caution to avoid slipping or falling.
- Stop the motor and disconnect the power supply when leaving the operating position, before unclogging the tines and when repairing, adjusting, inspecting or performing any other maintenance on the machine.
- Take all necessary precautions when leaving the machine unattended. Stop the motor and remove the power cord.
- Before cleaning, repairing or inspecting the unit, shut off the motor, disconnect the power supply and wait until all moving parts have come to a complete stop.
- Never operate the machine without proper guards, plates or other safety protective devices in place and in proper working order.
- Keep children and pets away.
- Do not overload the machine capacity by attempting to dethatch too deep at too fast a rate.
- Never operate the machine at high transport speeds on hard or slippery surfaces.
- Never allow bystanders near the unit when operating.
- Use only attachments and accessories approved by the manufacturer of the machine.
- Never operate the machine without good visibility or light.
- Be careful when cultivating in hard ground. The tines may catch in the ground and propel the machine forward. If this occurs, let go of the handlebars and the starting lever and do not restrain the machine.
- Use extreme caution when reversing or pulling the machine towards you.
- Stop the tines if the machine has to be tilted for transportation. Do not operate the tines when crossing surfaces other than grass, and when transporting the product to and from the working area.
- Do not tilt the machine when switching on the motor, except if the product has to be tilted for starting. In this case, do not tilt it more than absolutely necessary and lift only the part which is away from the operator.
- Do not start the motor when standing in front of the discharge opening.
- Switch on the motor carefully according to the instructions and keep your feet clear of the rotating tines.
- Never pick up or carry the machine while the motor is running.
- Stop the motor and disconnect the machine from the power supply: before clearing blockages or unclogging the discharge opening; before checking, cleaning or working on the machine; after striking a foreign object. Inspect the machine for damage and make repairs before restarting and operating the machine; if the machine starts to vibrate abnormally (check immediately). whenever you leave the machine.
- Never use the scarifier + dethatcher without the thatch collection bag securely fitted.
- WARNING! Beware of sharp tines. Tines continue to rotate after the motor is switched off.
Slopes are major factors related to slip and fall accidents, which can result in severe injury. Operation on all slopes requires extra caution. If you feel uneasy on a slope, do not dethatch it.
- Dethatch across the face of slopes; never dethatch slopes following an up and down traverse. Exercise extreme caution when changing direction on a slope.
- Watch for holes, ruts, bumps, rocks or other hidden objects. These may cause an unexpected slip or fall.
- Do not dethatch on wet grass or excessively steep slopes. Poor footing could cause a slip and fall accident.
- Do not dethatch near drop offs, ditches or embankments. You could lose your footing or balance.
Tragic accidents can occur if the operator is not alert to the presence of children. Children are often attracted to the machine and the dethatching activity. Never assume that children will remain where you last saw them.
- Keep children out of the dethatching area and under the watchful care of a responsible adult other than the operator.
- Stay alert and turn the dethatched off if a child enters the area.
- Never let children operate the machine.
- Use extra care when approaching blind corners, shrubs, trees or other objects that may block your view of a child.
Vibration + Noise Reduction
To reduce the impact of noise and vibration emission, limit the time of operation, use low-vibration and low-noise operating modes as well as wear personal protective equipment. Take the following points into account to minimize the vibration and noise exposure risks:
- Only use the product as intended by its design and these instructions.
- Ensure that the product is in good condition and well maintained.
- Use correct application tools for the product and ensure they are in good condition.
- Keep tight grip on the handles/grip surface.
- Maintain this product in accordance with these instructions and keep it well lubricated (where appropriate).
- Plan your work schedule to spread any high vibration tool use across a number of days.
Even if you are operating this product in accordance with all the safety requirements, potential risks of injury and damage remain. The following dangers can arise in connection with the structure and design of this product:
- Health defects resulting from vibration emission if the product is being used over long periods of time or not adequately managed and properly maintained.
- Injuries and damage to property due to broken application tools or the sudden impact of hidden objects during use.
- Danger of injury and property damage caused by flying objects.
⚠ WARNING! This product produces an electromagnetic field during operation! This field may under some circumstances interfere with active or passive medical implants! To reduce the risk of serious or fatal injury, we recommend persons with medical implants to consult their doctor and the medical implant manufacturer before operating this product!
The following table depicts and describes safety symbols that may appear on this product. Read, understand and follow all instructions on the machine before attempting to assemble and operate.
