Homedics ss 2000 SoundSleep White Noise
Sound Machine User Manual
CREATE YOUR PERFECT SLEEP ENVIRONMENT.
Thank you for purchasing SoundSpa®, the HoMedics acoustic relaxation machine. This, like the entire HoMedics product line, is built with high-quality craftsmanship to provide you years of dependable service. We hope that you will find it to be the finest product of its kind. SoundSpa helps create your perfect sleep environment. You can fall asleep to any of its six calming sounds. SoundSpa can also mask distractions to improve your concentration while you read, work or study.
SOUNDSPA® SOUND MACHINE FEATURES
- 6 nature sounds: Thunder, Ocean, Brook, Summer Night, Rain, and White Noise
- Auto-timer lets you choose how long you listen – 15, 30, 60 minutes or continuously
- Volume control adjusts the volume of the sounds
- Compact and lightweight for travel
ASSEMBLY AND INSTRUCTIONS FOR USE
- Unpack the product and check to make sure the adapter is included (Fig. 1).
- This unit is powered by a AC adapter, (included) or 4 “AA” batteries, which are not included.
- Attach the AC adapter jack to the base of the unit and insert the cord into a 120-volt household outlet.
- To install batteries, remove compartment cover. Insert 4 “AA” batteries into the compartment on the bottom according to the polarity direction indicated. Replace cover and snap into place.
- Do not mix old and new batteries.
- Use only the size and type of batteries specified.
- Do not dispose of batteries in fire. Batteries may explode or leak.
- When installing batteries, observe proper +/- polarities. Incorrect installation of battery may cause damage to the unit.
- Do not mix alkaline, standard (carbon-zinc), or rechargeable (Ni-Cad, Ni-MH, etc) batteries.
- Clean the battery contacts and also those of the device prior to battery installation.
- Remove depleted batteries promptly
- If the unit is not going to be used for a long period of time, remove batteries to prevent damage due to possible battery leakage.
- Recycle or dispose of properly in accordance with all local, state, province, and country regulations.
LISTENING TO NATURE SOUNDS
- Power the unit on by turning the VOLUME knob in the clockwise direction.
- Press the button of the sound you wish to listen to (Fig. 2). The green POWER LED will indicate the unit is on (Fig. 3).
- To adjust the volume, turn the VOLUME knob (Fig. 3) to your desired level.
- When finished listening to the sounds, you may turn them off by turning the VOLUME knob to the off position (Fig. 3).
NOTE: When the unit is turned on, it will always default to the last sound used.
CAUTION: All servicing of this product must be performed by authorized HoMedics Service Personnel only.
USING THE AUTO-TIMER
- When the power is on and you are listening to a nature sound, you may set a timer so the unit will automatically turn off.
- Toggle through the TIMER button (Fig. 3) until the corresponding LED illuminates next to the time of your choice — 15, 30, or 60 minutes. The unit will automatically shut off after the selected time and the POWER LED (Fig. 3) will remain lit showing you it is still in timer mode. If you choose to listen to another timed sound, press the timer button to select a desired time. Or if you choose to listen to the sounds continuously, turn the unit off and then back on.
NOTE: Do not select the TIMER button if you wish to listen to the sounds continuously.
You may leave the unit on display, or you can store it in its box or a cool, dry place.
Wipe off dust with a damp cloth. NEVER use liquids or abrasive cleaners. Modifications not authorized by the manufacturer may void user’s authority to operate this device.
FCC AND IC STATEMENTS
This device complies with part 15 of the FCC Rules. Operation is subject to the following two conditions: (1) This device may not cause harmful interference, and (2) this device must accept any interference received, including interference that may cause undesired operation.
This equipment has been tested and found to comply with the limits for a Class B digital device, pursuant to part 15 of the FCC Rules and CAN ICES-3 (B)/NMB-3 (B). These limits are designed to provide reasonable protection against harmful interference in a residential installation.
This equipment generates, uses and can radiate radio frequency energy and, if not installed and used in accordance with the instructions, may cause harmful interference to radio communications. However, there is no guarantee that interference will not occur in a particular installation. If this equipment does cause harmful interference to radio or television reception, which can be determined by turning the equipment off and on, the user is encouraged to try to correct the interference by one or more of the following measures:
- Reorient or relocate the receiving antenna.
- Increase the separation between the equipment and receiver.
- Connect the equipment into an outlet on a circuit different from that to which the receiver is connected.
- Consult the dealer or an experienced radio/TV technician for help.
The manufacturer is not responsible for any radio or TV interference caused by unauthorized modifications to this equipment. Such modifications could void the user authority to operate the equipment.
