SYLVANIA Portable CD Player with LED Display with
Bluetooth and AM/FM Radio User Manual
This equipment may generate or use radio frequency energy. Changes or modifications to this equipment may cause harmful interference unless the modifications are expressly approved in the instruction manual. The user could lose the authority to operate this equipment if an unauthorized change or modification is made.
It is recommended to use a surge protector for AC connection. Lightning and power surges ARE NOT covered under warranty for this product.
LASER SAFETY: This unit employs a laser. Only qualified service personnel should attempt to service this device due to possible eye injury.
CAUTION: USE OF CONTROLS, ADJUSTMENTS OR PERFORMANCE PROCEDURE HEREIN MAY RESULT IN HAZARDOUS RADIATION EXPOSURE.
This equipment has been tested and found to comply with the limits for a Class B digital device, pursuant to Part 15 of the FCC Rules. These limits are designed to provide reasonable protection against harmful interference in a residential installation. This equipment generates, uses and can radiate radio frequency energy and, if not installed and used in accordance with the instructions, may cause harmful interference to radio communications. However, there is no guarantee that interference will not occur in a particular installation. If this equipment does cause harmful interference to radio or television reception, which can be determined by turning the equipment off and on, the user is encouraged to try to correct the interference by one or more of the following measures:
- Reorient or relocate the receiving antenna.
- Increase the separation between the equipment and receiver.
- Connect the equipment into an outlet on a circuit different from that to which the receiver is connected.
- Consult the dealer or an experienced radio/TV technician for help.
Before using the unit, be sure to read all operating instructions carefully. Please note that these are general precautions and may not pertain to your unit For example, this unit may not have the capability to be connected to an outdoor antenna.
- Read these instructions-All the safety and operating instructions should be read before this product is operated.
- Keep these instructions- The safety and operating instructions should be retained for future reference.
- Heed all warnings- All warnings on the appliance and in the operating instructions should be adhered to.
- Follow all instructions -All operating and use Instructions should be followed.
- Do not use this apparatus near water Toe appliance should not be used near water or moisture- for example, in a wet basement or near a swimming pool, and the like,
- Clean only with dry cloth.
- Do not block any ventilation openings. Install in accordance with the manufacturers instructions.
- Do not install near any heal sources such as radiators, heat registers, stoves, or other apparatus Including amplifiers) that produce heat.
- Do not delete the safely purpose polarized or grounding-type plug. A polarized plug has two blades with one wider than tee other. A grounding-type plug has two blades and a third grounding prong. The wide blade or the third prong are provided for your safety. If the provided plug does not fit into your outlet, consult an electrician for replacement of the obsolete outlet.
- Protect the power cord from being walked on or pinched particularly at plugs, convenience receptacles, and the point where they exit from the apparatus.
- Only use attachments/accessories specified by the manufacturer.
- Use only with the cart, sf and, tripod, bracket, or table specified by the manufacturer, or sold with the apparatus.
When a earl Is used, use caution when moving the cart/apparatus combination to avoid injury from tip-over.
- Unplug this apparatus during lightning storms or when unused for long periods of time.
- Refer all servicing to qualified service personnel, Servicing is required when the apparatus has been damaged in any way, such as power-supply cord or plug is damaged, liquid has been spilled or objects have fallen into tile apparatus, tile apparatus has been exposed to rain or moisture, does not operate normally, or has been dropped.
- This apparatus shall not be exposed to dripping or splashing water and that no object filled with liquids such as vases shell be placed on the apparatus.
- Main plug is used as disconnect device and ii should remain readily operable during intended use. In order to disconnect the apparatus complete, the main plug should be disconnected from the main socket outlet completely.
- Battery shall not be exposed to excessive heat such as sunshine, fire or the like.
- OUTDOORANTENNA GROUNDING
If an outside antenna is connected to the product be sure the antenna system is grounded so as to provide some protection against voltage surges and built-up static charges. Section 810 the National Electric Code, ANSI/NFPA 70, provides information with respect to proper grounding of the mast and supporting structure, grounding of the lead-in wire to an antenna discharge product, size of grounding conductors, location of antenna discharge product, connection to grounding electrodes and requirements for grourxling electrodes.
EXAMPLE OF ANTENNA GROUNDING AS PER NATIONAL ELECTRICAL CODE
Do not attempt to service this product yourself as opening or removing covers may expose you to dangerous voltage or other hazards. Refer all servicing to qualified service personnel.
- REPLACEMENT PARTS
When replacement parts are required, be sure the service technician uses replacement parts spectated by the manufacturer or those that have the same characteristics as the original part. Unauthorized substitutions may result in fire, electric shock or other hazards.