Know Your Electric Scarifier + Dethatcher
Read the owner’s manual and safety instructions carefully before operating the scarifier + dethatcher. Compare the illustration below to the dethatcher in order to familiarize yourself with the location of the various controls and adjustments. Save this manual for future reference and reread it prior to each dethatching session.
- ON/OFF switch lever
- Safety lock button
- Extension cord restraint holder
- Upper handle
- Upper handle knob and bolt (2)
- Appliance cord
- Middle handle bar (2)
- Cable clip (2)
- Lower handle knob and bolt (2)
- Thatch bag cover
- Lower handle bar (2)
- Thatch collection bag
- Rear wheel (2)
- Front wheel (2)
- Raking depth adjustment lever
- Air vent 10
- Scarifying cylinder
- Dethatched cylinder
Rated Voltage………………………………………………..120V ~ 60 Hz
No Load Speed …………………………………………………. 2990 rpm
Raking Width…………………………………………….. 12.6 in. (32 cm)
Scarifying Depth* ………….. -0.4 inch – 0 inch (-10 mm – 0 mm)
Raking Depth* …………………. 0 inch – 0.4 inch (0 mm – 10 mm)
Depth Adjustment …………………………………………….. 5-position
Thatch Bag Capacity………………………………………. 8 gal (30.3 l)
Dethatcher Cylinder…………………… 27 spring steel raking tines
……………………………………………………………………(1.6 mm thick)
Scarifier Cylinder……………………………………… 20 slicing blades
Wheel Size ……………………. 8 in. (20 cm) front 4 in. (10 cm) rear
Net Weight ………………………………………………….. 24 lbs (11 kg)
*Note: The negative raking depth indicates that the tines/blades are raking below the horizon (i.e. penetrating the soil layer).
- Scarifier + dethatcher housing
- Handle knob and bolt (4)
- Upper handle
- Middle handle bar (2)
- Lower handle bar (2)
- Phillips screw (2)
- Bolts + spring washer (2)
- Thatch collection bag
- Extension cord restraint holder
- Cable clip (2)
- Scarifying cylinder (Pre-assembled)
- Dethatched cylinder
- Manual and registration card
- Carefully remove the electric scarifier + dethatcher and check to see that all of the above items are supplied.
- Inspect the product carefully to make sure no breakage or damage occurred during shipping. If you find damaged or missing parts, DO NOT return the unit to the store. Please call the Snow Joe® + Sun Joe® customer service center at 1-866-SNOWJOE (1-866-766-9563).
NOTE: Do not discard the shipping carton and packaging material until you are ready to use the electric scarifier + dethatcher. The packaging is made of recyclable materials. Properly dispose of these materials in accordance with local regulations or save the packaging for long-term product storage.
IMPORTANT! The equipment and packaging material are not toys. Do not let children play with plastic bags, foils, or small parts. These items can be swallowed and pose a suffocation risk!
- This scarifier + dethatcher is designated with a rated input of 1560 watts. Depending on the fitted cutting device, this machine is either intended for scarifying and removing thatch from lawns or raking in domestic and hobby gardens.
- When used as a scarifier, this machine works by scratching through and between the grass with specially adapted prongs that collect and remove any unwanted parts from the lawn while leaving the grass blades intact. At the same time the machine scarifies the ground resulting in a better aeration.
- When used as a dethatcher the fine needles will scratch the surface of the lawn while simultaneously picking up light debris for better oxygen absorption, airing and drainage.
- This machine is not to be used in wet weather conditions and may not be used to mow dry, wet or unusually high grass, e.g., pasture grass or for shredding leaves.
- This machine is intended for private domestic use only, not for any commercial trade use. It must not be used for any purposes other than those described.
⚠ WARNING! Do not connect the scarifier + dethatcher to the power supply until assembly is complete. Failure to comply could result in accidental starting and severe personal injury. Always wear gloves during assembly.
Connecting the Handle Bars
- Insert the lower handle into the motor housing and secure it with the two Phillips screws (Figs. 1 & 2).
- Secure the two middle handle bars to the lower handle bars using the first set of knobs and bolts. Tighten the knobs on each side to ensure a secure fit (Fig. 3).
- Hang the extension cord restraint holder on the upper handle (Fig. 4).
