Yonanas 902 Classic Vegan Non-Dairy Frozen Fruit Soft
Serve Dessert Maker User Manual
|Machine Specifications | Caractéristiques de la machine
Especificaciones de la máquina
|US/CA/MX||120 V||60 Hz||200W|
|Central America/Caribbean||120 V||60 Hz||200W|
|South America||220 V||50-60 Hz||200W|
|Other||220-240 V||50-60 Hz||200W|
FOR HOUSEHOLD USE ONLY
POUR UNE UTILISATION DOMESTIQUE UNIQUEMENT
PARA USO DOMÉSTICO SOLAMENTE
Before using your Yonanas for the first time please follow these instructions:
- Remove all packing materials and literature.
- Wash chute assembly (plunger, chute and blade cover, blade cone, gasket and bottom cap) with warm, soapy water or in the top rack of a dishwasher. Wipe base clean with a damp cloth. NEVER immerse base in water or any other liquid.
- Read and understand the User Manual before commencing any operations.
WARNING! When using electrical appliances, basic safety precautions should always be followed including the following:
- Read all instructions before using your Yonanas maker.
- Do not use Yonanas maker with a damaged cord or plug or after the appliance malfunctions, or is dropped or damaged in any manner. Return the unit to the nearest authorized service facility for examination, repair or electrical or mechanical adjustment.
- To prevent against risk of electrical shock, do not submerge the base or the electrical cord in water or any liquid.
- Turn power off and unplug the unit from the power outlet when not in use, before assembling/disassembling parts and before cleaning.
- Never unplug from the socket by pulling the electrical cord.
- Only use your Yonanas maker on a flat surface.
- Do not place unit near electric burner or hot gas.
- Only use your Yonanas maker indoors.
- Do not let electrical cord hang over the edge of work surface or touch any hot surfaces.
- Close supervision is necessary when any appliance is used by or near children.
- Avoid contact with moving parts. Fingers, hair, clothes etc., must be kept away from moving parts during use.
- Using attachments or components not recommended by Yonanas or its distributors may cause hazards such as fire, electrical shock, and/or personal injury.
- Do not put your fingers or other objects into the food opening while it is in operation. If food becomes lodged in opening, use food pusher or another piece of fruit to push it down. When this method is not possible turn the motor off and disassemble the unit to remove the remaining food.
- Never feed food by hand. Always use food pusher.
- This appliance is intended to be used in house hold and similar applications such as:
– staff kitchen areas in shops, offices and other working environments;
– farm houses;
– by clients in hotels, motels and other residential type environments;
– bed and breakfast type environments.
SAVE THESE INSTRUCTIONS.
USE OF MACHINE
- Ensure there are no foreign objects in the Yonanas maker.
- Be certain chute assembly is securely locked in place before operating appliance.
- Do not attempt to defeat the chute assembly interlock mechanism.
- Use only the plunger (included) to force food into the Yonanas maker. Never force food into the blades with hands.
- Avoid bodily contact with blades.
- Avoid contact with moving parts. Fingers, hair, clothes etc. must be kept away from moving parts during use.
- Keep hands and utensils away from the spinning blade cone. Do not insert anything not mentioned in this User Manual into the chute.
- Using attachments or components not recommended by Yonanas or its distributors may cause hazards such as fire, electrical shock, and/or personal injury. Any such use will void warranty. This warranty does not cover any defect caused by an accident, misuse, abuse, improper installation or operation, lack of reasonable care, unauthorized modification, loss of parts, tampering or attempted repair by a person not authorized by the distributor.
- Do not lick or use your finger to remove excess Yonanas from blade cone.
- Do not operate Yonanas maker continuously for more than 2 (two) minutes. Allow unit to cool down for 1 (one) minute.
- Run unit for maximum of 2 minutes on/ 1 minute off for a maximum of 3 cycles.
SAFETY OF OTHERS
- The unit is not to be used by children or persons with reduced physical, mental or sensory capabilities.
- The unit is not to be used by people with a lack of experience or knowledge unless they have been given supervision or instruction.
- Do not let children use Yonanas maker without adult supervision.
- Always store the blade cone out of reach of children.
CHUTE ASSEMBLY PARTS
1. Plunger — Presses food through the chute into the blade cone.
2. Chute and Blade Cover — Provides access for food and covers sharp blade cone.
3. Blade Cone — Blades rotate rapidly to process frozen fruits and other foods.
4. Gasket — Prevents contents from leaking out of unit.
|NOTE: There is a top and bottom to the gasket. The top measures 3-3/4 inches (9.5 cm) and the bottom measures 4-1/4 inches (10.8 cm).|
5. Bottom Cap — Screws onto the chute and blade cover and holds all parts of the chute assembly in place.
6. Base — Contains motor and electrical cord. The base provides the mounting surface for the chute assembly.
7. Electrical Cord
1. Place bottom of gasket into the bottom cap.
|NOTE: There is a top and bottom to the gasket. The top measures 3-3/4 inches (9.5 cm) and the bottom measures 4-1/4 inches (10.8 cm). The gasket fits snuggly in the bottom cap.|
2. Carefully set the blade cone on the gasket.
⚠️Always insert gasket into cap before screwing cap into the blade cover.
3. Screw bottom cap into the chute and blade cover.
PLACE & LOCK CHUTE TO BASE
4. Place chute assembly on base.
5. Rotate counterclockwise until chute assembly clicks into the locked position.
1. Power Switch
2. Electrical CordDo not use an extension cord. If the cord provided is too short, move the appliance closer to an outlet. Place bowl in front of unit underneath spout.
