RYOBI PCL705 18V Hand Vacuum User Manual
⚠ WARNING: To reduce the risk of injury, the user must read and understand the operator’s manual before using this product.
SAVE THIS MANUAL FOR FUTURE REFERENCE
IMPORTANT SAFETY INSTRUCTIONS
SAVE THESE INSTRUCTIONS
When using an electrical appliance, basic precautions should always be followed, including the following:
READ AND UNDERSTAND ALL INSTRUCTIONS. Failure to follow all instructions listed below, may result in electric shock, fire and/or serious personal injury.
READ ALL INSTRUCTIONS BEFORE USING THIS APPLIANCE
To reduce the risk of electric shock DO NOT expose to rain. Store indoors.
- Dress properly. Do not wear loose clothing or jewelry. Contain long hair. Keep your hair, loose clothing, fingers, and all parts of the body and clothing, away from openings and moving parts. Loose clothes, jewelry, or long hair can be caught in internal moving parts.
- Do not overreach. Keep proper footing and balance at all times. Proper footing and balance enables better control of the hand vac in unexpected situations. Do not use on a ladder or unstable support.
- Use safety equipment. Dust mask must be used for appropriate conditions.
- Do not allow children to operate the product or play with the product as a toy. Close attention is necessary when used by or near children.
- Use this product ONLY for its intended use as described in this manual. Use only the attachments recommended in this manual.
- If the product is not working properly, has been dropped, damaged, left outdoors, or dropped into water, return to your nearest service center.
- Do not handle charger plug or product with wet hands.
- Do not put any objects in ventilation openings. Do not
use with any opening blocked. Keep openings free of dust, lint, hair, and anything that may reduce air flow.
- NEVER vacuum materials that are burning or smoking, such as hot coals, cigarette butts, matches, burning or smoking ashes, etc.
- DO NOT use to pick up flammable or combustible liquids, such as gasoline, or use in areas where they may be present.
- Use extra care when using on stairs.
- This unit is for dry vacuuming only. Do not use to clean up liquids.
- Do not use without dust bowl and filter in place.
- Do not incinerate this appliance even if it is severely damaged. The batteries can explode in a fire.
- The product does not have to be plugged into an electrical outlet, therefore it is always in operating condition. Be aware of possible hazards when using the
product or when changing accessories.
- Remove battery when the vacuum is not in use and before servicing.
- Use this product only with batteries and chargers listed in tool/appliance/battery pack/charger correlation supplement 987000-432.
- Recharge only with the charger specified by the manufacturer. A charger that is suitable for one type of battery pack may create a risk of fire when used with another battery pack.
- Use power tools only with specifically designated battery packs. Use of any other battery packs may create a risk of injury and fire.
- When battery pack is not in use, keep it away from other metal objects like: paper clips, coins, keys, nails, screws, or other small metal objects that can make a connection from one terminal to another. Shorting the battery terminals together may cause sparks, burns, or a fire.
- Always remove battery pack from your tool when you are assembling parts, making adjustments, cleaning, or when not in use. Removing battery pack will prevent
accidental starting that could cause serious personal injury.
- Do not use a battery pack or power tool that is damaged or modified. Damaged or modified batteries may exhibit unpredictable behaviour resulting in fire, explosion or risk of injury.
- Do not modify or attempt to repair a power tool or battery pack that has been damaged.
- To reduce the risk of serious personal injury, never use or expose battery pack or any cordless product in the presence of an open flame or temperature above 265°F. An exploded battery can propel debris and chemicals. If exposed, flush with water immediately.
- Prevent unintentional starting. Ensure the switch is in the off-position before connecting to power source and/or battery pack, picking up or carrying the product. Carrying battery products with your finger on the switch or energizing battery products that have the switch on invites accidents.
- Under abusive conditions, liquid may be ejected from the battery; avoid contact. If contact accidentally occurs, flush with water. If liquid contacts eyes, additionally seek medical help. Liquid ejected from the battery may cause irritation or burns.
- Do not charge battery tool in a damp or wet location. Do not use, store, or charge battery packs or products in locations where the temperature is less than 50°F
or more than 100°F. Do not store outside or in vehicles.
- Protect your lungs. Wear a face or dust mask if the operation is dusty. Following this rule will reduce the risk of serious personal injury.
- Check for misalignment or binding of moving parts, breakage of parts, and any other condition that may affect the hand vac’s operation. If damaged, have the
product serviced before using. Many accidents are caused by poorly maintained products.
- Use only accessories that are recommended by the manufacturer for your model. Accessories that may be suitable for one product may create a risk of injury when
used on another product.
- Do not let gasoline, oils, petroleum-based products, etc., come in contact with plastic parts. They contain chemicals that can damage, weaken, or destroy plastic.
- Have servicing performed by a qualified repair person using only identical replacement parts. This will ensure that the safety of the product is maintained.