- Connect the upper handle to the middle handle bars using the second set of knobs and bolts. Tighten the knobs on each side to ensure a secure fit (Figs. 4 & 5).
- Fix the cord with cord clips to the middle and lower right handle bars (Fig. 6). Fig. 6
Thatch Collection Bag Assembly
⚠ WARNING! Do not attempt to use the product without the thatch collection bag attached. This could pose a danger of flying debris.
⚠ WARNING! The product must be switched off and the cutting device must have stopped rotating before you attach or empty the thatch collection bag.
⚠ WARNING! Never use the scarifier without the thatch collection bag securely fitted.
NOTE: A full thatch collection bag will reduce the performance of this product.
Attach the thatch collection bag to the lawn scarifier + dethatched before operation.
- Lift the thatch collection bag cover, and hang the thatch collection bag to the mounting hooks (Fig. 7).
Removing + Emptying the Thatch Collection Bag
Empty the thatch collection bag frequently during use. Do not wait until it is completely full. We recommend emptying it when it is half full.
- Lift the thatch collection bag cover and pull the thatch collection bag off the mounting hooks to remove it.
- Empty the bag’s contents into a suitable waste receptacle. Mount the bag back into position before resuming work.
Cutting Depth Adjustment
⚠ WARNING! The unit must be switched off and disconnected from the power supply before adjusting the tine settings.
Adjust the depth according to the needs of your lawn. The most suitable depth depends on the kind of lawn and the actual height of the grass.
- Push the depth adjustment lever towards the wheel, then move it forward or backward to adjust the cutting depth (Fig. 8).
- Adjust the lever to one out of five stages. Read the adjusted depth from the scale (Fig. 9).
Push a loop of the extension cord through the slot on the extension cord restraint holder from the opposite side of the restraint holder (Fig. 10). Insert the appliance cord into a proper outdoor extension cord (see Extension Cord Chart on page 2).
Starting + Stopping
⚠ WARNING! Before switching on the lawn scarifier + dethatcher, make sure that it is not in contact with any foreign objects. Keep your feet and hands a safe distance away from the rotating tines and the ejector opening. Failure to comply with these warnings can result in severe personal injury.
- To start, press and hold the safety lock button while pulling the switch lever toward you. Once the machine powers on, release the safety lock button and proceed with operation (Fig. 11).
- To stop the lawn scarifier + dethatcher, release the switch lever.
⚠ WARNING! The tine cylinder continues to run for a brief period after the unit has been switched off. Do not tilt or carry the unit while the motor is still running and do not touch the cylinder while it is still rotating. Failure to comply could result in severe personal injury.
The overload protection will be activated in the following circumstances:
- A build up of scarified material around the cutting device.
- If the material scarified is larger than the motor capacity.
- Where there is too much resistance against the cutting device.
When the circuit breaker has been activated switch off the product and disconnect from the power supply. Let the product cool down and eliminate the cause before using the product again.
⚠ WARNING! If the product strikes a foreign object stop
the motor. Switch the product off, disconnect it from the power supply and let it cool down. Inspect the product thoroughly for damage. Have any damage repaired before restarting.
⚠ WARNING! Extensive vibration of the product during
operation is an indication of damage. The product should be promptly inspected and repaired.
- Check the machine, its power cord and plug as well as accessories for damage before each use. Do not use the machine if it is damaged or shows wear.
- Double check that accessories are properly fixed.
- Push the machine forward by its handle. Keep the handle dry to ensure safe support.
- Ensure that the air vents are always unobstructed and clear. Clean them if necessary with a soft brush. Blocked air vents may lead to overheating and damage the product.
- Switch the machine off immediately if you are disturbed while working by other people entering the working area. Always let the machine come to complete stop before putting it down.
- Do not overwork yourself. Take regular breaks to ensure you can concentrate on the work and have full control over the machine.
- Mow the lawn before working and fertilize afterwards.
- Make sure that the lawn is clear of stones, sticks, wire, or other objects that could damage the machine or its motor.
- Select the suitable cutting depth for the actual grass height.
- Do not work with this machine on a wet lawn because it tends to stick to the underbody of the machine, preventing the proper discharge of collected material, and it could also cause you to slip and fall.
- Slowly push the machine forward. Move the machine at appropriate speed. Do not move it too fast to prevent the discharge from getting blocked and engine from useless overloading.
