Hamilton 6-Quart Beach Stay or Go Portable Slow
Cooker with Lid Lock User Manual
READ BEFORE USE LIRE AVANT UTILISATION LEA ANTES DE USAR
Visit www.hamiltonbeach.com for our complete line of products and Use and Care Guides – as well as delicious recipes, tips, and to register your product online!
Rendez-vous sur www.hamiltonbeach.ca pour notre liste complète de produits et de nos manuels utilisateur – ainsi que nos délicieuses recettes et nos conseils !
Please call us – our friendly associates are ready to help.
N’hésitez pas à nous appeler – nos associés s’empresseront de vous aider.
CAN : 1.800.267.2826
Por favor llámenos – nuestros amables representantes están listos para ayudar.
EE. UU.: 1.800.851.8900
MEX: 01 800 71 16 100
Le invitamos a leer cuidadosamente este instructivo antes de usar su aparato.
When using electrical appliances, basic safety precautions should always be followed to reduce the risk of fire, electric shock, and/or injury to persons, including the following:
- Read all instructions.
- This appliance is not intended for use by persons (including children) with reduced physical, sensory, or mental capabilities, or lack of experience and knowledge, unless they are closely supervised and instructed concerning use of the appliance by a person responsible for their safety.
- Close supervision is necessary when any appliance is used by or near children. Children should be supervised to ensure that they do not play with the appliance.
- Do not touch hot surfaces. Use handles or knobs.
- To protect against electric shock, do not immerse cord, plug, or base in water or other liquid.
- Unplug from outlet when not in use and before cleaning. Allow to cool before putting on or taking off parts.
- Do not operate any appliance with a damaged supply cord or plug, or after the appliance malfunctions or has been dropped or damaged in any manner. Supply cord replacement and repairs must be conducted by the manufacturer, its service agent, or similarly qualified persons in order to avoid a hazard. Call the provided customer service number for information on examination, repair, or adjustment.
- The use of accessory attachments not recommended by the appliance manufacturer may cause injuries.
- Do not use outdoors.
- Do not let cord hang over edge of table or counter, or touch hot surfaces, including stove.
- Do not place on or near a hot gas or electric burner, or in a heated oven.
- Extreme caution must be used when moving an appliance containing hot oil or other hot liquids.
- To disconnect slow cooker, turn control knob to OFF (O); then remove plug from wall outlet.
- CAUTION: To prevent damage or shock hazard, do not cook in base. Cook only in removable crock.
- Avoid sudden temperature changes, such as adding refrigerated foods into a heated crock.
- Intended for countertop use only.
- WARNING: Spilled food can cause serious burns. Keep appliance and cord away from children. Never drape cord over edge of counter, never use outlet below counter, and never use with an extension cord.
- Do not use appliance for other than intended use.
SAVE THESE INSTRUCTIONS
Other Consumer Safety Information
This product is intended for household use only.
This product is only intended for the preparation, cooking, and serving of foods. This product is not intended for use with any nonfood materials or products.
⚠️WARNING Electrical Shock Hazard: This appliance has a polarized plug (one wide blade) that reduces the risk of electric shock. The plug fits only one way into a polarized outlet. Do not defeat the safety purpose of the plug by modifying the plug in any way or by using an adapter. If the plug does not fit fully into the outlet, reverse the plug. If it still does not fit, have an electrician replace the outlet.
A short power-supply cord is used to reduce the risk resulting from it being grabbed by children, becoming entangled in, or tripping over a longer cord.
LID AND CROCK: PRECAUTIONS AND INFORMATION
- Please handle crock and lid carefully to ensure long life.
- Avoid sudden, extreme temperature changes. For example, do not place a hot lid or crock into cold water, or onto a wet surface.
- Avoid hitting crock or lid against faucet or other hard surfaces.
- Do not use crock or lid if chipped, cracked, or severely scratched.
- Do not use abrasive cleansers or metal scouring pads.
- The bottom of crock is very rough and can damage countertop. Use caution.
- The crock and lid can become very hot. Use caution. Do not place directly on any unprotected surface or countertop.
- The crock is microwave-safe and oven-proof, but never heat crock when empty. Never place lid on a burner or stove top. Do not place lid in a microwave oven, conventional oven, or on stove top.
REMOVING LID AND CROCK
When removing lid, tilt so that opening faces away from you to avoid being burned by steam.
The sides of the slow cooker’s base get very warm because the heating elements are located here. Use handles on base if necessary. Use oven mitts to remove crock.
Parts and Features
*To order parts:
Mexico: 01 800 71 16 100
For best results, fill the crock at least half full but no more than 1 inch (2.5 cm) from the rim. If only half-filled, check for doneness 1 to 2 hours earlier than recipe time.
How to Use Your Slow Cooker
⚠️WARNING Food Safety Hazard. Food must be hot enough
to prevent bacterial growth before using WARM setting. The WARM setting should only be used after a recipe has been thoroughly cooked. Do not reheat food on WARM setting. If food has been cooked and then refrigerated, reheat it on LOW or HIGH and then switch to WARM. Visit foodsafety.gov for more information.
BEFORE FIRST USE: Wash lid and crock in hot, soapy water. Rinse and dry.
Wattage has been adjusted to compensate for heat lost through vent holes.
Rotate control knob to LOW or HIGH. Do not cook on WARM.
NEVER lock clips during cooking.
When finished, turn OFF (O) and unplug.
Secure wire clips for transport.
Cleaning and Care
⚠️WARNING Electrical Shock Hazard. Disconnect power before cleaning. Do not immerse cord, plug, or base in any liquid.