- Appliance is intended for household use only.
- This product contains no serviceable parts.
- Save these instructions. Refer to them frequently and use them to instruct others who may use this hand vac. If you loan someone this hand vac, loan them these instructions also.
Do not use this product if it is not completely assembled or if any parts appear to be missing or damaged. Use of a product that is not properly and completely assembled or with damaged or missing parts could result in serious personal injury.
Do not attempt to modify this product or create accessories or attachments not recommended for use with this product. Any such alteration or modification is misuse and could result in a hazardous condition leading to possible serious personal injury.
If any parts are damaged or missing, please call 1-800-525-2579 for assistance.
Do not allow familiarity with this product to make you careless. Remember that a careless fraction of a second is sufficient to inflict serious injury.
Always remove battery pack from the tool when you are assembling parts, making adjustments, cleaning, or when not in use. Removing battery pack will prevent accidental starting that could cause serious personal injury.
Do not use any attachments or accessories not recommended by the manufacturer of this product. The use of attachments or accessories not recommended can result in serious personal injury.
You may use this product for the following purpose: Light-duty vacuuming of dry surfaces
INSTALLING/REMOVING BATTERY PACK
See Figure 1, page 6.
- Insert the battery pack into the battery port.
- Make sure the latches on each side of the battery pack snap into place and that the battery pack is secured in the hand vac before beginning operation.
- Locate the latches on the side of the battery pack and depress both sides to release the battery pack from the hand vac.
For complete charging instructions, see the operator’s manuals for your battery pack and charger.
STARTING/STOPPING THE VACUUM
See Figure 2, page 6.
- To start the vacuum: slide the ON/OFF switch toward the front of the vacuum.
- To stop the vacuum: slide the ON/OFF switch toward the back of the vacuum.
REMOVING/REATTACHING THE DUST BOWL
See Figures 3 – 5, page 6.
The dust bowl should be checked, emptied, and cleaned periodically for maximum dust collection.
- Remove the battery pack.
- Depress the release button located on top of the hand vac. Pull the dust bowl down and out.
- Position the two sections as shown. Align the slot on the bottom of dust bowl with the tab on the bottom of motor housing, then snap the two sections together.
This product contains no serviceable parts.
Avoid using solvents when cleaning plastic parts. Most plastics are susceptible to damage from various types of commercial solvents and may be damaged by their use. Use clean cloths to remove dirt, dust, oil, grease, etc.
Do not at any time let brake fluids, gasoline, petroleum based products, penetrating oils, etc., come in contact with plastic parts. Chemicals can damage, weaken or destroy plastic which could result in serious personal injury.
CLEANING/REPLACING THE FILTER
See Figures 3 – 5, page 6.
- Remove the battery pack.
- Depress the release button located on top of the hand vac.
- Remove dust bowl, filter housing, and filter from vacuum.
- Remove filter housing and filter from dust bowl.
- Turn filter counter clockwise and remove it from filter housing.
NOTE: To reassemble, insert filter into filter housing and turn clockwise to lock into place.
- Shake or lightly brush any dust or dirt off the filter.
- Shake or lightly brush any dust off the filter housing. Wash if necessary.
- Empty the dust bowl; wash if necessary. Before reattaching to the hand vac, make sure all pieces are completely dry.
NOTE: Allow 24 hours for parts to dry completely.
When purchasing replacement filter, request recommended part number 542363003.
NOTE: ILLUSTRATIONS START ON PAGE 6 AFTER FRENCH AND SPANISH LANGUAGE SECTIONS.
- A – Dust bowl
- B – Release button
- C – ON/OFF switch
- A – Battery pack
- B – Depress latches to release battery pack
- A – ON/OFF switch
- B – ON
- C – OFF
- A – Dust bowl
- B – Release button
- A – Dust bowl
- B – Filter Housing
- C – Filter
- D – To unlock
- E – To lock
- A – Tab
- B – Slot
OPERATOR’S MANUAL/18 VOLT HAND VAC PCL705
To request service, purchase replacement parts, locate an Authorized Service Center or obtain Customer or Technical Support:
Visit www.ryobitools.com or call 1-800-525-2579
If any parts or accessories are damaged or missing, do not return this product to the store. Call 1-800-525-2579 for immediate service.
Please obtain your model and serial number from the product data plate. This product is covered under a 3-year limited Warranty. Proof of purchase is required.
MODEL NUMBER* _______________ SERIAL NUMBER ____________________________
*Model number on product may have additional letters at the end. These letters designate manufacturing information and should be provided when calling for service.
RYOBI is a trademark of Ryobi Limited and is used pursuant to a license granted by Ryobi Limited.
ONE WORLD TECHNOLOGIES, INC.
P.O. Box 1288, Anderson, SC 29622 • Phone 1-800-525-2579
États-Unis, Téléphone 1-800-525-2579 • USA, Teléfono 1-800-525-2579