- Work in slight overlapping rows. The most effective pattern for scarifying/raking lawns is straight lines along one of the sides. This will keep the rows even and ensures that all the lawn is scarfied/raked without missing any spots (Fig. 12).
- Circle around flower beds. When reaching a flower bed in the middle of the lawn, make a row or two around the circumference of the bed.
- Pay special attention when changing direction.
Consider the weather when scarifying. Scarify the lawn with an increased depth setting during spring time between April and May as the lawn is better able to recover during this season. During a wet summer scarify again in late summer with a decreased depth setting. Do not scarify during periods of hot weather condition. During a dry rainless summer do not scarify a second time in autumn.
In order for a healthy lawn to develop in the spring, it is necessary for greater amounts of air to penetrate the area around the roots of the grass. We recommend aerating the lawn every 4 6 weeks depending on the state of your lawn.
⚠ WARNING! Before carrying out any repairs or servicing work, you must ensure that the machine has been disconnected from the power supply. Repairs and maintenance work other than described within this instruction manual may be performed only by qualified specialist!
Service + Storage
To ensure long and reliable service, carry out the following maintenance regularly. Servicing and cleaning work on the machine and the removal of the guards may only be carried out after the motor has been switched off and the plug disconnected from the power supply.
- Keep all nuts, bolts and screws tight to be sure the product is in a safe working condition.
- Allow the product to cool before storing in any enclosure.
- Check the thatch collection bag frequently for wear or deterioration.
- Examine the product regularly and replace worn or damaged parts for safety.
- Check that covers and guards are undamaged and correctly fitted. Carry out necessary maintenance or repairs before using the machine.
- If the cutting device should happen to fail despite the care taken in manufacturing and testing, repair should be carried out by an authorized repair facility.
- Do not clean the machine while it is running.
- Ensure that all the fastening elements (screws, nuts, etc.) are tight at all times so that you can safely work with the machine.
- Check the machine frequently for signs of wear. Replace worn or damaged parts.
- Store your machine in a dry place. To ensure a long service life all screws and bolts should be cleaned and then oiled.
- Clean the machine with a brush or cloth. Do not use any solvents or water to remove dirt.
- The component that is subject to most wear is the cutting device. You should therefore check the condition of the cutting device and its mounting at regular intervals. If the cutting device is worn or blunt it must be replaced immediately. If the machine starts to suffer from excessive vibrations, this means that the cutting device has not been balanced correctly or has suffered deformation due to impacts. In this case it must be repaired or replaced.
Replacing/Changing Cutting Device
⚠ WARNING! Always switch the machine off, disconnect it from power supply and let it cool down before changing/ replacing the cutting device.
⚠ WARNING! Cutting devices are very sharp and become hot during use. Handle them carefully.
⚠ WARNING! Wear safety gloves when handling cutting devices in order to avoid injuries like burns and cuts.
⚠ WARNING! Make sure all bolts are completely tightened before operating the machine. Don’t operate the machine if any bolts are missing, loose, or damaged. The product has two functions, scarifying or raking. The scarifying cylinder is preassembled on the machine. The dethatcher cylinder is included in the supply box. The cylinder can be changed according to the application (Fig. 13).
⚠ WARNING! Before performing any maintenance, always
disconnect the power supply to the unit and wait until the tine cylinder comes to a complete stop. Wear protective gloves when handling the tines.
- Remove the thatch collection bag.
- Place the machine upside down on a flat stable surface to access the underbody.
- Loosen the two bolts with a suitable wrench, remove them together with the spring washers and the attached cutting device (Fig. 14).
- To remove the cutting device, first lift the bearing and then pull it out from the drive shaft.
- Align and insert the respective cutting device: Slide the hex nut into the socket of the drive shaft and fix the bearing to the support with the bolts and spring washers (Fig. 15).
⚠ WARNING! Make sure the cutting device
(dethatcher cylinder) is inserted properly. Make sure the semicircle of the cylinder goes downward into the unit. If the semicircle is face up, it has been inserted incorrectly.
Cutting device Fig. 16 (dethatcher cylinder)
NOTE: If you have any questions, please call the Snow Joe® + Sun Joe® customer service center at 1-866-766-9563 (1-866-SNOWJOE) for assistance.
- Switch the machine off, disconnect it from the power supply and let it cool down.
- Check, clean and store the machine as described below.
Thatch Collection Bag
- Inspect the thatch collection bag before each use. Do not use it if you find any damage.