REMOVE CHUTE FROM BASE
1. Rotate chute clockwise.
2. Remove chute assembly from base.
3. Unscrew bottom cap from blade cover (counter-clockwise)
|⚠️WARNING: Blades are very sharp! Do not touch blades.|
4. Carefully remove blade cone.
CAUTION: Blades are sharp.
5. Remove gasket by lifting.
|⚠️CAUTION: DO NOT attempt to disassemble, clean or service your Yonanas maker while power switch is on and/or electrical cord is plugged into power source!|
Dishwasher-safe Components. Wash all five (5) components of chute assembly with soap and warm water or in the top rack of a dishwasher. Wipe base with damp cloth.
DO NOT submerge base, plug or cord in any liquid or allow liquid to enter motor housing or electrical components.
- Always – Use bananas that are “cheetah spotted” before freezing. Cheetah spots are a sign that the banana is over-ripe, and the more brown spots, the sweeter the banana. Cheetah spotted bananas make the best Yonanas!
- Always – Peel over-ripe bananas before freezing.
- Always – Freeze peeled over-ripe bananas and other frozen fruits for at least 24 hours before using the Yonanas maker.
- Always – Make sure the chute is locked in place in the 12 o’clock position on the base.
For best results, Yonanas should have the consistency of soft serve ice cream. Each fruit and each freezer is different, but typically your fruit and other frozen ingredients should slightly thaw for 7-10 minutes prior to making Yonanas. You’ll quickly find the right thawing time for every fruit.
Try Yonanas with Frozen Fruits:
Grocery stores supply an assortment of frozen fruit packages featuring blackberries, blueberries, dark cherries, mangoes, pineapples, peaches, strawberries and raspberries. For especially tasty Yonanas try frozen fruit combinations including Mixed Berries, Fruit Medley and the Tropical Fruit mix.
Pieces of frozen chocolate may be added.
When using berries or other frozen fruit, alternate between banana halves and additional contents to ensure an even mixture.
Note: Do not use Frozen Water/Ice Cubes. Ensure all pits are removed from fruit.
Get Into the YoZone…
Pick the right banana and thaw it perfectly! Why cheetah spotted bananas? Cheetah spots are a sign that a banana is over-ripe, and the more brown spots, the sweeter the banana. Cheetah spotted bananas make the best Yonanas.
- Let bananas ripen until cheetah spotted
- Peel and freeze bananas
- Slightly thaw all frozen fruit
- Insert 1/2 banana
- Insert handful of frozen fruit (repeat steps 4 and 5)
For more easy and delicious recipes please visit
Remove plunger, turn power switch to “ON” position.
Insert frozen fruit through top of chute.
Slowly press contents into blade cone using plunger.
|NOTE: The first fruits inserted into the unit might not be immediately dispensed. Insert more fruit for contents to be fully dispensed.|
Apply steady pressure on plunger to obtain proper consistency.
To clean your Yonanas maker, turn off the power and unplug the cord. Follow the disassembly and cleaning procedures found on page 4. Make sure the parts are completely dried before reassembly. Store your Yonanas maker out of the reach of children.
The Legacy Companies, maker of Yonanas machine, issues a 1-year limited warranty from the date of purchase. The warranty says this product will be free from manufacturer’s defects in material and workmanship. The Legacy Companies, at its sole discretion, will repair or replace this product or any component of the product found to be defective during the warranty period. Replacement will be made with a new or refurbished product or component. If the Yonanas maker is misused, dropped or damaged at fault of user, the warranty can be declared void. Please contact us at [email protected].
Any replacement of the electrical cord should only be made by the manufacturer, its service agent or similarly qualified person. This warranty does not cover any defect caused by an accident, misuse, abuse, improper installation or operation, lack of reasonable care, unauthorized modification, loss of parts, tampering or attempted repair by a person not authorized by the distributor.
The Yonanas maker stops during use and will not turn back on.
The most likely reason this is happening is that the safety feature has kicked in. The machine won’t work unless the chute assembly is locked in at the 12 o’clock position. To do this, rotate the chute assembly counter-clockwise until chute clicks into the locked position. The interlock mechanism in the base prevents motor from turning on when chute is in not in place.
The Yonanas maker will not turn on.
Check to see if the unit is plugged in and/ or the outlet is working. If the machine still doesn’t start, confirm that the chute assembly is locked in at the 12 o’clock position.
The Yonanas maker emits a burning smell.
There might be some residue on the motor from the manufacturing process during the products first uses. If odor continues and/or smoke appears, turn off and unplug IMMEDIATELY.
Nothing comes out of the machine when you put a banana in it.
Make sure to use 2 frozen bananas to push through the machine. If using fruit, use one frozen banana then frozen fruit, alternating and finish with a frozen banana. A quick stir in the bowl will insure that all the ingredients are mixed together.
DISPOSAL OF APPLIANCES AND BATTERIES
This appliance must not be disposed of together with the domestic waste. This appliance has to be disposed at an authorized place for recycling of electrical and electronic appliances. By collecting and recycling waste, you help save natural resources and make sure that the product is disposed in an environmentally friendly and healthy way.
Any replacement of the electrical cord should only be made by the manufacturer, its service agent or similarly qualified person.
We would love to help you enjoy your healthy dessert maker.
Please email the service department before returning product to the store.
Please contact us at [email protected].
Download Manual PDF
Yonanas 902 Classic Vegan Non-Dairy Frozen Fruit Soft
Serve Dessert Maker User Manual PDF Download