LIMITED 1-YEAR WARRANTY
HoMedics sells its products with the intent that they are free of defects in manufacture and workmanship for a period of 1 year from the date of original purchase, except as noted below. HoMedics warrants that its products will be free of defects in material and workmanship under normal use and service. This warranty extends only to consumers and does not extend to Retailers.
To obtain warranty service on your HoMedics product, contact a Consumer Relations for assistance. Please make sure to have the model number of the product available.
HoMedics does not authorize anyone, including, but not limited to, Retailers, the subsequent consumer purchaser of the product from a Retailer or remote purchasers, to obligate HoMedics in any way beyond the terms set forth herein. This warranty does not cover damage caused by misuse or abuse; accident; the attachment of any unauthorized accessory; alteration to the product; improper installation; unauthorized repairs or modifications; improper use of electrical/power supply; loss of power; dropped product; malfunction or damage of an operating part from failure to provide manufacturer’s recommended maintenance; transportation damage; theft; neglect; vandalism; or environmental conditions; loss of use during the period the product is at a repair facility or otherwise awaiting parts or repair; or any other conditions whatsoever that are beyond the control of HoMedics.
This warranty is effective only if the product is purchased and operated in the country in which the product is purchased. A product that requires modifications or adoption to enable it to operate in any other country than the country for which it was designed, manufactured, approved and/or authorized, or repair of products damaged by these modifications is not covered under this warranty.
THE WARRANTY PROVIDED HEREIN SHALL BE THE SOLE AND EXCLUSIVE WARRANTY. THERE SHALL BE NO OTHER WARRANTIES EXPRESS OR IMPLIED INCLUDING ANY IMPLIED WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS OR ANY OTHER OBLIGATION ON THE PART OF THE COMPANY WITH RESPECT TO PRODUCTS COVERED BY THIS WARRANTY. HOMEDICS SHALL HAVE NO LIABILITY FOR ANY INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, OR SPECIAL DAMAGES. IN NO EVENT SHALL THIS WARRANTY REQUIRE MORE THAN THE REPAIR OR REPLACEMENT OF ANY PART OR PARTS WHICH ARE FOUND TO BE DEFECTIVE WITHIN THE EFFECTIVE PERIOD OF THE WARRANTY. NO REFUNDS WILL BE GIVEN. IF REPLACEMENT PARTS FOR DEFECTIVE MATERIALS ARE NOT AVAILABLE, HOMEDICS RESERVES THE RIGHT TO MAKE PRODUCT SUBSTITUTIONS IN LIEU OF REPAIR OR REPLACEMENT.
This warranty does not extend to the purchase of opened, used, repaired, repackaged, and/or resealed products, including but not limited to sale of such products on internet auction sites and/or sales of such products by surplus or bulk resellers. Any and all warranties or guarantees shall immediately cease and terminate as to any products or parts thereof which are repaired, replaced, altered, or modified, without the prior express and written consent of HoMedics.
This warranty provides you with specific legal rights. You may have additional rights which may vary from state to state and country to country. Because of individual state and country regulations, some of the above limitations and exclusions may not apply to you.
FOR SERVICE IN THE USA
Monday-Friday EST 8:30am-7:00pm
FOR SERVICE IN CANADA
Monday-Friday EST 8:30am-5:00pm
HoMedics and SoundSpa are registered trademarks of HoMedics, LLC.
©2004-2019 HoMedics, LLC. All rights reserved. Sleep Solutions is a trademark of HoMedics, LLC.
Distributed by HoMedics, LLC, 3000 N Pontiac Trail, Commerce Township, MI 48390.
Made in China
Is it possible to run the machine all night, without the auto-off? I am looking for a machine that can run for hours, without having to turn on repea
I have run mine 24 hours a day for over 7 years now!! I turn it off when I’m out of town…maybe 3 or 4 weeks a year. Nice reliable little machine.
Does this machine emit light (e.g., LEDs) during operation? If so, how bright is it?
Yes, and I find it very bright. So much so that I have to cover it with something because it illuminates the area next to my bed and around the device. (It’s the only thing I don’t like about it and I wonder why they put the light on the machine – if the machine is making noise, it’s obviously on!) I put a piece of black electrical tape over it.
Can you plug it into an electrical outlet or does it have to be used w/ batteries?
We use the outlet but also have batteries in it in case the power goes out. That way it doesn’t shut off and wake the kids.
Does the ocean sound have the seagulls as well looking for one with just the ocean no birds.
The version I have has seagulls in it. They’re obnoxious and why I never use the ocean setting. I bought mine in 2011, though, so maybe it has changed since then.