- Clean the thatch collection bag after operation. Let the thatch collection bag dry thoroughly before storing to avoid mildew.
- Switch the product off and disconnect it from power supply before transporting it anywhere.
- Attach transportation guards, if applicable.
- Adjust the cutting depth to the transportation stage (refer to “CUTTING DEPTH ADJUSTMENT” on page 9).
- Always transport the product by its handle.
- Protect the product from any heavy impact or strong vibrations which may occur during transportation in vehicles.
- Secure the product to prevent it from slipping or falling over.
⚠ WARNING! Only perform the steps described within these instructions!
All further inspection, maintenance and repair work must be performed by an authorized service center or a similarly qualified specialist if you cannot solve the problem yourself! Suspected malfunctions, disturbances or damages are often due to causes that the user can fix themselves. Follow the below troubleshooting guidelines when checking the unit. In most cases, the problem can be resolved quickly and the dethatcher can be restored to proper working order.
Service and Support
If your AJ801E-RM electric scarifier + dethatcher requires service or maintenance, please call 1-866-SNOWJOE (1-866-766-9563) for assistance.
Model and Serial Numbers
When contacting the company, reordering parts or arranging service from an authorized dealer, you will need to provide the model and serial numbers, which can be found on the decal located on the housing of the unit. Copy these numbers into the space provided below.
⚠ WARNING! ALWAYS use only authorized Snow Joe® + Sun Joe® replacement parts and accessories. NEVER use
replacement parts or accessories that are not intended for use with this electric scarifier + dethatcher. Contact Snow Joe® + Sun Joe® if you are unsure whether it is safe to use a particular replacement part or accessory with your electric scarifier + dethatcher. The use of any other attachment or accessory can be dangerous and could cause injury or mechanical damage.
NOTE: Accessories are subject to change without any obligation on the part of Snow Joe® + Sun Joe® to provide notice of such changes. Accessories can be ordered online at sunjoe.com or via phone by contacting the Snow Joe® + Sun Joe® customer service center at 1-866-SNOWJOE (1-866-766-9563).
SNOW JOE® + SUN JOE® CUSTOMER PROMISE
ABOVE ALL ELSE, Snow Joe, LLC (“Snow Joe”) is dedicated to you, our customer. We strive to make your experience as pleasant as possible. Unfortunately, there are times when a Snow Joe®, Sun Joe®, or Aqua Joe® product (“Product”) does not work or breaks under normal operating conditions. We think it’s important that you know what you can expect from us. That’s why we have a Limited Warranty (“Warranty”) for our Products.
OUR WARRANTY: Snow Joe warrants new, genuine, powered and non-powered Products to be free from defects in material or workmanship when used for ordinary household use for a period of two years from the date of purchase by the original, end-user purchaser when purchased from Snow Joe or from one of Snow Joe’s authorized sellers with proof of purchase. Because Snow Joe is unable to control the quality of its Products sold by unauthorized sellers, unless otherwise prohibited by law, this Warranty does not cover Products purchased from unauthorized sellers. If your Product does not work or there’s an issue with a specific part that is covered by the terms of this Warranty, Snow Joe will elect to either (1) send you a free replacement part, (2) replace the Product with a new or comparable product at no charge, or (3) repair the Product. How cool is that!
This Warranty gives you specific legal rights, and you may also have other rights which vary from State to State.
PRODUCT REGISTRATION: Snow Joe strongly encourages you to register your Product. You can register online at snowjoe.com/register, or by printing and mailing in a registration card available online from our website, or calling our Customer Service Department at 1-866-SNOWJOE (1-866-766-9563), or by e-mailing us at [email protected]. Failure to register your Product will not diminish your warranty rights. However, registering your Product will allow Snow Joe to better serve you with any of your customer service needs.
WHO CAN SEEK LIMITED WARRANTY COVERAGE: This Warranty is extended by Snow Joe to the original purchaser and original owner of the Product.
WHAT IS NOT COVERED?
This Warranty does not apply if the Product has been used commercially or for non-household or rental applications. This Warranty also does not apply if the Product was purchased from an unauthorized seller. This Warranty also does not cover cosmetic changes that do not affect performance. Wearing parts like belts, augers, chains and tines are not covered under this Warranty, and can be purchased at snowjoe.com or by calling 1-866-SNOWJOE (1-866-766-9563).