- SAFETY CHECK
Upon completion of any service or repairs to this product, ask the service technician to perform safety checks to determine that the product is in proper operating condition.
- WALL OR CEILING MOUNTING
Toe product shout be mounted to a was or ceiling only as recommended by the manufacturer.
- DAMAGE REQUIRING SERVICE
Unplug the product from the wall outlet and refer servicing to qualified service personnel under the following conditions:
a. When the power-support rod or plug is damaged.
b. If liquid has been spilled or objects have fallen ’11a the product
c. If the product has been exposed to rain or water.
d. If the product does not operate normally by follo”1ng the operating instructions. Adieus only those controls that are covered by the operating instructions, as an adjustment of other controls may result in damage and will often require extensive work by a qualified technician to restore the product to its nonanal operation.
e. If the product has been dropped or the cabinet has been damaged.
f. When the product exhibits a distinct change in performance this indicates a need for service.
The product should be situated away from heat sources such as radiators, heat registers, stoves or other products (include ampliform) that produce heat.
- NOTE TO CATV SYSTEM INSTALLER
This reminder is provided to the CATV system installers attention to Article 820-40 of the NEC that prods guidelines for proper grounding and, in partiC1Jlar, specifies that the cable ground sham be connected to the grounding system of the building, as close to the point of cable entry as practical.
Connecting AC Power
Connect the small end of the supplied AC cord to the sod<et al the back of the main unit (round side to the left) and insert the plug of AC cord not a standard AC wall outlet.
The unit is designed to operate from main supply of AC 120V-60Hz. the plug of AC cord does not properly, try to tum ft over and try again. Do not force ft. When the unit is intended for being unused for a long period of the time. Please press the STANDBY button to tum off the unit and unplug the power con! from the AC wall on Yet. AC
For battery operation, unplug the AC cord from the AC wail outlet fusel and then remove the AC rod from the socket al the bad of the main unit.
There is a danger of explosion if batteries are replaced incorrecffy.
Replace batteries wth the same type only.
When the unit will be unused for a long period of the time, press the STANDBY button to tum OFF the tuna and remove all batteries from the battery compartment.
Switching On for the first time
Plug into AC power or instar! battens by following instructions on the previous Power Connection section. The STANDBY indicator will be lit. Press the STANDBY button to turn on the unit. The STANDBY indicator will off. Press the STANDBY button again to lurk the unit off.
Switching between different sources (AM/FM/CD/BLUETOOTH)
Mer looming on the unit, press and toggle the FUNCTION switch 1o select different sound sources.
Adjusting sound volume level
Mer turning on the unit, tum the VOLUME knob to adjust the level of sound volume.
Adjusting the rod antenna
The aerial should be extended to ensure good reception in both AM and FM radio modes. It may be necessary ta adjust the position of the unit and /or aerial position to achieve the best signal reception.
The unit is designed to play normal music CD discs bearing the correct identification logo. If the disc does not confirm to the standard, it may not be played back propene.
Toe unit is designed lo receive FM Stereo, FM and AM radio bands.
- Switch and toggle the FUNCTION button to sv.;1ch to AM or FM mode.
- Adjust the TUNING knob on the top of unit to tune the frequency of desired radio station.
- Press the STANDBY button to switch off the unit.
AUX IN Operation
Setting up (AUX IN) connection
AUX-IN jack will allow you to connect external music player or external sound source to the main unit
- Turn on the unit and slide the function switch to CD/AUX.
- Plug into a 3.5mm audio cable (not included) into your external music player and connect the other end (3.5mm jade) into the AUX IN jack on the lop al the unit.
- Make sure your external music player is loomed on and slat music play bad on the music player
- Adjust VOLUME knob lo ranting the sound level of muse play bad from the speaker on the unit.
Power Output. ……………………………. 1.5 watt RMSx2 channels
AC Power ……………………………. AC120V-60Hz
Battery Size ……………………………. UM-2 or C-Size batteries x 6 PCS
Radio Frequency ……………………………. FM: 87.5-108MHz, AM: 530- 1710 kHz
LIMITED PRODUCT WARRANTY
To make a warranty claim, please email [email protected] or call 1-800-968-9853.
90 day Warranty
For service assistance and product intonation,
please call: 1-800-968-9853.
Curtis International Ltd.
7045 BECKETT DRIVE, UNIT 15, MISSISSAUGA, ON, L5S 2A3
SYLVANIA Portable CD Player with LED Display with
Bluetooth and AM/FM Radio User Manual PDF download