Remove crock and let cool.
DO NOT use the “SANI” setting when washing in the dishwasher.
“SANI” cycle temperatures could damage your product.
To prevent lingering food smells, found in most plastic containers,clean rubber lid gasket with hot, soapy water after each use. Store with lid ajar.
Tips for Slow Cooking
- The crock should be at least half-filled for best results. If only half filled, check for doneness 1 to 2 hours earlier than recipe time.
- Stirring is not necessary when slow cooking. Removing glass lid results in major heat loss and the cooking time may need to be extended. However, if cooking on High, you may want to stir occasionally.
- If cooking soups or stews, leave a 2-inch (5-cm) space between the top of the crock and the food so that the recipe can come to a simmer.
- Many recipes call for cooking all day. If your morning schedule doesn’t allow time to prepare a recipe, do it the night before. Place all ingredients in crock, cover with lid, and refrigerate overnight. In the morning, simply place crock in slow cooker.
- Some foods are not suited for extended cooking in a slow cooker. Pasta, seafood, milk, cream, or sour cream should be added 2 hours before serving. Evaporated milk or condensed soups are perfect for slow cooking.
- The higher the fat content of meat, the less liquid is needed. If cooking meat with a high fat content, place thick onion slices underneath so meat will not sit on (and cook in) fat.
- Slow cookers allow for very little evaporation. If making your favorite soup, stew, or sauce, reduce liquid called for in original recipe. If too thick, liquid can be added later.
- If cooking a vegetable-type casserole, there will need to be liquid in the recipe to prevent scorching on the sides of crock.
- If cooking a recipe with root vegetables, place root vegetables in the bottom of the crock.
Food Safety Tips
- Do not use frozen, uncooked meat in the slow cooker. Thaw any meat or poultry before slow cooking.
- Visit www.foodsafety.gov for more information on safe internal cooking temperatures.
- To store leftovers after cooking, do NOT place the entire crock in the refrigerator since contents will take too long to cool. Instead, divide leftovers into smaller containers and place into refrigerator.
- Never allow undercooked or raw meat to sit at room temperature in the slow cooker. Once meat is placed into the crock, it should be cooked immediately (unless prepping slow cooker the night before, where crock should be placed into the refrigerator).
IF YOU LIVE IN A HIGH-ALTITUDE AREA:
The Extension service will have detailed information about cooking for your area. To locate the Cooperative Extension service in your county, please visit: http://www.csrees.usda.gov/Extension/.
For best results, fill the crock at least half full but no more than one inch from rim. Always follow package directions.
Visit www.foodsafety.gov for more information on safe internal cooking temperatures.
|Beef Pot Roast||2 lb. (907 g) beef pot roast
1 teaspoon (5 ml) salt
1/2 teaspoon (2.5 ml) pepper
1/4 cup (59 ml) beef broth/water
1/2 to 1 envelope dry onion mix
1 onion, quartered
2 potatoes, quartered
2 carrots, cut in 1-inch (2.5-cm) pieces
|Chili||1 lb. (454 g) ground beef
1 1.5-oz (42-g) envelope chili seasoning
1 14.5-oz. (411-g) can diced tomatoes
1 16-oz. (454-g) can kidney beans, drained and rinsed
|Whole Chicken||3 lb. (1.4 kg) whole chicken
2 garlic cloves, peeled
1 bay leaf
1 teaspoon (5 ml) salt
1/2 teaspoon (2.5 ml) pepper
1 teaspoon (5 ml) paprika
Visit www.hamiltonbeach.com for our complete
line of products and Use and Care Guides – as well as delicious recipes, tips, and to register your product online!
|Food is undercooked.||
|The food isn’t done after cooking the amount of time recommended in my recipe.||
|My meal was overcooked. Why?||
|Lid gasket collapsed.||
This warranty applies to products purchased and used in the U.S. and Canada. This is the only express warranty for this product and is in lieu of any other warranty or condition.
This product is warranted to be free from defects in material and workmanship for a period of one (1) year from the date of original purchase. During this period, your exclusive remedy is repair or replacement of this product or any component found to be defective, at our option; however, you are responsible for all costs associated with returning the product to us and our returning a product or component under this warranty to you. If the product or component is no longer available, we will replace with a similar one of equal or greater value.
This warranty does not cover glass, filters, wear from normal use, use not in conformity with the printed directions, or damage to the product resulting from accident, alteration, abuse, or misuse. This warranty extends only to the original consumer purchaser or gift recipient. Keep the original sales receipt, as proof of purchase is required to make a warranty claim. This warranty is void if the product is used for other than single-family household use or subjected to any voltage and waveform other than as specified on the rating label (e.g., 120V ~ 60 Hz).
We exclude all claims for special, incidental, and consequential damages caused by breach of express or implied warranty. All liability is limited to the amount of the purchase price. Every implied warranty, including any statutory warranty or condition of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose, is disclaimed except to the extent prohibited by law, in which case such warranty or condition is limited to the duration of this written warranty. This warranty gives you specific legal rights. You may have other legal rights that vary depending on where you live. Some states or provinces do not allow limitations on implied warranties or special, incidental, or consequential damages, so the foregoing limitations may not apply to you.
To make a warranty claim, do not return this appliance to the store. Please call 1.800.851.8900 in the U.S. or 1.800.267.2826 in Canada or visit hamiltonbeach.com in the U.S. or hamiltonbeach.ca in Canada. For faster service, locate the model, type, and series numbers on your appliance.
Download Manual PDF
Hamilton 6-Quart Beach Stay or Go Portable Slow
Cooker with Lid Lock User Manual PDF Download